Official Dallin Watene-Zelezniak signs with New Zealand Warriors

hackenbush

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Bottom line have too many wingers for next year. Moving Dallin now makes sense & the hopefully the club can use the extra money strategically. However kudos to Dallin, I believe he was a good club man & gave his 100% each match.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Feels as good as a new signing atm..
A relief that (half) another out of kelter payment off the books.

The hands tied behind our backs for this club by dumb past 2 x management is loosening.

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Old board and coach signed him.wasn’t a bad buy back then but hasn’t really shown anything else.like his enthusiasm.the fox and naden will be here next year.I don’t think he figured in Barrett’s plans.
I agree in principle but what I am saying is this
we signed Allen, JAC, Naden, in the backs then shoot this bloke off and pay for 400k of his salary as a result
We're fucking shit at the moment, what does half of his supposed 800k salary get us?

Whys he on 800k? Was he backended? Why didnt we try and forward load that part of his contract prior to this year and not sign a scrub like Waddell when we have a glut of second rowers?

This is what I am saying the club needs to explain, specifically after saying under both of the recent boards that this would never happen again

Yougra

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Happy this has finally happened and DWZ is off our books. Ridiculous decision and lack of foresight by the previous board to sign him on such a large contract. Can't blame DWZ for taking what was offered

Nobody can ever question his courage and toughness and I really believe he gave 100% everytime he pulled on our jersey

Unfortunately he doesn't have the skillset that we need for a player on that type of money. Hopefully him leaving helps us use the money better to strengthen our squad

Good luck to him and hope he succeeds at the Warriors

Turvey Chip and Chase

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm sure most of you know how I feel about him... But anyways goodluck DWZ, hopefully now you finally realise you are a winger and play some of your best footy again... and remember if you think you should use a captain's challenge think better of it, unless your playing the dogs of course then go ahead lol.
Agree with 99.9% of this my friend.
He’s not in The blue and white anymore so I couldn’t give a flying’ fk if he never has another good game.
Wasted money the whole time he was here, and I’ll go on record as saying it was a shit buy when we got him. Watched him enough at Penrith to know he had rubbish hands and coordination was never going to be taught to this guy.

see ya!

bulldogsmyte

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Best of luck to him. He did try his best for us, I know he made some silly mistakes but he arrived at a difficult time where he was going to see more loses than wins.

As for his salary (whatever that is) not his fault for accepting a deal put to him, it's the fault of those in charge at the time.
He can't sustain his style of play at the top level for too long. He runs hard into faces not spaces and his body won't be able to endure the ongoing collisions. We need genuine speed, footwork and passing skills in our backline which he lacks so good luck to him at NZ.

kap123

Kennel Established
Reaction score
He has just put up a Instagram story saying something about checking in to his twitch tv to see who forged his signature!?!?

EzyB

Banned
Reaction score
Dogs likely paying half as always and screwing our cap again
Not really either way we had to pay DWZ but now we can spend more for next year.
New signings should be announced soon.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
He has just put up a Instagram story saying something about checking in to his twitch tv to see who forged his signature!?!?
Yeah, bit strange