News The NRL is officially broken and everyone knows why

KLil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Nasheed here,
I think speeding up the game was a good thing. Remember how boring games were? Please don’t forget this when discussing the topic. 5 years ago we were saying boring structured play is killing the game.

Now it seems evident that it’s gone too far the other way.
There was 3 rule changes
I think the scrum elimination makes sense and is logical. Scrums don’t make sense in League. They do in Union but not League.
Keep this rule.

Then that leads to ruck infringement six agains and offside six agains.
Now i think in my opinion this is where it comes undone a bit Uleh.
I see it as we can have one but not two.
Offside set restarts do make sense to me. And I think they are speeding the game up but having less of a dramatic impact as ruck infringements.
So that leaves the ruck infringement to be the rollback for me.
Fans want to know what went wrong.
So if we keep the lesser 2 and get rid of this one, it’ll slow down by fifty percent and teams will eventually adapt their rosters
Roster adaption to sudden rule changes has been the biggest reason for this. It should have been given at least a year in advance.
Shut up, games shit, watching ****** fatigue to the point where they cant make the ten and throw lazy arm grabbing tackles is disgusting. Watching refs give away penalties for fcuk knows what when they feel like it is disgusting!

Letting betting companies sponsor and work with broadcasting ruined the game though one step further in ruining it was letting a bloke who literally works around a sport that survives on gambling killed it more than anything.

The simple solution to speeding up the game was sin binning wankers for repeat offending for slowing the game down.... Teams will stop pushing the letter of they are constantly down in numbers.

Philmus

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Found this online
Petition against VLANDYS
Sign and share it
Let your voices be heard
Mate this has been posted on every thread i've read this morning. Take it easy, we get it, theres a petition

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Definitely not the same game anymore. Turning into touch footy , but with slightly more contact, rules are ridiculous blah blah blah, we are all just going to basically say similar shit as we know it’s turned to shit..!!!

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
A brain dead imbecile can see that the bunker should be a panel of 3 and that panel of 3 is in place for the entire weekend of football. I don't want a commentary from the fuckwits i want to look at 3 lights and see what majority decision comes up & the ***** arent allowed to confer but each make their own separate independent decision & the decision has to be within 20 seconds of the the referal by the ref. Any inconsistencies will at least be uniform across the league over the course of a single round.
Been saying similar to this for years.

My plan would be for 5 rather than 3.

It would be cheaper to run and also eliminate so many howlers.

If the individual Bunker referees were separated with no communication between them each press green or red.

majority wins.

A wider review of decisions could be made post match. Isolating individual bunker referees making poor decisions. Thus loosing their job without it effecting the result of games.

I also believe these bunker referees shouldn’t be watching the game live. They should only get vision when they are called on to make a decision. So they are less influenced in their decision making by what is happening in the game.

EzyB

Banned
Reaction score
On the Sunday foot show, what ever that chicks name Lara and Jones said that Melbourne and Penrith have adapted to the new rules why can’t the rest of the competition do the same.
So change the rules to suit 2 teams that are leading the comp but forget about the other 14 teams that makes sense.

MichaelM

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The only ones happy about these rule changes would be the Rugby Union fraternity - a game where the rules make the game fun to play and shit to watch.

Now it is a race to the bottom - we have taken a fantastic and superior product and tinkered with it to the point it has lost many of its defining attributes such as intensity.

Kenya

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agree but how to make it better, he is not going to admit any fault. My thoughts are maken 6 agains only apply in attacking 20 and to bringnback scrums. That would make things a lot better without Vlandys completly loosing face.
Unfortunately V’landys and ‘ego aside’ can’t fit in the same sentence.

Never thought the day could come when I’m becoming bored by Nrl - what’s entertaining about blow out score lines and massive injury tolls?

The intensity is gone - it’s uni dimensional sweeping backline moves and kicks. That’s all that happens now.

The most exciting thing is ‘who has the ref sent off now?’ It’s a mess.

Last edited:

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Pfffffffftttttttttt WTF would Welch know, he's only a footballer. V'landys clearly knows better than everyone else and it's a simple case of roster management.
Plus Welch is playing on easy street with Storm lol. How would he know about the grind/pressure :grinning:

Geez imagine how the bottom 10 battler club players feel.

"Christian Welch provided an insight into why the increased speed is causing more blowouts, revealing he’s no fan of how the rule changes have transformed the game.

“It’s just so hard to stay in games mate, you just can’t stop the momentum you are that cooked. Teams just go end to end,” he tweeted on Sunday.

“It’s just a different game now mate. There’s just no more tension/pressure/field position. The grind has been completely eliminated which I reckon sucks.

“Bit depressing isn’t it … grind/pressure/field position battle have all evaporated.”

