OKUNBOR

Disposable Hero

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
11 games of his career ago. Remember he missed most of 2020 due to the "scandal" & then he did his ACL to be fair.
11 games or 50 games. Nothing has changed. He will still make stupid errors and drop balls.

For Okonburs sake I hope he proves me wrong.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
The ACL injury came at the worst time for him because I thought he really looked good once he came back from suspension. It would have been great to see if he continued that this year. Hopefully the injury hasn’t set him back too much because he has intangibles of a modern day winger. I’d definitely keep him on a low contract for next year.

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I actually don’t know why he doesn’t have more support on the kennel. To all the numb nuts on here, we’ve actually missed this guy ALOT this year. He would actually carve up in a good side like Penrith, Roosters or Storm!
Hes a good winger big powerful and is improving pretty quick

Disposable Hero

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I actually don’t know why he doesn’t have more support on the kennel. To all the numb nuts on here, we’ve actually missed this guy ALOT this year. He would actually carve up in a good side like Penrith, Roosters or Storm!
I think its becsuse weve been burned by fuckers with Afros before.

ddt192

The Blue N White Butcher Stripe
Reaction score
He’ll be starting at some point next year. He’s the player I’ve been waiting for to rehab. He has some class about him. His hands were much better he just needs to concentrate on his defence. Last year he actually brought something into the side when he returned. Plus he’s one of ours.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Where does he fit in next season with JAC, Naden, Cotric and Schoupp?
Depends what happens with our fullback and hooker situation... I'd happily have Okunbur as 14 if we had a quality 80min hooker

BELMORE

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yeah I don’t get it either. He brings exactly what we’ve been missing: power, good kick returns, ability to break the line anywhere on the field. We’ve been fielding Kerrod Holland type players for years. Any winger in this team is going to let in a few tries, and he gets slammed for it. His first handful of games he was shaky under the high ball, but then his next bunch he made very few errors... he just got stuck with the “can’t defend can’t catch” tag

dogzofwar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great response. Why would you make his hairstyle an issue?
You’re an idiot it’s not an issue just replying to a comment about his hair you see me making a thread on it just said yea it’s pretty terrible hair cut you don’t see the relevance in the comment just shut your hole and keep scrolling mate no one is asking you for an opinion you don’t have to reply on it no one is asking you

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He has less then 30 fg games in wooden spoon quality team. Give the guy a break.
I agree - why isn't the club developing him & helping him with his defensives reads / techniques?

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
You’re an idiot it’s not an issue just replying to a comment about his hair you see me making a thread on it just said yea it’s pretty terrible hair cut you don’t see the relevance in the comment just shut your hole and keep scrolling mate no one is asking you for an opinion you don’t have to reply on it no one is asking you
Mate, incase you didn't notice, this is a forum. A place where people discuss bulldogs related topics. So generally entails commenting on eachothers comments. No need to take it personally.

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Apparently is ready to play. Hopefully he's picked on the wing! He Carved up the rabbitohs last year. Hoping for a repeat this week

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Start him over Allan, I can't take another week of seeing that slug on the wing.
1. Meaney
2. Okunbor
3. Schoupp
4. Hoppa
5. Manu
But I guarantee baz picks Allen over manu

ddt192

The Blue N White Butcher Stripe
Reaction score
I hope Baz starts him this week!!!

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
1. Meaney
2. Okunbor
3. Schoupp
4. Hoppa
5. Manu
But I guarantee baz picks Allen over manu
Probably. Just checked who we're playing this week, don't think it matters who plays now :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I hope he catches a break and remains injury free for a while, and stays on the paddock full time. He is the sort of body that when he finally understands how damaging he can be , could turn into a real weapon.

I remember Paul Sironen early in his career played like he didn't realize just how big a unit he was, then suddenly it clicked for him and he was a monster.