• Keep Avo to play next to Burton

Votes: 24 23.5%
  • Release him for Cheese

Votes: 78 76.5%

• Total voters

2ndphase

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Id rather keep Avo and wait for a year for the cheese then we have both.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Smith would be signed for 700k-800k. Averillo would be on less than 300k.

So if it's Smith or Averillo, plus Hodgson/Kenny and maybe another bench player for that 800k, then I'd rather pass.

Hopefully the club can find a way to sign Smith without giving Avo up. If Bellamy is interested, it's even more reason to hold onto him..

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Assassin are you fucken serious???? It's not even a debate......CHEESE all the way brother!!!

BlackDawg

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why would you throw away a kid who has so much upside. If the light bulb goes on with Averillo re his running game & involvement he will be very very good. Right now he is realizing what 1st grade is about, particularly his defence. I like the cheese but he is problematic down the track due to his weight & neck issues re his burrowing style at a defensive line plus his tackling style. I wouldnt be offloading gems to other clubs as a knee jerk reaction to our current woes.

The Faz

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
How about just get Hodgson until somebody becomes available.. we need direction and experience right?
Leave Avo at 7 with Burts and get Hodgson across for two years. Target Smith for 23. In 23 Smith plays 9 and Hodgo moves to bench for final year of his contract. Problem solved.

EzyB

Banned
Reaction score
Why do we even need to swap?
Give them Elliot if anything else.

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Apart from Thommo (and Burton and JAC from '22), who in our top 30 would be more valuable than Cheese?

No-one in my opinion, so pretty much give them whoever they want, apart from those 3!

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Cannot believe 71% of you will let go of our only genuine junior young gun at age 20..... You farkers didnt learn shit from the Thurston saga did you.
I understand your angle but...comparing Thurston and Avo and the same stage and age and its not even close. JT didn't drift in and out of games and even with his milk arrowroot shoulders would run to the line and get smashed over and over again. Different size tickers, I like Avo but he isn't Thurston.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I understand your angle but...comparing Thurston and Avo and the same stage and age and its not even close. JT didn't drift in and out of games and even with his milk arrowroot shoulders would run to the line and get smashed over and over again. Different size tickers, I like Avo but he isn't Thurston.
You have too look closer.... It is a completely different game, Avo hasn't found his FT position yet AND Thurston had the pleasure of moonwalking into an an unbelievable team whilst Avo at 20 is trying to carry one of the worst of all time.

Club should be doing everything to retain Avo, Topine, Doorey and Alamoti... Have to keep the club culture with the incoming winning mentalities of Burton and JAC.

If Melbourne will not take Elliot or Atoni then they can F off because they are not doing us any favours....

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Leave Avo at 7 with Burts and get Hodgson across for two years. Target Smith for 23. In 23 Smith plays 9 and Hodgo moves to bench for final year of his contract. Problem solved.
Mate would even convince Wakeham and Flanno to play in the 9 until somebody becomes available.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
You have too look closer.... It is a completely different game, Avo hasn't found his FT position yet AND Thurston had the pleasure of moonwalking into an an unbelievable team whilst Avo at 20 is trying to carry one of the worst of all time.

Club should be doing everything to retain Avo, Topine, Doorey and Alamoti... Have to keep the club culture with the incoming winning mentalities of Burton and JAC.

If Melbourne will not take Elliot or Atoni then they can off because they are not doing us any favours.
I 100% agree we should try at all costs to keep our juniors, it would be awesome to say bred not bought again. I like Avo but there is something holding him back, hopefully its just maturity. I dont think he is a 7 and at the moment he is not physically up to the 5/8 role in either attack or defence, he just seems a little shy and not willing to grab a game or the team by the balls.

I know he is 20 but how old was Fittler? Daley? or even of late Sam Walker? We should keep him at al costs as hes ours and not on big coin yet, but we absolutely need as a team and a club a player like Brandon Smith.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I 100% agree we should try at all costs to keep our juniors, it would be awesome to say bred not bought again. I like Avo but there is something holding him back, hopefully its just maturity. I dont think he is a 7 and at the moment he is not physically up to the 5/8 role in either attack or defence, he just seems a little shy and not willing to grab a game or the team by the balls.

I know he is 20 but how old was Fittler? Daley? or even of late Sam Walker? We should keep him at al costs as hes ours and not on big coin yet, but we absolutely need as a team and a club a player like Brandon Smith.
Something holding him back? You mean like being rushed into firstgrade without proper development and playing in one of the worst club sides we've seen in decades? Lol.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

You really are discounting what teams these guys played in and who Avo is playing for Baz... We are talking about teams on the completely opposite sides of the ladder, like completely.

Not disagreeing Avo is a soft little shit atm but once we get bigger and better watch this kid fly.