Tonight could make or break Kyle Flanagan

Dogmonster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Hope his daddy is commentating game, love to hear real reason from him kylie isn't going to play today.

Reactions: GDR

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
The kid is just too fragile for first grade... Not to mention his attributes are rather poor for a half.. can't kick, can't run..
Newcastle

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Kyle Flanagan’s shot at redemption against his former club the Roosters has been quashed with the playmaker once again relegated to the reserves.

In a shock late change by coach Trent Barrett ahead of the last-placed Dogs clash with the 6th-placed Roosters, back-up half Lachlan Lewis has been promoted to the run-on side.

Despite originally being named at five-eighth, Flanagan will now watch the match from the grandstand.

Lewis will partner Jake Averillo in the halves for the Dogs.

ricko_29

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's a shame, the sick part of me wanted to see the absolute rubbish he was going to produce against the team the 'screwed' him so badly, judging by his game he needs another 2-3 years in reserves minimum, a kid with any lick of talent can't train with one of the best in Cooper Cronk for however long he did and STILLLLLL have nothing to show for it, experiment failed, start again.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Not a fan of his performances since round 1, but if there’s any game he will get up for it’s the Rooters. He needs to put in a good performance tonight, they’ve got a severely depleted team so it’s an opportunity.

if he just brings the same old mediocrity he’s fallen into the last few months (which I kind of expect), then he’s gonna rot in NSW cup the rest of his bulldogs career surely. He needs to kick on if he’s gonna partner burton next year with Avo fullback (which looks the most likely scenario right now)
not likely now

amapusae

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This thread became irrelevant very quickly

ddt192

The Blue N White Butcher Stripe
Reaction score
After the double tip on last week he needed to be dropped. Fuckin pathetic.

Reactions: DDR

BG73

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Besides Flanagan being in appalling form, I’d say it’s a smart move by Baz. The Roosters players would have been all over him, verbally as well as shutting him down, and we know the kid is fragile and unlikely to handle it. Not playing him removed that risk. We can see the same shit at half with the Prince now, only he won’t become a side show

Flanagun

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I know Flano has a lot of flaws in his game but Barrett’s treatment of him would be devastating to any player’s confidence. The way Barrett has treated Kyle is nothing short of disgraceful

Weak Gutted Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know Flano has a lot of flaws in his game but Barrett’s treatment of him would be devastating to any player’s confidence. The way Barrett has treated Kyle is nothing short of disgraceful
I totally agree.
Just crushing this kid.
He has been no worse than many others. Eg sione kotoa or Napa or hoppa who are picked every week.
I don’t get the negativity toward Flanagan.
We should want him to succeed