DWZ consolidated thread

mr j

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I almost choked on my lunch when i saw that. I'd take Nofa over Dallin any day of the week.

One of my favourite replies was the 'PLEASE NO' hahahaha:tearsofjoy:. Also just quietly, The Kennel is so easier to navigate and use and is a million times more clean than the shitty tigers forum
They extended Nofa on decent coin for 3 years. Crazy stuff for a guy that’s only going to get slower. Reminds me of how we extended Hoppa. Crazy throwing big bucks to a veteran winger who isn’t super quick

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
They extended Nofa on decent coin for 3 years. Crazy stuff for a guy that’s only going to get slower. Reminds me of how we extended Hoppa. Crazy throwing big bucks to a veteran winger who isn’t super quick
Yeah but he's a player at the time they couldn't afford to lose. With the fans a decision like that puts the club between a rock and a hard place (we've had a few of those ourselves).

mr j

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Yeah but he's a player at the time they couldn't afford to lose. With the fans a decision like that puts the club between a rock and a hard place (we've had a few of those ourselves).
Decisions like that only hurt the club long term which is why Tigers will be mediocre for years to come. Clubs need to be careful not to extend players closer to their 30s. It’s what hurt us so much, keeping players that were once upon a time fan favourites doesn’t necessarily mean they will continue to be so for the duration of their next contract - Hoppa and Jackson perfect examples that should never have been extended.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
DWZ's on 550k and Hopoate's on <480k.
Where is all of our cap spent on then mate ?

I thought we sucked so bad because we were paying massive overs for DWZ, Hoppa and Jacko. If they are not on at least $800k then it doesn’t make sense how our roster is so out of shape

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He is on that money. So is Hopoate.
Bullshit! The club categorically stated years back that they would no longer negotiate back endes deals. So why do people seem to think he is on 800k? Some posters were saying this a while back, so the media probably went with it, and now its apparently fact thats the only way i see it.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
No Fucking chance hoppa is on 480k lol.

Bloke was on 800k at one stage. He hasn’t stayed with us for Fucking half.

I’d say safe to say he’s on 600k+

He’s been our best/most reliable player for years (this year he is completely past it and fucking horse shit) though he didn’t stay in a bottom team for a massive pay cut.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Bullshit! The club categorically stated years back that they would no longer negotiate back endes deals. So why do people seem to think he is on 800k? Some posters were saying this a while back, so the media probably went with it, and now its apparently fact thats the only way i see it.
i keep saying it, hes on 550.
perhaps it is backended and i have been misinformed, but it wouldnt be that much

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Where is all of our cap spent on then mate ?

I thought we sucked so bad because we were paying massive overs for DWZ, Hoppa and Jacko. If they are not on at least $800k then it doesn’t make sense how our roster is so out of shape
This is the aftermath of misjudging the salary cap in 2017/2018, we can't sign or re-sign players for what they're worth since we're a bottom 4 team (imo worst roster in the NRL and favourites for the wooden spoon). We've done well with JAC (550k) and Burton (450k, at the time we signed him a risk) but what about everyone else between 2019 and now? You just need to look at our 2021 recruits, what they're reportedly on and how they're playing.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
No Fucking chance hoppa is on 480k lol.

Bloke was on 800k at one stage. He hasn’t stayed with us for Fucking half.

I’d say safe to say he’s on 600k+

He’s been our best/most reliable player for years (this year he is completely past it and fucking horse shit) though he didn’t stay in a bottom team for a massive pay cut.
Yes correct, time has run out.!!

dogzofwar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
WHO THE FCUK SIGNED THIS BLOKE ON A 800K A YEAR CONTRACT FOR FUX SAKE!!!!

Are backended contracts still a thing? EVEN AT THE DOGS!?
No wonder he’s so happy here haha fuck me dead

mr j

Kennel Established
Reaction score
i keep saying it, hes on 550.
perhaps it is backended and i have been misinformed, but it wouldnt be that much
I know someone that’s on the current board and at the beginning of the year he had a conversation with Barrett regarding DWZ and the exact comments Barrett said to him about DWZ was “I can give you a $500k player but even I can’t turn him into an $800k player”. And I believe that to be true.

Cujo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dufty looks like a rough little rat lol. I hope we get him and the cheese just for the laughs. Imagine him sniffing around the middle of the ruck following that cheese
Yep total rodent... ratboy!

Cujo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Knights is the rumour
That could work cuz Jr. has probably done his dash up there...Any idea when pierces contract is done?
I heard they wanted to move him on, could be win win if he is shafted & we can get Flanno sent to Newcastle..just as long as pierce doesn't end up here in a swap....could u imagine the press with his history around dogs if he was to join the club?!?!?
No bueno!!!

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lol. I guess it depends on how much is actually.

I couldnt see any club paying more than $350-$400k for him. So if he is on the $800k he is rumoured to be on we will be bending over for sure
It wouldn't be worth the money or effort to let him leave under those circumstances as we could only afford an average replacement. I know it's embarrasing how much we bend over for other clubs, but I guess the Tigers have form with helping us out by taking highly paid players off our hands for a lot of money.

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep I reckon there is a fair chance he could as well. I just dont think it will be at Cronulla.

There were rumours in the off season that Parra were looking at Shane Flanagan to coach them because they were not sure Brad Arthur could take them to a premiership. If they dont win it this year then that could happen.

I dont know what to make of Kyle. He is still only young but at the moment I couldnt see many teams being interested in him.
Plus the Eels just re-signed Moses.