Rumour Brandon smith done deal

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
There’s couple player swaps on the cards Melbourne have identified 3 players they’ll be interested in taking everyone is on the market. Barrett is pissed off at the lack of effort and courage shown by certain players no one is safe anymore
Maybe Baz should do a better job of managing the squad.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He has never stood out against Australia....lol. He's a tough, effort player, but technically he is nowhere near on the level of players like Grant.....I would take him for the right price, but he would want massive overs to come to our club.....I just don't think he's worth it.
Okay if you say so. He was man of the match in 2018 when they won and he scored a try. He's also stood out numerous other times for NZ but don't let the truth get in the way of your agenda.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
There’s couple player swaps on the cards Melbourne have identified 3 players they’ll be interested in taking everyone is on the market. Barrett is pissed off at the lack of effort and courage shown by certain players no one is safe anymore
Have you heard anything about BBO? We need to get him locked up ASAP.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Did Cheese sleep with Elliott or something…?
lol nah, i just don't think he's worth what some people seem to think around here. At this club where we often hsve to deal with teams inside the 10, he'll get exposed, imho

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Okay if you say so. He was man of the match in 2018 when they won and he scored a try. He's also stood out numerous other times for NZ but don't let the truth get in the way of your agenda.
I have no agenda. Just an opinion. You don't have to bee an a-hole just because i don't agree with you. Running game is good, service is not good enough. Not worth the ridiculous figures that are being quoted here. That's my opinion.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
has a massive agenda and dont forget he thinks Elliott is EASILY a better all round player so.......

maxresdefault.jpg

there goes ANY credibility he had :laughing:

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I have no agenda. Just an opinion. You don't have to bee an a-hole just because i don't agree with you. Running game is good, service is not good enough. Not worth the ridiculous figures that are being quoted here. That's my opinion.
You're entitled to your opinion. You said he hadn't stood out against Australia, I proved that he has. Quality hookers are scarce these days and are also more important than ever with the rule changes so he's worth paying big money for.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
that is true you are entitled to one..your well and truly on your own though so i guess we will see next year but to say he is a bit of a slug is ridonkulous that's my opinion LOL

Bulldogs fan

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Ok hopefully it’s not bbo, schoupp, thomo or almoti they can take anyone else

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
lol nah, i just don't think he's worth what some people seem to think around here. At this club where we often hsve to deal with teams inside the 10, he'll get exposed, imho
The main reason we signed Gus was Khourey recognised that we had reached a crisis point in our rebuild. The footy team wasn’t progressing, top talent had stopped signing with us and Barrett was/is struggling.

Hooker has long been recognised as our main priority and since Ennis we have failed to secure or develop a good one.

Other than Grant or possibly Mahoney there is no-one else even remotely worth chasing and the only in house option might be BBO. (Though 7 might be his thing)

It’s a big moment for the club because as I have said before, what Smith would bring to our club apart from being in the top 2 hookers in the game is his infectious desire to compete and win.

Would be a massive signing and couldn’t give a fuck what we pay him. Just maybe the power team of Gould/Khoury/Laundy/Hansen is starting assert its influence.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
You're entitled to your opinion. You said he hadn't stood out against Australia, I proved that he has. Quality hookers are scarce these days and are also more important than ever with the rule changes so he's worth paying big money for.
I can already picture how they won that game......on the back of their forwards really sticking it to Australia and him making some good runs off the back of it. Crisp and efficient service is still a problem for him. I don't think him moving to canterbury woul be good for either the club or his personal development. That's my opinion.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The main reason we signed Gus was Khourey recognised that we had reached a crisis point in our rebuild. The footy team wasn’t progressing, top talent had stopped signing with us and Barrett was/is struggling.

Hooker has long been recognised as our main priority and since Ennis we have failed to secure or develop a good one.

Other than Grant or possibly Mahoney there is no-one else even remotely worth chasing and the only in house option might be BBO. (Though 7 might be his thing)

It’s a big moment for the club because as I have said before, what Smith would bring to our club apart from being in the top 2 hookers in the game is his infectious desire to compete and win.

Would be a massive signing and couldn’t give a fuck what we pay him. Just maybe the power team of Gould/Khoury/Laundy/Hansen is starting assert its influence.
Very true i'm liking what has been going down too!!..and add in JAC who has all these traits too it's fucking massive for us if we're getting this BULL of a player.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
that is true you are entitled to one..your well and truly on your own though so i guess we will see next year but to say he is a bit of a slug is ridonkulous that's my opinion LOL
Watch him closely. He can not pass off the ground. Always has to do a little shuffle towards the defensive line first. The reason he looks so good at melbs is his team regularly dominates the ruck and always get a good 10 metres when attacking

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I can already picture how they won that game......on the back of their forwards really sticking it to Australia and him making some good runs off the back of it. Crisp and efficient service is still a problem for him. I don't think him moving to canterbury woul be good for either the club or his personal development. That's my opinion.
You're also discounting his toughness, leadership and premiership winning experience which would be invaluable for a struggling club like ours. The guy is a winner and a true competitor who will help change the culture while holding everyone accountable.

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
If we offered him anything more than 600k, it’s a terrible piece of business. Surely Gus knows better. He didn’t go out snd pay overs for players at Penrith.
WE want him, but we don't want him if we have to pay X.

If we want him, we have to pay the price. You can't be half pregnant.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Love to get Cheese..but...not if it means loosing BBO.

Smart skillful, running, fearless halfbacks are much harder to find than hookers.

Burton will totally dominate our plays at 5/8 next year and if we have a good running, kicking 7 with him, the need for a running hooker not as critical.

A good decision making dh fits in better with Burton.

IF we can only get one, I'd rather BBO at 7 than Cheese at 9.