News Storm after Meaney

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
As I’ve stated before, hands down our best back and probably our best player of the past two seasons. The morons putting shit on him over the years know way more than the best coach the game has ever seen. Just fucken lol.

PS people wanna talk about him getting rag dolled, we’ll to me that reflects more poorly on the team than him. One of the few shining lights over the past two years. If he does go (hope he doesn’t) I hope he has a stellar career.
Yep 100% I'm pissed about this... Our club has bottled recruitment and retention for the last 5 years and it's been a fucking sad ride with no continuity and patience for youngsters to develop in their correct position... We are sitting on our hands waiting to make signings yet we are going to lose players like Meaney? I'm actually scared of what our top 30 will look like next year at this rate

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If Bellamy can teach Meaney to ball play, sidestep and create try assists like Hynes it will show he truly is a supercoach and Barrett is very average.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Good luck to Meaney but I don't think he will ever become the superstar fullback that some think he will be (happy to be proven wrong).

I think he will just be a fall over the line backup winger like Jennings, etc..

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He seems to have all the trademarks of the type of player that Bellamy typically loves to have. Might not be the player that breaks a game open with individual effort all that often. But is safe as houses in the aspects he needs to be (kick reception, good defense, fit decent finisher if he has a half chance). He seems like a team player and has slowly developed in confidence with us over the last few years. Now would be a good time for any club to pick him up. I think given that he's 23 now and has finally developed enough physically will mean he'll excel in a team where all he has to worry about is being in the right place at the right time.

I'll actually be a bit pissed off if we don't retain him. I can foresee quite a few people onhere that have been critical of him jumping over to the why the fuck didn't we improve him like Melbourne did line of thought.

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
And also in another occasion @bricktamland predicted this too so u gotta give props where they due
I have been saying this yes , thanks nasheed. He is a great player and anyone here who disagrees can just go watch him kill it at the storm. He’s safe he’s fast and re is reliable. Lacks a bit of mongrel

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ask Yourself this and answer as honestly as you can (otherwise you're just lying to yourself)

At the beginning of the season, Who did you rate higher & have a higher opinion of as a player?

A. Nick Meany
OR
B. Nicko Hynes

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Ask Yourself this and answer as honestly as you can (otherwise you're just lying to yourself)

At the beginning of the season, Who did you rate higher & have a higher opinion of as a player?

A. Nick Meany
OR
B. Nicko Hynes
B

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

A. Nick Meany
OR
B. Nicko Hynes
It doesn’t matter cause hynes won’t be there . Just look at remis smith, wasn’t a centre now easily cracks nz team for center. Jennings on the wing .. killing it. Then you have ado carr and papanhauezen both let go for not being good enough .. killing it. Meaney beats most for speed would not be surprised if he’s starting winger . Remember Bellamy buys people for the people they are then moulds them into footy players. Heard Hughes speaking on triple m to Dobbo and he said Craig tries to find players who seem like good listeners snd I couldn’t see Meaney being an arrogant flog

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It doesn’t matter cause hynes won’t be there . Just look at remis smith, wasn’t a centre now easily cracks nz team for center. Jennings on the wing .. killing it. Then you have ado carr and papanhauezen both let go for not being good enough .. killing it. Meaney beats most for speed would not be surprised if he’s starting winger . Remember Bellamy buys people for the people they are then moulds them into footy players. Heard Hughes speaking on triple m to Dobbo and he said Craig tries to find players who seem like good listeners snd I couldn’t see Meaney being an arrogant flog
And the reasons you've pointed out, are the reasons why I believe we should be keeping Nick and make him one of only few of our retention signings.

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
And the reasons you've pointed out, are the reasons why I believe we should be keeping Nick and make him one of only few of our retention signings.
I’m an advocate for him, my dad And I can’t see why everyone hates him? He tries every game . He’s a untapped resource and it is hard to shine in this team . Cotric for instance

KLil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
If Bellamy can teach Meaney to ball play, sidestep and create try assists like Hynes it will show he truly is a supercoach and Barrett is very average.
Meaney cant step... Stepping is something you naturally learn growing up and Meaney was an athletics junior so all he knows is to run straight.

KLil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
For anyone crying about Meanos... Declan Casey who came through the juniors and now with Mounties is basically the same thing signed a min wage.

Last edited: