Official Round 11 Bulldogs V Titans - Team Lists and Discussion Thread

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Elliot is one step closer to getting dropped to reserve grade, hopefully Ogden comes in for him before game day. 12 players have been put on notice That they won’t be required next year. We will get very little out of most of the squad for the rest of the season. Fuck em anyway.
You think we can swap 12 players over? That would be an awesome effort in recruitment and cap management. We know of 3 we are going to get. If we got B Smith and Rudolf, that leaves merely another 7. To fit under the cap they will all be youngsters currently playing reserve grade. So next year is year 1 of our 5/7 year rebuild plan? I can hardly wait.
Care to name the 12 that have received notice?

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
You think we can swap 12 players over? That would be an awesome effort in recruitment and cap management. We know of 3 we are going to get. If we got B Smith and Rudolf, that leaves merely another 7. To fit under the cap they will all be youngsters currently playing reserve grade. So next year is year 1 of our 5/7 year rebuild plan? I can hardly wait.
Care to name the 12 that have received notice?
I don't know who the 12 are but I can take an educated fucking guess. And how much cap space do we have? Do you think taking 12 players out of that side and replacing them with reserve graders will make us worse off?? Your just the fucking type that would whinge if you where getting diamonds shoved up your arse, and BTW we are in year ten of the rebuild thanks to all that have gone before.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Just for information purposes, here is the Mounties team this week:

1. Declan Casey 2. Watson Heleta 3. Reubenn Rennie 4. Falakiko Manu 5. Jordon Remfrey 6. Rhys Davies 7. Kamren Cryer 8. Ofahiki Ogden 9. Josh Daley 10. Dean Britt 11. Jackson Topine 12. Dean Matterson 13. Ben Seufale 14. James Roumanos 15. Reuben Porter 16. Jack Miller 17. Harrison Leonard

This tells me that Topine is the only other player you could put in & I don't know why he isn't there. Why not start with Topine & then Deitz off the bench & flick Katoa?
Isn't he coming off an injury lay off? And hopefully Baz grooming him for an edge role in reserves..

On a plus note isnt it great to see Jack Miller have a run after consecutive MotoGP wins.. what a star!

zappa

Punk in Drublic
Reaction score
Isn't he coming off an injury lay off? And hopefully Baz grooming him for an edge role in reserves..

On a plus note isnt it great to see Jack Miller have a run after consecutive MotoGP wins.. what a star!
Yep really happy for Jack, he can do it all!

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
I actually think Waddell is improving, him and Napa need to show some leadership.
The only way we can win this is shear enthusiasm.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I actually think Waddell is improving, him and Napa need to show some leadership.
The only way we can win this is shear enthusiasm.
Napa might be due a rare "up" week has a few more in him..maybe.
I'm still missing the point why Smith gets a start over Waddell or a start at all, doesn't seem to do much of anything? to me he looks a better hit up option off the bench in that 17 plus doesnt look that fit to me compared to Waddell.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I thought Meaney did well covering his man and Katoas man too.

I seen Allen had to double back also when he was playing inside Katoa.
Meaney is not a good defender in my opinion.
I can't see Meaney in 1st grade next season.
He does have some strength to his game but with a creampuff pack like ours who get gassed quickly and bunch in the middle the outside backs get exposed with easy overlaps.

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
I don't know who the 12 are but I can take an educated fucking guess. And how much cap space do we have? Do you think taking 12 players out of that side and replacing them with reserve graders will make us worse off?? Your just the fucking type that would whinge if you where getting diamonds shoved up your arse, and BTW we are in year ten of the rebuild thanks to all that have gone before.
Impossible to bring 12 new players into a squad having just released another 8 from last season. Nobody will know anybody. That's a 66% churn in 2 years. No combinations, no familiarity. The best teams turn over say 4 or 5 max per season. As for your diamonds story....if you wanna have them shoved up your ass go right ahead. We made the GF in 12 and 14. So where does your 10 year rebuild fit in. Never let the truth stand in the way of a good story eh? Bet your a climate alarmist too. Churning too many players destroys identity and culture. The players will not feel they are Bulldogs...they will feel like guns for hire. Ever heard of the word 'Development' of players?

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Impossible to bring 12 new players into a squad having just released another 8 from last season. Nobody will know anybody. That's a 66% churn in 2 years. No combinations, no familiarity. The best teams turn over say 4 or 5 max per season. As for your diamonds story....if you wanna have them shoved up your ass go right ahead. We made the GF in 12 and 14. So where does your 10 year rebuild fit in. Never let the truth stand in the way of a good story eh? Bet your a climate alarmist too. Churning too many players destroys identity and culture. The players will not feel they are Bulldogs...they will feel like guns for hire. Ever heard of the word 'Development' of players?
The majority of the player's in our side will be lucky to 'Develop" into reserve grader's. As for rest of the crap you threw up about 'identity' 'culture' and 'feeling's', please you have NFI if you think that those attributes will magically appear by continuing on with the majority of this roster.

Philmus

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well i have to say well done to Barrett for seeing what we all saw in Elliot. Baz won't cop mediocre performances and has made some good decisions with players not performing.

I would of loved to be a fly on the wall when Barrett went through the video sessions on Monday with what he said to Elliot.

Ok so in one sentence, what did Barrett say to Elliot?
'Pack your bags idiot, you're either going to Melbourne for B Smith or back to whatever backwards bumfuck country bumpkin bullshit town you came from'