Official Paul Vaughan signs for the Bulldogs on a one year deal

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Not being negative but we have only one disc of our spine covered. We still need and FB, HB and hooker.

I have hopes for BBO filling in one of those spots.
BBO is our hooker for the next decade.....let the cheese dream go, my friend. BBO will easily surpass him. And never fear about the fullback spot. Corey Allan is going to cement the role long term after a dazzling performance this weekend. Poor dufty will be playing NSW Cup.

Suave

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Really happy with that. Can't fault how the club has gone about their recruitment this year for 2022. The most important element we're missing now is experience in the spine. Feel like that was they key reason we bounced back so well in 2009 via Ennis & Kimmorley. The only player who really fits that bill that is off contract is Mitchell Pearce. Always hated him but given his big game experience may be worth the punt for a 2 year deal I reckon. A hooker would also be nice but I don't expect the club to tick every single box for 2022 (though would be great if they did).

Here's the order of faith I have in the new recruits: JAC, Burton, Vaughan, TPJ, Naden and then Dufty. Dufty's defense is horrible so that worries me and TPJ is a bit lower than the rest given his inconsistency though I reckon he has the biggest upside.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Now we have signed Vaughn can we play Thommo on an edge? His footwork and pace seem a bit wasted playing him as a battering ram. Would live to see him on an edge.
How is it wasted? Did you see him bust 5 tackles last week? He won’t be able to defend on an edge

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
BBO is our hooker for the next decade.....let the cheese dream go, my friend. BBO will easily surpass him. And never fear about the fullback spot. Corey Allan is going to cement the role long term after a dazzling performance this weekend. Poor dufty will be playing NSW Cup.
I've given up on cheese my bro. I fkn hope BBO is our hooker. I love him already.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Not sure if we have any more deals coming but so far every one has been solid (cotric is the only questionable one and that one was the old board and coach).
And funnily enough when we signed Cotric last year nearly everyone was positive about his recruitment. Just shows how low our expectation had become..

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Don't think he missed him but it's obvious he's a stop gap solution for one season only.
Not sure why ppl dont rate him. When he's on his stats are as good as tedesco or ponga. Last match of his I watched he got like 2 tries, 3 try assists, lb assists etc. He can be inconsistent but so it St George.

Maybe a club change will help there, if hes unhappy there it wont help consistency. I think 1 year is a good idea, will encourage him to be consistent and we can dump him if hes not.

Achilles

Back to Belmore
Reaction score
So will he be available for round 1. What about his 8 week suspension.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Not sure why ppl dont rate him. When he's on his stats are as good as tedesco or ponga. Last match of his I watched he got like 2 tries, 3 try assists, lb assists etc. He can be inconsistent but so it St George.

Maybe a club change will help there, if hes unhappy there it wont help consistency. I think 1 year is a good idea, will encourage him to be consistent and we can dump him if hes not.
I rate him attack but like most his lack of defence and reading the game is a massive problem.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

His defence is a cause for concern mate. It's all good to score but defensively he's very very suspect.

MichaelM

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So now we have a pack of forwards with enough muscle to make an extra 20m a set with the ball and reduce the oppositions go forward by at least 10m!!
Added to that we have Burton than can kick the ball an extra 20m and provide us with genuine last play options!!

Besides the obvious benefits, it will also see us starting to get 50 50 ball because these numbers will reduce penalties and set restarts against us.

Great news for our backs and edge forwards who will finally have some space to play football.

Sure a hooker will be cream on top, however we are making it much easier for all of our spine players when we can lay the above foundations.