We need to get a piece of this action IMMEDIATELY

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Report that Broncos have let the Tigers fly in and talk to Tevita Pangai Jr (would be an early release) and Jamayne Isaako in an attempt to land Nicho Hynes and Josh Hodgson.

We seriously need to get a piece of this action. If the Broncos get Hodgson when they already have a much better hooker than us in Turpin it's f..king ridiculous. If we miss out on both B.Smith and Hodgson (and Daryl Clark) and end up with f..king JMK or Katoa again for 2022 I for one will go f..king crazy and we should tear the place down frankly. How in the f..k can the Tigers afford to sign TPJ after recently signing Hastings and Gildart ? (another 2 players I would have liked to see in our colours) and signing several high profile players last year also ?.

There's f..k all decent forwards available for 2022. If we don't make a HUGE play and actually sign either Hodgson or TPJ or BOTH then our recruitment team / Barrett aren't doing their f..king job in my opinion

Last edited:

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hmm I believe I did say a month or so ago that Brisbane were looking to clear cap space and TPJs name was mentioned to me.
If they're stupid enough to shed TPJ I hope we're smart enough to take advantage before the Tigers do. Look at the props available for 2022. Basically there's no-one. We desperately need to add size and strength both in attack and defence. TPJ gives both. Our forwards are getting trampled at the moment. Napa's money would cover most of TPJ alone

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Report that Broncos have let the Tigers fly in and talk to Tevita Pangai Jr (would be an early release) and Jamayne Isaako in an attempt to land Nicho Hynes and Josh Hodgson.

We seriously need to get a piece of this action. If the Broncos get Hodgson when they already have a much better hooker than us in Turpin it's f..king ridiculous. If we miss out on both B.Smith and Hodgson (and Daryl Clark) and end up with f..king JMK or Katoa again for 2022 I for one will go f..king crazy and we should tear the place down frankly. How in the f..k can the Tigers afford to sign TPJ after recently signing Hastings and Gildart ? (another 2 players I would have liked to see in our colours) and signing several high profile players last year also ?.

There's f..k all decent forwards available for 2022. If we don't make a HUGE play and actually sign either Hodgson or TPJ or BOTH then our recruitment team / Barrett aren't doing their f..king job in my opinion
Mate pangai on his day,very good but goes missing during games,no thanks,Hodgson hasn’t played as well since coming back from second acl injury,that’s y he’s coming off the bench,I’d rather we chase Turpin and finucane.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
B smiths needs to be resolved and signed and sorted with the storm. Talk to storm. Assume it’s down to jacko Eliot and rfm. See who’s open to moving. Sort it finalise it.

Give the forwards money that goes to storm to Pangai. Get those 2
Done!

Then if we have enough from
Napa hoppa c Smith britt Ogden Lewis jmk meaney remis smith Crichton Katoa etc all going.... see how much manly Will chip In for Taupau or sniff at matterson. Keep in mind we have $ now to cover burton/Jac.... we lost Foran and tolman who cover more than all our Fucking additions this year. Plus montoya holland and whoever else ffs that was overpaid.

Fill remaining spots with depth signings e.g extend Ava on minimum. We would be set with a competitive roster.

Dwz
Jac
Naden
Allen
Cotric
Flano/Averilo
Burton

Thompson
B Smith
Taupau/tpj
Tpj/matterson
Elliott/rfm (whoever is left)
Jacko (atoni is jacko goes)

Topine
Hetho
Atoni (if jacko stays)
Avo/okonbor

Sorted. Plus with jacko and Dwz coming off books to allow astute replacement or upgrades if needed.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

The club would be onto it don’t worry, but there’s other clubs like the Tigers as desperate as we are... we can’t have them all and it’s going to boil down to who is prepared to pay the highest coin and for which position is a club willing to prioritise that coin.. the bulldogs need a 9, absolutely critical for us right now, closely followed by a damaging forward (TPJ would be ideal).

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mate pangai on his day,very good but goes missing during games,no thanks,Hodgson hasn’t played as well since coming back from second acl injury,that’s y he’s coming off the bench,I’d rather we chase Turpin and finucane.
All players go missing at times. Even Fifita but at other times they can create tries from virtually nothing. I can't really see us improving much with more average players like Turpin or Finucane. Finucane would be just like having another Josh Jackson. Not enough strike in the backrow with Finucane, Jackson and Elliott. We need strike, size, strength, some power

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
B Smith and Pangai need to be signed. Now.

It’s simple here too. Work out the storm deal. Give them rfm/Elliott/jacko. See who they want. See who wants to go their (I’d imagine any of them would rfm for his development, jacko for a ring, Elliott to get his life together)

Use their money to sign Pangai.

Then from all
The overpaid flops going we could have a crack at matterson or Taupau if manly chip in 200k or so (rumoured to be 800k a year and reckon we could find another 600k when you look at all the blokes off books that are overpaid and factor in we could welcome burton/Jac this season e.g from Foran/Tolman/montoya/holland etc clearing cap space not spent and then remis released.

B Smith is most urgent but Pangai is the exact body we need ffs.

hayes

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If they're stupid enough to shed TPJ I hope we're smart enough to take advantage before the Tigers do. Look at the props available for 2022. Basically there's no-one. We desperately need to add size and strength both in attack and defence. TPJ gives both. Our forwards are getting trampled at the moment. Napa's money would cover most of TPJ alone
TPJ is one event from being deregistered from the NRL so he is a liability. Note he is the only that I remember getting the maximum financial penalty in his contract only 1 year ago.

djdeep4172

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If our club has so many duds by now we should at least have signed 6.
Been told smith was a done deal,don’t know what to believe .
Barrett should be blooding more prospects than he is also very dissapointing Selections this week.
Furner and rest of our defence team need to be sacked we are woefull in defence and just a bunch of shirt grabbers it’s just a weak defensive effort each game,

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
You know what would be wonderful....

1.Dufty
2. JAC
3. Naden
4. Cotric
5. DWZ
6. Avo
7.Burton
8. Thommo
9. I really dont give a fcuk anymore as this depressing shit has just gone way to far now..... Cotter u dickheads.
10. Taupau/Rudolph
11. TPJ
12. RFM
13. Jacko

14. Topine
15. Hetho
16. Atoni
17. Doorey

Elliot can join a new club thank you.

Surely that is fukn doable....

Last edited:

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I've been saying for a while that Tevita could be the one they move on.. If he's available, the club has to make a play for him. He's exactly what we need as we have no game breakers in our pack, especially edge second rowers.