Coaches/Officials

Peter Moore
Warren Ryan
Steve Folkes
Ted Glossop

Bulldog Wrestler

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Not on Bulldog Rushmore, but I always think Kevin Ryan made an often over-looked contribution. He injected some of the winning culture from the St George golden-era, into the Canterbury DNA. This partially helped trigger the build in the late 60s, continued through the 70s, that payed off big-time in the 80s.

For the actual Bulldog Rushmore, I'd have to go with Turvey & Baa, Bullfrog... the final spot gets really tricky. Pioneers like Eddie Burns need consideration for the early success of the club. Then names like Ted Glossop, Warren Ryan, Les Johns, Folkes, Peponis, El Masri and a number of others are worth consideration.

Turvey Chip and Chase

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why 4? Just make a giant mural of all the champs because list will go on and on...
I know, but the whole point was a Mount Rushmore scenario meaning only 4. Im sure other posts can b done for our 10 greatest or 20 greatest etc…
This makes it hard, but for this scenario, it can only be 4

Turvey Chip and Chase

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just reckon it’d make such a great banner once crowds are back, especially in 2022.

No other club could pull it off as well considering yiur just changing RUSHmore for BELmore.

perfect

UmoGus

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I wouldn't mind making a banner for next season. Now that I don't work weekends I'll probably be getting a membership for the first time

jasonsmith11

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
baa baa - turvy - mick the prick ennis , its all good to talk about talent but attitude is crucial took us from last to second on ladder,- and SBW in his day quite simply the most destructive player in history everytime he touched the ball or made a tackle something happened

From the area

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Been thinking, I’m no sign maker, but with all the creative signs you do see, I’d love someone to make a “MOUNT BELMORE” sign based on the famous Mount Rushmore monument.

that said, who’d be your 4?

3 for mine are an absolute given
Steve Mortimer
Terry Lamb
Peter Bullfrog Moore (sorry Nasheed)

that 4th I’m not sure….

Phil Gould? He has only so far won 1 comp for us.
El Masri? Highest point scorer. Punched above his weight.
Tes Glossip? The coach of the entertainers era.
Josh Jackson? Because he’s our current captain
Les Johns? A player of real quality probably the closest to Turvey and Lamb.

for me, probably Warren Wok Ryan. He’s our only coach to win multiple comps and coached 3 Grand Finals in a row in our most successful period to date.

who’d be on yours?
Andrew Ryan

enoughsaid

Kennel Tips Winner '04
Reaction score
For real I can’t believe Kyle Flanagan has a mural somewhere for us
Jobels in Belmore
they Took Graham down and put a 4 player mural up

i'll take a pic when i walk down there later