Rumour Dufty in talks with the Bulldogs

EzyB

Banned
Reaction score
Duffty is still a fire cracker he probably doesn’t want to put in the effort after being told to fuck off.

kmr07

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Duffty is still a fire cracker he probably doesn’t want to put in the effort after being told to fuck off.
No he’s just shit. He put in effort last week didn’t he ?

kmr07

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That’s before he got told his out and the fans petition won’t matter.
Not wanting to argue, but I’m sure that Dufty was told he was not wanted before they played the Broncos.. then came out and had a good game. Problem is his good games in attack hide his deficiencies in defence which we all saw today. Last week people were going off prematurely over his attack.. he is way too inconsistent for my liking.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
the longer we wait, the more likely we wont recruit anybody as nobody will be available. For a club with so many off contract and supposedly a 'war chest' of cash to spend, they've done absolutely nothing as far as recruitment next year. If the club thinks a winger and rookie half will turn this club around and they don't need anybody else, then the on field issues are far outweighed by the issues of those running the club. I feel like Barrett is so stuck on trying to sign Brandon Smith that he's completely overlooked other players that have become available that could actually bolster our side, like Dufty, Hynes, Capewell, Pangai Jr etc. I understand not every player that becomes available will want to come to Belmore but from what i've seen its as if we aren't even in talks with anybody. Its been 6 weeks since Naden was announced and its like the club has shut up shop now, there isnt even any word of retention for some of those coming off contract within the club. I'm seriously worried we're going to panic buy rubbish players like Mitch Kenny come November when all the real talent has been snapped up or pay well overs for contracted player and be in exactly the same predicament next year with both ability and cap. If everybody on this forum can see what we need to do, why cant the club? And theres no reason to wait until November, not like we've got a season to focus on as we're destined for the spoon and will struggle to get 6 points this year - even with the bye
youll fimd after some analysis and scrutiny of our cap, we dont actually have that much to spend with.

We have room fot one marquee and one overly solid player, assuming we pay minimum for the rest.

Doggiezbrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
His game against the Broncos really hid his flaws. I never watched him closely till today. Definitely a hard pass. I cannot see us recruiting SJ and Dufty because of Averillo. I rather SJ over Dufty.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
His game against the Broncos really hid his flaws. I never watched him closely till today. Definitely a hard pass. I cannot see us recruiting SJ and Dufty because of Averillo. I rather SJ over Dufty.
He has always been like this. He can turn it on against weak opposition and absolutely destroy them, but once there's any sort of contest he does fuck all. Defensively he has always been a huge liability.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Suck shit to the reporters who were pushing his case. Asking why he was being let go like there was more to the story behind "Griffins decision to let him go". Quite simply.. he's just not up to standard as an NRL fullback.

Philmus

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Seen this on Facebook just thenView attachment 25384
Touring the facilities? I was on board with signing him until the game yesterday, he let in 4 soft tries and threw a horrible ball that hit the receiver so hard on the chest that it bounced off and over the dead ball line. After watching that yesterday, Canberra can have him. Meaney outplayed him in every aspect yesterday. If we're that desperate for another fullback, see what Nicoll Klokstad wants to do once Dufty arrives, otherwise resign Meaney, give Allan another run and decide which one gets the 1 jersey and be done with it

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He tore us a new one in the first encounter, but we only recall this game?

Regardless, I think they need to be spending their money on B Smith. If they can’t get him, SJ is a good pick up to help Burton and Averillo shifts to fullback.

If they do go for Dufty and land him, he’s a genuine fullback with speed and can create tries, is he a great defender, not really, but neither was Ben Barba. Burton and Avo in the halves should be potent.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
He tore us a new one in the first encounter, but we only recall this game?

Regardless, I think they need to be spending their money on B Smith. If they can’t get him, SJ is a good pick up to help Burton and Averillo shifts to fullback.

If they do go for Dufty and land him, he’s a genuine fullback with speed and can create tries, is he a great defender, not really, but neither was Ben Barba. Burton and Avo in the halves should be potent.
You underestimate how bad Dufty is in defence. He is garbage.