Flanagan proved beyond any doubt he is not a first grade half

DogDays

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Should never be given another shot at fg in bulldogs colours
He never should have been given another go.

He is done, we have seen enough and it’s on Barrett that he a) is here in the first place and b) is back in first grade.

Lewis was dropped for this chump?

kap123

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Baz needs to pull his head in and realise we aren’t scoring off natural structure like the Storm, Panthers or Rabbitohs. We need lucky sort of chance your arm plays like Lewis be Roosters when he did that chip n chase.

ddt192

The Blue N White Butcher Stripe
Reaction score
Weak **** needs to fuck off back to Cronulla. Offered nothing while BBO had to ride the bench. Fuck off

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Wakeham has played better than Flanagan, but he hasn't developed a running game. To me he hasn't adjusted, or is unable to adjust his game to the new rules.I think that it would be easier to offload Wakeham to another club than flanagan.

XR6T

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Wakeham has played better than Flanagan, but he hasn't developed a running game. To me he hasn't adjusted, or is unable to adjust his game to the new rules.I think that it would be easier to offload Wakeham to another club than flanagan.
I wish we could offload both of the *****...

Mr T

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
We got a few tries against Newcastle round 1. But those reserve grade newy wingers rush in more than Okunbur
If they have reserve graders, then Meaney and Okunbur are absolute trash.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I wish we could offload both of the *****...
Would be ideal, at least move one on, I can't see any NRL club taking Flanagan unless a close relative of his becomes an NRL coach.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I hope this analysis gets sent to Baz but I'm sure he knows.

When Kyle is starting in the halves, the average scoreline is 34.5 to 8.9 (us losing of course). When he is not in the team (i.e. when Avo is 7), the scoreline is 27.5 to 18.

We score more and concede less when he is not playing. If we were losing every game but average 8.5 points the hill to climb next year wouldn't seem as large.

I'll come out and say I was for signing Kyle backend of last year because on face value he looked good and someone who could fill a void.
Flanagan can't play the on the ball halfback role that Baz wants, simple as that. Unfortunately for Jake he was forced into the role and executed it a better but he still isn't a halfback and needs to develop his own game like you said. He has now started to regress.

All this comes down to poor coaching and management. I don't know how Baz could spend preseason with these blokes and think this style of play is going to work, he was soooo far off the mark that you have to ask serious questions. The fact that he bought Flanagan and Allan is even more concerning.

Last edited:

Mak Dogs

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Would be ideal, at least move one on, I can't see any NRL club taking Flanagan unless a close relative of his becomes an NRL coach.
100%. No one would go anywhere near this bloke. He’s beyond shit

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We created an overlap 2 or 3 occasions and the muppet flanacrap hit the lead runner and didn’t play out the back at all
No vision
No skill
No kicking game

pathetic

Malpass

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I was hoping he would be a good buy but he's got nothing . FFS own the side , lead them around the park .He just doesn't seem to want to take on the defence , go to the line , pop a few short balls....... do something.
I just don't see averillo as a out and out number 7 . keep him as a running six ......Play BBO at 7 , even lewis or wakeham instead of flanagan

Averillo played a lot of FB coming up through the juniors , its a wonder he hasn't had a go there especially last year when pay played him in the centres , on the wing and I think he had a go at 6 too