Official Round 10 Bulldogs V Raiders - Team Lists and Discussion Thread

Disposable Hero

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you go through the posts last year there was a fair few calling him "our best forward" and a "must to be re-signed". He continually drops the ball or gives away stupid penalties.
Thats scary. Then there are people as retarded as Elliot on the forums. Time to burn the place down and start again

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Sorry bro gotta disagree with you. Cronk was 100% correct, if his microphone was in Avo or Wakehams ear we would have controlled that last 20mins vs 11 or 12 men. We lost it because of that 7 tackle useless kick then 6 again by elliot. We lost. Cronk is annoying but correct.
I agree

Cronk showed why he was an elite 7

If any of our halves had 10% of his footy IQ we would be singing our team song right now

It’s almost like the Papalii send off was the worst thing for us at that stage

We choked

Headmix

Banned
Reaction score
I agree

Cronk showed why he was an elite 7

If any of our halves had 10% of his footy IQ we would be singing our team song right now

It’s almost like the Papalii send off was the worst thing for us at that stage

We choked
Sorry bro gotta disagree with you. Cronk was 100% correct, if his microphone was in Avo or Wakehams ear we would have controlled that last 20mins vs 11 or 12 men. We lost it because of that 7 tackle useless kick then 6 again by elliot. We lost. Cronk is annoying but correct.
Cronk was one of the best halves to lace up he knows what he’s talking about. We should sign him as our attacking coach…

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I think Averillo to half back showed he was much better than Flanagan.

The back 5 all over 120m
Thompson, Atoni, Sumanfagai & even Ogden (for his 26 mins) played well.

We actually looked likely to score at times this week whereas last week it was an intercept & a strip. I think there were SOME positive signs. They have all lost confidence & have forgotten how to win. They also lack trust in each other like polished teams do.

Yes we lost today, but there is something to work with here.
100%

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Disappointing loss and we never really took advantage of the 13 on 11 then 12. Hopeful when we got to the front and received the advantage of a couple of their blokes in the bin but then.......

The Raiders might have won but it was because of our shortcomings not their stellar play.

We have truly forgotten how to win a game, the harder we try the worse it gets and we unfortunately don't have many players who are capable of producing any type of enterprising play. Sure we see glimpses at times of perhaps a bit of structured play but we can't seem to convert it to anything lasting or positive. We have no one at the moment who knows how to take the game by the scruff of the neck and push home any advantage we may have.

I thought the rule was that if the trainer stops play, the player has to go off for 3 minutes, but it didn't happen.
Yep a compulsory removal from the field for two minutes. This was to stop dodgy doings regarding changing the swing of the game. A side can be attacking and on a roll and a trainer gets the game stopped to treat a player who is nowhere near the action. Result advantage over and the defending side gets a breather.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Disappointing loss and we never really took advantage of the 13 on 11 then 12. Hopeful when we got to the front and received the advantage of a couple of their blokes in the bin but then.......

The Raiders might have won but it was because of our shortcomings not their stellar play.

We have truly forgotten how to win a game, the harder we try the worse it gets and we unfortunately don't have many players who are capable of producing any type of enterprising play. Sure we see glimpses at times of perhaps a bit of structured play but we can't seem to convert it to anything lasting or positive. We have no one at the moment who knows how to take the game by the scruff of the neck and push home any advantage we may have.

Yep a compulsory removal from the field for two minutes. This was to stop dodgy doings regarding changing the swing of the game. A side can be attacking and on a roll and a trainer gets the game stopped to treat a player who is nowhere near the action. Result advantage over and the defending side gets a breather.
And yet the Raider stayed on. Graham Annesley needs to report on Monday that this was a mistake & it will be enforced from now on. We seem to suffer from this a fair bit. Souths was another game where this happened against us at a critical time.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
And yet the Raider stayed on. Graham Annesley needs to report on Monday that this was a mistake & it will be enforced from now on. We seem to suffer from this a fair bit. Souths was another game where this happened against us at a critical time.
True. Have seen it in other games too and the best one was the Valentine Holmes one against the Cows when Hetherington was sent off. Holmes went down, the trainer signaled to stop the play. Holmes went off for all of 30 seconds at 55.34 and then came back on to replace a player other than the one who had gone on in his place ( who happened to be Hess) . he in fact replaced a player (Molo) who had been playing since the 19th minute of the game at 56.14 . They got the benefit of free interchange for both players.

DOGSOFWAR2013

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We had 6 line breaks to 3....
They had one sent off and another ain binned and we concede 2 tries when they are down to 11?

^A snap shot of how shit the dogs are travelling atm.
To top it off..
The raiders on a 5 game losing streak were as short as low $1 for the win whilst we were as much as $5 something for the win.
Says it all really.
Every other team is in another galaxy compared to us. Afraid its the spoon this year.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Absolutely correct, and I find Cronk less annoying than Ennis an co , trying to blow their own trumpet.. fact !!

eman & the Utai SLAM

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I thought the rule was that if the trainer stops play, the player has to go off for 3 minutes, but it didn't happen.
I thiught so as well matebut i watched closely and heard the ref stop it with his whistle quickly not the trainer. Correct me if I’m wrong.

That canberra HIA was dodgy as fuck tho. He hurt his chest and used a free interchange claiming HIA