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
On the Sunday foot show, what ever that chicks name Lara and Jones said that Melbourne and Penrith have adapted to the new rules why can’t the rest of the competition do the same.
So change the rules to suit 2 teams that are leading the comp but forget about the other 14 teams that makes sense.
I don't think they "adapted" as such, more the rules changes directly suited the teams they had already assembled. That's the stupid thing about these rule changes they bring in. Teams and clubs will buy certain players that will best suit the game, this can take 5 years to do. Then the boss's change the rules and the players you bought are all of a sudden extinct. Like a big bopper for example. The boss's do this with no notice and then whole teams are fuked! There's no need to keep changing the rules, there was very little wrong with the product from a 100years ago that got us to here. Now they've shite on everyone in RL history by changing the fabric. Some c%nt from racing and his betting mates.

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
I haven’t gone to a Dogs game since we played the Titans at Belmore and got flogged. I’ve been to about 5 Newtown games since then. Always a Bulldog but it’s a slog

Philmus

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I haven’t gone to a Dogs game since we played the Titans at Belmore and got flogged. I’ve been to about 5 Newtown games since then. Always a Bulldog but it’s a slog
How goods a blue bags game at Henson on a Saturday arvo with a tinnie and a sausage sandwich. ANZ just doesnt compare

Doggystyle99

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Although I don’t like set restarts period, what are your thoughts on gaining an extra tackle as opposed to a whole god damn set? (Assuming vlandys ego is too big and him not wanting to remove them completely)

OldDogFan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
While they're at it, how about penalising shit PTBs and moving off the mark (like it states in the rulebook) instead of calling the ball back and asking the original player to replay the ball correctly. FMD these are grown men playing first grade not fvcking under 8's.

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
How goods a blue bags game at Henson on a Saturday arvo with a tinnie and a sausage sandwich. ANZ just doesnt compare
Yep Henson Park hotel for one or two bring your dog if ya want $10 to get in sit up on the hill in the winter sunshine sausage or steak Sanga in one hand a tinnie in the other watching footy. The only thing which is good and bad it that it’s become the worst kept secret in the Inner West so it can get packed but the best part is the girls love it. Young mums catching up for a few wines whilst their kids play on the field at half time or just partners and girlfriend sitting out in the sun getting a bit loose whilst the boys talk shit and down the cans.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Nasheed here,
I think speeding up the game was a good thing. Remember how boring games were? Please don’t forget this when discussing the topic. 5 years ago we were saying boring structured play is killing the game.

Now it seems evident that it’s gone too far the other way.
There was 3 rule changes
I think the scrum elimination makes sense and is logical. Scrums don’t make sense in League. They do in Union but not League.
Keep this rule.

Then that leads to ruck infringement six agains and offside six agains.
Now i think in my opinion this is where it comes undone a bit Uleh.
I see it as we can have one but not two.
Offside set restarts do make sense to me. And I think they are speeding the game up but having less of a dramatic impact as ruck infringements.
So that leaves the ruck infringement to be the rollback for me.
Fans want to know what went wrong.
So if we keep the lesser 2 and get rid of this one, it’ll slow down by fifty percent and teams will eventually adapt their rosters
Roster adaption to sudden rule changes has been the biggest reason for this. It should have been given at least a year in advance.
Fatigue affects players in defence. They are likely to throw their arms out in desperation and have them bounce up off the ball to a player's head.
Then there are the milkers who stay down holding their necks for incidents that wouldn't bother a 72 year old like myself. Add to that the petty excuses for binning players, and it's easy to see why the big fast sides, with a glut of possession, have it all their way.

Teams like Manly, having 65% of the ball, look like world beaters, and sides like the Bunnies play all the bottom eight sides until their final game, while we get top eight sides. The draw has been designed to give the top sides an armchair ride to the finals.

But the finals will be refereed differently, like SOO; and there will be fewer penalties and repeat sets. That's when some sides will be brought back to earth with a thump, and fans will be asking, what happened?

Philmus

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep Henson Park hotel for one or two bring your dog if ya want $10 to get in sit up on the hill in the winter sunshine sausage or steak Sanga in one hand a tinnie in the other watching footy. The only thing which is good and bad it that it’s become the worst kept secret in the Inner West so it can get packed but the best part is the girls love it. Young mums catching up for a few wines whilst their kids play on the field at half time or just partners and girlfriend sitting out in the sun getting a bit loose whilst the boys talk shit and down the cans.
Belmore has a similar feel the one time we play there a year. The NRL doesnt realise or doesnt want to realise that people want to go to the footy for the steak sangas and the tinnies while their kids play around on the grass and people can sit together and chat while watching the game like you get at suburban grounds. They dont want to spend $30 a ticket to go to ANZ and get zero atmosphere because the joint is 20% full, sitting so far back from the field that the players look like ants and having to fork over $20 for a hot chips and $10 for a crap mid strength beer in a plastic cup