Official Round 17 Bulldogs V Roosters - Team Lists and Discussion Thread

EzyB

Banned
Reaction score
What I want is a decent game.

Now folks we had your lot and my mob coming off fcuken massive losses. I'm hoping that both teams are that embarrassed which they both bloody well should be that they have a crack.

I want the old days man when we had a real good contest between us then hammered each other in friendly arguments.

Remember as a kid in Hashfield riding to Belmore to watch the doggies, loved their style of play when they were the entertainers. Always found doggie supporters cool even with a chooks jumper.....unlike them scummy Souffs suppoters.

So hoping for a decent crack by both this weekend.

Cheers Lads.
You know if you don’t beat us by 30 it’s embarrassing to you.

Snake

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dogs will win this one. It’s a roosters reserve grade team. Dogs coming of most embarrassing loss I’ve ever witnessed. I’m predicting a momentary fight back. We will out enthuse the roosters and win a scrapy game by 10 points

HD and Ink

Kennel Established
Reaction score
You know if you don’t beat us by 30 it’s embarrassing to you.
Man we're a wet tissue atm, you seen the soft points we let in ?

I don't give a toss about the score I just want the old days when we used to go at each other. I don't even know if our blokes will turn up.

EzyB

Banned
Reaction score
Man we're a wet tissue atm, you seen the soft points we let in ?

I don't give a toss about the score I just want the old days when we used to go at each other. I don't even know if our blokes will turn up.
The old days are gone, and this great sport is dying.

EzyB

Banned
Reaction score
Dogs will win this one. It’s a roosters reserve grade team. Dogs coming of most embarrassing loss I’ve ever witnessed. I’m predicting a momentary fight back. We will out enthuse the roosters and win a scrapy game by 10 points
Hope you’re right we need to start winning games.

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Why isn’t our kick returns on the last play getting addressed, it’s like every set whoever we play after last tackle kick the other team is on the halfway mark by the 2nd tackle already or even sometimes on 1st .
Is there anyone else in the team that has a big boot that can kick away deep it’s so bloody frustrating to watch this gives no pressure to the other team , so like more painful then letting in points man . Just kills any momentum we might gain during games .
Because avo cant kick accurately/consistently. Flano kicks SAF. Lewis has a massive boot but he only has 2 kicks, across field on the last for our soft midget wingers and boot the fuck out of it, where it lands no-one knows.
Avo's kicking has gotten better but compared to what youd expect from a first grade half, not even close. He does gain good metres kicking for touch off penalties but it never leads to tries when we have good field position so whatever.
I reckon they dont try and kick deep or grubber because they know they are inconsistent and don't want to risk a 7 tackle restart.
Never will they grubber early in the tackle count even after repeating the same shit expecting a different result.
Avo has tried to kick into the ingoal a few times this year but he seems to overshoot mostly.
I dont understand how first grade spine players cant kick grubbers. Its not rocket science, its physics. Admittedly dynamic because every play will be varied. You dont have to be fully sick, its learnt through rote learning.
Full time footy players that cant kick a football does my head in. Blokes like Joey Johns portraying that kicking well is some sort of God given gift is a myth.
Getting payed gazillions of dollars, stay after training and learn how to kick a fuckin football.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Because avo cant kick accurately/consistently. Flano kicks SAF. Lewis has a massive boot but he only has 2 kicks, across field on the last for our soft midget wingers and boot the fuck out of it, where it lands no-one knows.
Avo's kicking has gotten better but compared to what youd expect from a first grade half, not even close. He does gain good metres kicking for touch off penalties but it never leads to tries when we have good field position so whatever.
I reckon they dont try and kick deep or grubber because they know they are inconsistent and don't want to risk a 7 tackle restart.
Never will they grubber early in the tackle count even after repeating the same shit expecting a different result.
Avo has tried to kick into the ingoal a few times this year but he seems to overshoot mostly.
I dont understand how first grade spine players cant kick grubbers. Its not rocket science, its physics. Admittedly dynamic because every play will be varied. You dont have to be fully sick, its learnt through rote learning.
Full time footy players that cant kick a football does my head in. Blokes like Joey Johns portraying that kicking well is some sort of God given gift is a myth.
Getting payed gazillions of dollars, stay after training and learn how to kick a fuckin football.
Averillo is 7th for forced dropouts in the league, so that part isn't as bad as you made it sound when compared to other players.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Dogs will win tonight
I remember over the years I used to get a really strong feeling we would win certain games and I’d load up at the TAB..particularly if it were an upset. … the last 3 or so years I’ve lost that feeling. Happy that some others like yourself seem to still have.. gotta keep the faith right…

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I remember over the years I used to get a really strong feeling we would win certain games and I’d load up at the TAB..particularly if it were an upset. … the last 3 or so years I’ve lost that feeling. Happy that some others like yourself seem to still have.. gotta keep the faith right…
I remember a game I think it was in 2007 I might be wrong, but it was a Friday night game against Manly at Brookvale. We were massive underdogs. You didn’t hear anything from the dogs camp all week. No player was saying anything. Then like a couple of hours before kick off all this money started coming in for the dogs and we absolutely gave manly a dose of the “dogs of war” and won 13+. I remember they interviewed Luke Pattern after the match and he was giving it to all the media saying something along the lines “everyone was writing us off, this just makes us stronger, backs to the wall, we knew we where going to win, siege mentality stuff” or he said something like that I can’t remember. But I remember thinking to myself, yep this is us, this is what we do when everyone writes us off. Miss those days.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I remember a game I think it was in 2007 I might be wrong, but it was a Friday night game against Manly at Brookvale. We were massive underdogs. You didn’t hear anything from the dogs camp all week. No player was saying anything. Then like a couple of hours before kick off all this money started coming in for the dogs and we absolutely gave manly a dose of the “dogs of war” and won 13+. I remember they interviewed Luke Pattern after the match and he was giving it to all the media saying something along the lines “everyone was writing us off, this just makes us stronger, backs to the wall, we knew we where going to win, siege mentality stuff” or he said something like that I can’t remember. But I remember thinking to myself, yep this is us, this is what we do when everyone writes us off. Miss those days.
Me too… regardless of our position on the table I genuinely thought we could beat anyone on our day and the players went out with that mentality too. I hope the boys show something today. It’s a wet weather game may be played tight and we need to roll up our sleeves and play tough.

Mozzie

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I can’t see Lewis replacing Flanagan at the 11th hour

If there’s ever a game when he will play half decent it would be this one
Yeah I think if Flanagan is going to have a half decent game it will be this one. I think Lewis should be in for Hoppa. Better defence and no slower. And he can kick us out of our 20m when our pussy forwards get us nowhere

LoneWolf

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
i have always believed that the only position Topine could excel in is at 9, To small to star in any other position, I know that many wont agree and want B Smith signed. B Smith is 25 years old and Topine is not yet 20, and how good was B Smith at 9 when he was 20 years old.
Topine is very energetic, a trait which a 9 needs, he obviously loves the club should be at lest given a chance for a few years.
In saying that he should be playing at 9 in the CC.
Have you not seen him play 9?

We bag JMK cause his passing and lack of vision yet You’re blowing loads over a player that’s been worse in that position . His ball service is appalling , he’s small and too lightweight to have any impact atm

He needs 2 solid off seasons to bulk up and then he might be impactful