Rumour Dufty has signed

EzyB

Banned
Reaction score
By saying that you're proving my point of accepting mediocrity
It’s not mediocre the whole point of the game is to score more points than the other team,
with Duffty we have more of a chance to win.
You telling me dragons have never won games on the back of Duffty?

UmoGus

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It’s not mediocre the whole point of the game is to score more points than the other team,
with Duffty we have more of a chance to win.
You telling me dragons have never won games on the back of Duffty?
Maybe 1 or 2 every year.

Yes you need to score more points to win, but do you sign him now for 3 years or do you wait a year and have a shot at someone 10 times better?

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I was one of the people happy with the Allan signing. He's been exposed behind our shit pack. Imagine Dufty behind a pack that makes never dominates and a team that can't defend
The Allan signing was a panic signing. We expected Burton to be here, Baz wanted Jake to play fullback, etc. Nothing went to plan so we picked up Allan when he became available to fill a hole in the roster.

Allan imo does not suit the system Baz wants to play. Allan is good at making the extra number sweeping around the back and throwing the final ball to the winger/centre, yet Baz had him playing up in the line down short sides or occasionally 2nd receiver to Flanagan further in field. He didn't play him to his strengths and he looked fucking useless.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Yes Barrett's coaching is a problem atm. But in a team that leaks the most points in the comp, having one of the worst defensive fullbacks is not going to help
Don't know if Duffy is the right signing or not, but we put one of the best defensive fullbacks in there will it change our fortunes? Who's to say we'd score any points? Maybe he'd save us some but we still need to score.

Don't know. Think it's about the balance and looking for upgrades. He's clearly an upgrade based on the attacking side if things. Defensively we can't be much worse than we have been, can we?

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Well I wasn’t lol, but after the SJ rumours.. I have learnt my lesson Wendy :tonguewink:
Yeah I know. Feel the same way. We're in quicksand and we can't get out of it..the hole seems to get bigger lol

EzyB

Banned
Reaction score
Maybe 1 or 2 every year.

Yes you need to score more points to win, but do you sign him now for 3 years or do you wait a year and have a shot at someone 10 times better?
Get him now and for next year, if he’s shit no need to resign him after that, I think his a good gamble.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I understand where your coming from Wife’s a dragon. [emoji23] Supporter. I watch all their games and he’s hit and miss at times. He has been one their best “for most” of this year though. He knows he’s got plenty to work on, if he ends up bad he’ll be a decent back up.
Unlucky. I just don't rate him in the least. He's like 26 now? Still has the exact same issues he had years ago as a teenager and only developed more bad habits. We need to be recruiting players that solve issues within the squad and Dufty is simply not that guy.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
A bit off topic but why did the Roosters let go of Rod Silva?

UmoGus

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Don't know if Duffy is the right signing or not, but we put one of the best defensive fullbacks in there will it change our fortunes? Who's to say we'd score any points? Maybe he'd save us some but we still need to score.

Don't know. Think it's about the balance and looking for upgrades. He's clearly an upgrade based on the attacking side if things. Defensively we can't be much worse than we have been, can we?
We need a fullback that can do both and I'd much rather wait a year for the right person then make another shit signing

kmr07

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No it won’t people are just speculating.
With the right signings next year will be better.
Disagree. I’ve seen him play enough to realize his defence is shit. Someone posted an article before showing the reasons and stats why the dragons don’t want him. Have a read and you’ll see where I’m coming from

UmoGus

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Get him now and for next year, if he’s shit no need to resign him after that, I think his a good gamble.
I doubt any young player would take a 1 year contract these days. He would be looking at a 3 year plus contract