Official Bulldogs sign Tevita Pangai Junior for next three seasons

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Stats this year show TPJ with 45 offloads....the most in the NRL.....closest was around 30 by memory. So we know he's a damaging runner, and has a magic offload so would be invaluable to us next year with the cracking backline we are assembling. Put it this way, if we can't snare a top line hooker then TPJ's value to us is even higher.....how else will our breaks be made?

Pavdogg82

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Stats this year show TPJ with 45 offloads....the most in the NRL.....closest was around 30 by memory. So we know he's a damaging runner, and has a magic offload so would be invaluable to us next year with the cracking backline we are assembling. Put it this way, if we can't snare a top line hooker then TPJ's value to us is even higher.....how else will our breaks be made?
Don't get me wrong, I want TPJ here for his damaging edge running but it doesn't really matter if he offloads for the dogs. Our team isn't coached to run up in support. Any time we get an offload away it goes to a flat footed forward or our hooker drops it because they are not ready. Our quick men (Meaney, Avo etc) are never trailing through ready for the break. It's one of the most frustrating thing about this squad.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Don't get me wrong, I want TPJ here for his damaging edge running but it doesn't really matter if he offloads for the dogs. Our team isn't coached to run up in support. Any time we get an offload away it goes to a flat footed forward or our hooker drops it because they are not ready. Our quick men (Meaney, Avo etc) are never trailing through ready for the break. It's one of the most frustrating thing about this squad.
No doubt a lack of offloads and players pushing up in support has been an issue for years. But you'd think with Fox, Dufty, Naden and Burton that we'd see more support play as that is a huge part of those players games.

turveys asthma puffer

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Still remember thommos nrl debut thommo had a crack and pangai got it over him pretty good would be sweet to see them together along with hetherington and Vaughan
Got it over him? The way i remember it they had a nice running battle in that game and Pangai was man of the match.

astroboy

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
No doubt a lack of offloads and players pushing up in support has been an issue for years. But you'd think with Fox, Dufty, Naden and Burton that we'd see more support play as that is a huge part of those players games.
Dufty is able to lurk around for offloads and he can create tries using his speed.

If Burton can kick early the Fox can score off them and he is the best finishers in the game as well, he is probably the fastest player in the game.

Naden showed a lot of promise with limited opportunities.

There is a huge upgrade for next year which I am excited about.

Dufty in Meaney out
Josh Addo Carr in Katoa out
Naden in Hopoate out

Burton in

If we can get TPJ and Vaughan. I think definitely Top 8 is possible!

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Another player who does good footy playing is Liam Knight
Could he be good in a Canterbury Bankstown Bulldogs jersey?
I have seen him on the tv and he definitely does good footy playing
One of the best footy players, especially when hes on the tv.
Dufty is able to lurk around for offloads and he can create tries using his speed.

If Burton can kick early the Fox can score off them and he is the best finishers in the game as well, he is probably the fastest player in the game.

Naden showed a lot of promise with limited opportunities.

There is a huge upgrade for next year which I am excited about.

Dufty in Meaney out
Josh Addo Carr in Katoa out
Naden in Hopoate out

Burton in

If we can get TPJ and Vaughan. I think definitely Top 8 is possible!
Agree. All upgrades

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Self fulfilling prophecy, if no players off load then where is the encouragement for others to be in ready for an off load that never comes. A known offloader attracts support players to them.

Always a Bulldog

Diatribe 2000

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Do you guys know any footy players who could do good footy playing for Canterbury Dogs?

Let me know because I could get my friend to write their friend a letter saying that we like them

Typical dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do you guys know any footy players who could do good footy playing for Canterbury Dogs?

Let me know because I could get my friend to write their friend a letter saying that we like them
Just get your friend to write to the actual player rather than their friend. It's proven to be 90% more effective.

Diatribe 2000

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Just get your friend to write to the actual player rather than their friend. It's proven to be 90% more effective.
I’m scared! That’s pretty out there
I feel a bit giddy when I think about that
Maybe put a bit of perfume on the paper ?
We could give him the letter on the bus!
But what if he likes my other friend’s team and we don’t know?!
Sooooo embarrassing
Thanks for the chat guys I feel so much better about it