2 Wins - Both Times Meaney At Fullback

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm just saying.

In both wins - V's Sharks & Dragons, Meaney was a late change to fullback with DWZ being ruled out of the game.
He is by far & away our best option at Fullback in our current squad.
I thought he played really well yesterday and enhanced his chances of a new contract IMO.

"IF" he comes back, DWZ must go to the wing.

Last edited:

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
You're right, he played well in both of those games but the main reason we won those games was our pack played really well and JMK also made a difference yesterday.

Meaney has shown flashes at fullback over the years but he generally follows it up with a few disappointing games. Case in point against Parra the game after we beat Cronulla.

Hopefully he stays at fullback the rest of the season and hopefully he can string a few good games together.

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
We're so reactionary with this kind of stuff.

Play it out if we retain Meaney for his full career and develop him. Where does he rank?

Trbojevic
Papenhuyzen
Tedesco
Latrell
Gutherson
Ponga
Walsh/RTS
Brimson
Holmes
CNK
Edwards
Laurie
Kennedy
Dufty
Isaako
If you don't have him in that bottom 4, you're kidding yourself. Good kid, solid - but very limited.

FreshSoulL

Faith
Reaction score

Play it out if we retain Meaney for his full career and develop him. Where does he rank?

Trbojevic
Papenhuyzen
Tedesco
Latrell
Gutherson
Ponga
Walsh/RTS
Brimson
Holmes
CNK
Edwards
Laurie
Kennedy
Dufty
Isaako
If you don't have him in that bottom 4, you're kidding yourself. Good kid, solid - but very limited.
Meaney
Trbojevic
Papenhuyzen
Tedesco
Latrell
Gutherson
Ponga
Walsh/RTS
Brimson
Holmes
CNK
Edwards
Laurie
Kennedy
Dufty
Isaako

rissolerob

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
You're right, he played well in both of those games but the main reason we won those games was our pack played really well and JMK also made a difference yesterday.

Meaney has shown flashes at fullback over the years but he generally follows it up with a few disappointing games. Case in point against Parra the game after we beat Cronulla.

Hopefully he stays at fullback the rest of the season and hopefully he can string a few good games together.
So if I were a Foxtel ” commentator” ( using that term loosely) like Voss or Ginane I would say that the last time the Dogs played Parramatta after a win and Meaney played fullback the Eels won so the Dogs will lose next week Then again back in 2003 blah blah blah.

cyborg66

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Meaney defence sucks hopefully the storm can fix it!!!

hackenbush

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The Kangaroos in AFL were in similar position as the Dogs coming into this weekend. Only one win & getting flogged most matches. The Kangaroos colours are also Blue & White. They played the Giants who were expected to win easily & hopefully sneak into the Top 8. The giants colours are Orange. What colour do you get when mixing Red & White...? Omen or not, had to put some money on Dogs & now I am laughing.

RookieDog

Dogs1
Reaction score

Trbojevic
Papenhuyzen
Tedesco
Latrell
Gutherson
Ponga
Walsh/RTS
Brimson
Holmes
CNK
Edwards
Laurie
Kennedy
Dufty
Isaako
Those rankings are pretty close to the mark. But I think Gutherson down quite a few rungs. He's not as good as he thinks he is.

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Those rankings are pretty close to the mark. But I think Gutherson down quite a few rungs. He's not as good as he thinks he is.
For sure, there's a few guys could move around a bit. Ponga for instance is a Top 5 talent but is becoming a bit injury prone?

EzyB

Banned
Reaction score
Meany is the Tollman of fullbacks his reliable and does his job, but his not a match winner super star.