Social Media Brandon Smith rumoured 3 year deal

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Anyway. What's the news on Smith? He's 100% staying at Melbourne next year?

Do we move onto Clarke or has he been signed on by the Titans?

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Anyway. What's the news on Smith? He's 100% staying at Melbourne next year?

Do we move onto Clarke or has he been signed on by the Titans?
B. Smith has said he's 100% staying with Storm next year. Unless he's a straight up liar (possibility) that would rule out a player swap, etc. The Titans were after Clark and they went cold on him after seeing his asking price (reportedly). We're quite desperate. We can't jeopardise the future either looking for quick fixes (quoted by Barrett). We might have to sign someone like Mitch Kenny and go for Smith for 23 when November hits (similar to what we did with JAC).

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
B. Smith has said he's 100% staying with Storm next year. Unless he's a straight up liar (possibility) that would rule out a player swap, etc. The Titans were after Clark and they went cold on him after seeing his asking price (reportedly). We're quite desperate. We can't jeopardise the future either looking for quick fixes (quoted by Barrett). We might have to sign someone like Mitch Kenny and go for Smith for 23 when November hits (similar to what we did with JAC).
OK. So, it's CLarke or bust then?

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
OK. So, it's CLarke or bust then?
Clark or Hodgson, someone else contracted could pop up I guess. Maybe there's a young gun in reserves, not sure... maybe a stop gap like Mitch Kenny... I really don't want to be in pain again come this time next year.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Is it possible that Smith saying that is just all part of the dance?

It makes the Dogs up their offer to him, for example. And also puts Melbourne in a better position to negotiate as he may not want to screw them?

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Is it possible that Smith saying that is just all part of the dance?

It makes the Dogs up their offer to him, for example. And also puts Melbourne in a better position to negotiate as he may not want to screw them?
It's definitely a possibility but saying "100%" is pretty damning. There are a lot of other ways he could of said it without making himself a liar (maybe he just doesn't care, hopefully). I don't think there is anything you could give the Storm as a trade that they'd be happy with (he's just too good), B. Smith would need to start agitating for a release.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Only a few days ago you were telling us not to mention names and communicate only via PM’ because there’s eyes on here blah blah blah....

Well, you just betrayed your... “contact”.... someone who works for one of our sponsors, long time friends with Burton and Naden.

The first betrayal is usually the last, unless they’re fucking idiots. Maybe you’re just being played, maybe you’re the player.
Yo its ok dawg I can 100% confirm Assasins oil was Trill. I know what he knows and it matches up with what my insider told me down to a tee.
I haven’t caught up with this thread or spoken to anybody the last 2 weeks myself but if it has gone pear shaped (has it?) then it just be what it be. A player could agree to terms with one club and change he mind twice in 23 hours. JAC did it to the tigerpies yo.
He signed some head with them, ended up with us. In his heart he wanted Souths and I’m sho if they came to d party at the 11th hr he would’ve ghosted us.

by the looks of thangs Bellamy has had a change of heart and is coaching again yo, so without looking further that could bet he factor as a month ago he retired from coaching.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
It's definitely a possibility but saying "100%" is pretty damning. There are a lot of other ways he could of said it without making himself a liar (maybe he just doesn't care, hopefully). I don't think there is anything you could give the Storm as a trade that they'd be happy with (he's just too good), B. Smith would need to start agitating for a release.
Heard it all before though. Perhaps not so much in league, but in football players are always saying that. Gives them more leaverage on occassions.

We'll see though.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Money talks and bullish!t walks...he’ll come if we up the ante. Question is, do we want to pay overs for B Smith?

From my end, the reality is, we’re going to have to pay overs for 1 or 2 elite players.. these have to be reserved for spine positions (B Smith, N Hynes, Papenhuyzen).

Additional signings will be easier and cheaper thereafter... theoretically.

shannon2009

Kennel Established
Reaction score
After watching him and Hynes take that storm team to victory on Thursday night I’d be comfortable giving him 7-850k and hynes 500k. Provided they were both 3 year deals with no increases over the course.
I ran into laundy at willows hotel on Sunday and straight up asked him about the hooker situation. He said we are still talking to smith.
1.hynes
6.averillo
7.burton
9.smith
I think averillo would be a competent half next to burton.

QLDdogsfan

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Clark or Hodgson, someone else contracted could pop up I guess. Maybe there's a young gun in reserves, not sure... maybe a stop gap like Mitch Kenny... I really don't want to be in pain again come this time next year.
If we can't get Smith I think Hodgson for two years would be the go, great experience and would help our young halves and forwards. Only thing I worry about with him is his injuries the last couple of years. I Agree that Kenny could be a nice stop gap aswell that has the ability to possibly turn into a long term solution.
PS @ASSASSIN fuck the haters bro, the real kennelers know your the OG.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Look I get it, people are touchy about their faith. Especially when it’s questioned. Doubly especially when it... what’s the word I’m looking for...

... fails them.

But you know, stiff shit I guess.
Been trying to figure out what has got you so riled up, is this a clue? Are you one of those salty atheists?

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Also. Some smart players will 100% commit as leverage just to see what others come back with, it’s why the rule was changed after DCE and Tedesco legally extorted Titans and Raiders respectively a few years back.
Now it happens in verbal deals.

Also, why attack assassin? An Arab that is loved by all and moreso, has got it right 95-100% of the time, like myself, before. Why discount that?

You can attack actual legit bullshitters, and there are some here, but I have a problem with those who wait for opportunities to attack the Assasins, nasheeds of this world, waiting past hit after hit until there’s a ‘fail’ to start going ‘aha- told u so! They are bs!!!!’ Despite ignoring the variables of the game and posters track record.
It’s a form of tall poppy syndrome.
I learnt it after I leaked that dragons were looking at doorey and was attacked when we didn’t lose him, as if to suggest that that invalidated my claim that they made an enquiry. I learnt then to taper expectations when delivering news.
People think that having an insider is the best thing but it can be such a burden at times. Pressure to perform, rarely get credit but as soon as something goes wrong..... well you only have to look at Ripleys reaction to see how it be. Attacking the oil, the guys faith, his internet currency.... nothing sacred.

Last edited:

Arazern

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Wow just wow......
I work construction, the day before I get the next daily instructions. Than in the morning something comes up and the day changes. According to some on this site that entitles me to call the foreman all the names under the sun for letting me know a change of program happened?
Assassin has only tried to help and if his information happens to be wrong why is it his fault grow up people just grow up. Things change daily unless a player has their heart set on something, if they are just trying to get the longest and best pay deal going without a care what club than every day can change.