Official Bulldogs sign Tevita Pangai Junior for next three seasons

The Innovator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
broncos also let go of Reece Walsh, Sam walker, Fifita, ponga,Munster, Lindsay collins, jai arrow, Corey Allan, tino, su’a,coates, I wouldn’t say they’re the best judge of talent
Difference is, those players all showed promise. Pangai has only shown he can be a loose cannon, he’s ill disciplined and showed only glimpses of what he’s capable of.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Difference is, those players all showed promise. Pangai has only shown he can be a loose cannon, he’s ill disciplined and showed only glimpses of what he’s capable of.
Were only paying him 600 on the cap

Menteek

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
but don’t forget when CWH did what he did, he went on the play fkn amazing this season. It is true about the environment, players are in. Let’s see, we on a massive recruitment drive since 2012 that we did

amapusae

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He was a beast under Wayne bennet but since then the organisation hasn’t treated him well. No one would do a good job at work when they don’t like their boss. He is unquestionably a freak of nature and I trust Gus to have him in line. And if that happens it will be scary what he can become

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
No doubt he can be a loose cannon and a suspension risk but he's also shown a tonne of promise in his career and had been much more consistent this season, especially defensively and in terms of effort.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Seriously Tevita Pangai must be the luckiest player in the NRL. THERE IS NO WAY HE IS WORTH THE ONE MILLION DOLLARS he’s going to be payed next year. That is just ridiculous. I could count on one hand the number of great matches he’s played in the past 3 years. The most overrated player in the comp. Why do you reckon Brisbane were so keen to see the back of him ?
Unless Gould can work his so called magic, he will be a dud buy. Is anyone happy that the Bulldogs are paying him 2.25M over 3 years ? He is worth no more than 450-500K. He is a poor mans David Fifita.
I'm not 100 percent sold on TPJ.....he obviously has talent, if he comes over with the right attitude, he could be great....but it's definitely a signing that could go either way.

But mate, if you believe the figures being quoted are accurate, can I sell you a bridge? Brisbane will be paying freight and salaries are almost always exaggerated in media reports.

At the end of the day, I think if Gus thought we were buying a lemon, he'd have advised us to pull the pin. I'm happy to defer to his judgment. Along with Bellamy and Adam Elliott, he is the most astute mind in the game. Two of those people are at our club. Do the math.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
It is absolutely a dice roll, but probably less of one than some would make out. You have to take media reported contract figures with a grain of salt, but even then 2.2 over 3 is probably just at the upper end of what many would feel is reasonable. My suspicion is that it is a bit less than that. Since Khoury/Barrett got together there has been a strong message that all players coming here need to be here because they want to be, and the clearest indication of that is that they don't sign for overs.

oldpuppy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What would happen if TPJ got a serious injury playing for the panthers.
I understand if he hurt himself representing his country it was a risk for the better of the game. And there's dispensation that helps a little. This move would have no value to us nor is it helping a struggling side trying to get into the finals. Penrith are set.

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm not 100 percent sold on TPJ.....he obviously has talent, if he comes over with the right attitude, he could be great....but it's definitely a signing that could go either way.

But mate, if you believe the figures being quoted are accurate, can I sell you a bridge? Brisbane will be paying freight and salaries are almost always exaggerated in media reports.

At the end of the day, I think if Gus thought we were buying a lemon, he'd have advised us to pull the pin. I'm happy to defer to his judgment. Along with Bellamy and Adam Elliott, he is the most astute mind in the game. Two of those people are at our club. Do the math.
I think it is impossible to be 100% sold on anyone, its all a risk just like taking a player out of the Melbourne system will they play as well somewhere else. Combinations and team structures are all part of the package for how a player performs at a club. They can push a player to overachieve or the opposite.

In the end need to weigh up the risk/rewards and think with your head not your heart, and implement any possible risk mitigation.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
What would happen if TPJ got a serious injury playing for the panthers.
I understand if he hurt himself representing his country it was a risk for the better of the game. And there's dispensation that helps a little. This move would have no value to us nor is it helping a struggling side trying to get into the finals. Penrith are set.
Who cares he’s not signed to us for 2021, he’s at the broncos

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Jackson Hastings

LOL at tigers for proposing Brooks and Mbye for Wighton and Hodgson. Glad whoever's doing their recruitment isn't with us
Wait wtf when did this happen? :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Jackson Hastings

LOL at tigers for proposing Brooks and Mbye for Wighton and Hodgson. Glad whoever's doing their recruitment isn't with us
Hooper said he didn't know the exact players but it was something around those lines.