Votes: 10 6.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Not to mention the NSW government diverting Pfizer away from regional areas to vaccinate year 12 school kids.
I feel there's a reason there that they haven't explained clearly. I wonder if it's anything to do with protecting the operation of universities long term. They're already suffering a loss of income from foreign students and I wonder if not having new students next year is too big an impact for Uni's to be sustainable.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Something is not right here, this girl was at Bondi yesterday and apparently they walking around like there's no lockdown and the police are just letting them be while in the south west there's an army and police dropping infringements like okunbor with the footy!
Different restrictions in place. To the most part there isn't that many restrictions outside the hard lockdown LGAs (Southwest)

The SW LGAs can't do much at all.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Different restrictions in place. To the most part there isn't that many restrictions outside the hard lockdown LGAs (Southwest)

If they clamped down on their mates in the East then we wouldn't be on home detention like we are.

Another Fuck up by the "experts" in government.

Just like how covid first arrived in Sydney.

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So yesterday it was more contagious but less deadly. But today it's more contagious, more damaging but still less deadly?
only people wanting you to take it less seriously were saying that it it was less deadly though...I think the link I provided also suggests more deadly. People don't look at the numbers that closely if it supports their view... When measuring how 'deadly' something is you must remove all vaccinated people from the equation... very difficult to do as most parts of the world have pretty high vaccination rates.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
So yesterday it was more contagious but less deadly. But today it's more contagious, more damaging but still less deadly?
Don't know yet. We know it's a crap load more contagious, but it's hard to tell if it's less deadly or more deadly as you're comparing the earlier variants with little or no vaccination against the Delta with large amounts of vaccination.

Everyone was hoping it was less deadly, and based on previous diseases, it should be less deadly. As diseases usually get weaker when they mutate. But that's not always the case. From memory I think Ebola has mutated and become more deadly several times.

Plus we have the fact that we meddle. If a virus becomes more deadly then it dies out 'cause it kills all the hosts. But we have ways of keeping people alive. So as a side effect, we end up keeping the worse viruses alive.

Recent data coming out of the US is suggesting that Delta is around 2-3 times more transmissible, and may be around 20 - 50% more deadly. Both due to the massive viral load. But more research is needed to confirm that.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I feel there's a reason there that they haven't explained clearly. I wonder if it's anything to do with protecting the operation of universities long term. They're already suffering a loss of income from foreign students and I wonder if not having new students next year is too big an impact for Uni's to be sustainable.
Gladys said today, "it's important for year 12 students to finish their HSC. That's why we're doing this"

Any tradie will tell you how useless an HSC really is.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Dangerous game balancing that against the potentially catastrophic impacts on the health system and economy in a general sense though. People are furious here.....we are enough a part of sydney to be locked down, but not enough of a part to get Pfizer apparently.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
If they clamped down on their mates in the East then we wouldn't be on home detention like we are.

Another Fuck up by the "experts" in government.

Just like how covid first arrived in Sydney.
They did originally. When the Northern Beaches lockdown happened it was the same thing. People were basically fined for leaving their houses and the whole of the Northern beaches was shut down. It's just that now it hit the South West area.

But if they didn't half arse the initial response then yeah, it never would have hit SW.

dog 4life

Kennel Established
Reaction score

The government screwed up big time, should have been hard locked down early but left it too late,On top of that people are petrified of astrazeneca because of all the changes and they don't have enough pfizer vaccine. We are paying for their fuck ups unfortunately

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
1627962408776.png

Yes I'm partisan, yes Doug Cameron is partisan but everything he says is spot on about the incompetent pieces of shit morriscum, hunt and fryendberg

They've been anti-science purely so they can play politics with this.

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
How do these cases keep rising in south west Sydney when we’re in lockdown. Serious question we wear masks everywhere can only go out for limited reasons, do they breakdown why it’s happening. I see people at shops and cafes etc, but it’s in and out I don’t see anyone coughing everywhere.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
only people wanting you to take it less seriously were saying that it it was less deadly though...I think the link I provided also suggests more deadly. People don't look at the numbers that closely if it supports their view... When measuring how 'deadly' something is you must remove all vaccinated people from the equation... very difficult to do as most parts of the world have pretty high vaccination rates.
The MSM said it was more contagious but less deadly.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
They did originally. When the Northern Beaches lockdown happened it was the same thing. People were basically fined for leaving their houses and the whole of the Northern beaches was shut down. It's just that now it hit the South West area.

But if they didn't half arse the initial response then yeah, it never would have hit SW.
I saw no duds playing army dress up in the East my bro..

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Haven’t the east managed it though through lockdown? There not getting anywhere near the cases of SWS. I’ve seen photos of them out and about, yet it’s still been contained. SWS must be doing this ten fold.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Didn't need them. They locked down the Northern Beaches and out police on the streets. Within a few weeks the numbers dropped to zero and it was over.

With the South West they started with police but the numbers keep rising. So they bring in the army. Not because they are needed, but because it shows that the government is doing something, and that distracts from the fact that they're not locking down the rest of Sydney.

Status
Not open for further replies.