Josh Stuckey Signed

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Wynnum on line defence looks similar to ours, but at least he’s running better lines than us. Good luck young man
That defence was putrid hahahah... Made Francis Tualau look like Jason T.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

The Bulldogs have continued their impressive build-up for 2022 by signing one of the most promising forwards in the Queensland Cup.

Canterbury has beaten half a dozen clubs to sign Josh Stuckey, a lanky 108kg edge back-rower from the Northern Pride.

Stuckey has been averaging close to 200 running metres per game in the Queensland Cup and recently scored a hat-trick of tries against Wynnum.

The tall back-rower should add considerable strike power to the Bulldogs pack in 2022 and beyond after signing a two-year deal.

Always a Bulldog
Got no issue with the signing as i know eff all about the kid but always weary of a 23 yr old Q cupper who cant break into the NRL. Plus looks like a prop.

Last edited:

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Ok I’m waiting for Marley to come out and shit all over this news hahaha
Why? I already knew about this. Can't wait to see how some of you guys react when a certain player is released :kissingsmiling:

XR6T

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Got no issue with the signing as i know eff all about the kid but always weary of a 23 yr old Q cupper who cant break into the NRL.
Some blossom later than others

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Like this signing have seen him play a lot through juniors. Des need to work on consistency but has genuine ball skills for a forward.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Like this signing have seen him play a lot through juniors. Des need to work on consistency but has genuine ball skills for a forward.
Just watched a fair few hl of the Northern pride and he goes ok...Big boy with decent speed and technical pass.

If anything he looks like a ball playing prop who can definitely find a barge over try... Plays very similar to Thommo.

Might be a good signing if he can do the speed of the NRL.

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just watched a fair few hl of the Northern pride and he goes ok...Big boy with decent speed and technical pass.

If anything he looks like a ball playing prop who can definitely find a barge over try... Plays very similar to Thommo.

Might be a good signing if he can do the speed of the NRL.
Completely different to Thompson who really is a second rower who we have playing prop (it's dumb). I'd have him as a less consistent Junior Paulo at this stage, loves an offload, but he has ball skills. He's sort of a prototype of what props are now. Hard for me to get a comparison but Paulo is the best one I can think of he's just a bit taller than Paulo.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I prefer a signing like this over someone like Asiata for e.g. If he's to be in the top 30 we need to move on a second rower (Stimson and Waddell would be at the top of my list) because we just have way too many (if we were to play TPJ and/or RFM through the middle it'd probably work without moving anyone on) and the distribution of positions/coverage in the top 30 wouldn't be ideal.

Also we need to be careful with this being a Mole post because his track record is pretty bad. I'm not saying he's wrong but we need to wait until it's posted somewhere else too.

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I prefer a signing like this over someone like Asiata for e.g. If he's to be in the top 30 we need to move on a second rower (Stimson and Waddell would be at the top of my list) because we just have way too many (if we were to play TPJ and/or RFM through the middle it'd probably work without moving anyone on) and the distribution of positions/coverage in the top 30 wouldn't be ideal.
Asiata I don't get the signing one single bit. What is his role. He's the ultimate "I can play a number of positions but very ordinarily"

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Why? I already knew about this. Can't wait to see how some of you guys react when a certain player is released :kissingsmiling:
I'm over it to be honest. Wouldn't care if they released Thommo.
One day we'll come good, when that day comes then it comes. I'm not going to sit around sulking over it.
I'm well into my 40's and I've had my fair share of dogs premiership wins(6 of them) witnessed through my own eyes and felt the euphoria throughout my whole body.
However, I do empathize with the younger generation who didn't get a chance to witness how strong our club was for a period of 25 years(1980-2004). I actually feel for a lot of dogs supporters who have never experienced the feeling of going to Belmore Sports Ground every two weeks in a season, year after year for home games and that tribal tsunami we carried with us sitting in the wog stand and the hill terrifying opposing players who dared to step foot on our pitch. I do feel for this younger generation of dogs supporters because my 8 year old son is one of them. But for me personally I couldn't give a rats arse!

From the area

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Id say that would make us look like this. Ignore where ive put players (that's a separate debate). We are sitting at 30 assuming we don't move on players signed for next year. I think Patolo will be a development player as well as a couple of the guys in our SG Ball side this year. Danny Ghantous, Bailey Cox, Khaled Rajab, etc. I tell you one thing it's a decent cup side.

1 Dufty
2 JAC
3 Naden
4 Schoupp
5 Cotric
6 Burton
7 Avo
8 Thompson
9 JMK
10 Vaughan
11 TPJ
12 RFM
13 Jacko

14 BBO
15 Asiata
16 Hetherington
17 Elliott

NSW Cup
1 Allan
3 Tui Katoa
4 Alamoti
5 Okunbor
6 Wakeham (he's still signed even though we know theyre trying to move him on)
7 Flanno
8 Mavoni Tuifua
9 Topine
10 Ava
11 Waddell
12 Doorey
13 Stimson

16 Stuckey
That’s strong but no to Averillo at 7. That cannot happen.