Opinion Clark could be ours if we cough up the coin

Dog4life77

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Reports that the Titans have had a change of heart in regard to Clark..
Apparently they have baulked at his asking price and potential transfer fee..
So do we cough up the coin he is asking ?
I don’t know the figure or term he is chasing, but we might not have a choice if the report that Smith will remain in Melbourne for 22..
We could use Deitz as a backup and release Katoa and JMK..
Thoughts guys?

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Absolutly fucken tively Clark would be a great get !!!! Besides beggars can't be choosers and we have been crying out for a top class number 9 ever since Ennis walked.......Thanks Des.

Dog4life77

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Absolutly fucken tively Clark would be a great get !!!! Besides beggars can't be choosers and we have been crying out for a top class number 9 ever since Ennis walked.......Thanks Des.
100%..
I would love to know his asking price and term..
I think 550-600k a year for 3yrs would be a good get..
I think 3yrs is enough as the Poms tend to get homesick.
And whatever the transfer fee is, just pay it if it’s not coming out of our cap.

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
He'll be 29 next year.
He's closer to retirement.
He'd wanna sign for a few years.
And we are still years away from a premiership window.

As good as he may be, I fear if we sign him then we may miss the boat on B. Smith or better. Then it's back to square one.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Transfer fee isn't an issue for our club I wouldn't think. But if he's chasing stupid money it may be a deterrent. But that's entirely subjective. crisp accurate passing can mean the difference between your forwards playing solid football and doing everything at full pace. Good decision making can mean the difference between the ball going to a playmaker with options or one facing a wall of defense.

I haven't really seen much of Clarke but everything I've heard from English league fans tells me he's a gun.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
What are the figures for a transfer fee or his wage demands? A transfer fee is outside the cap.. I couldn't imagine he'd want more than 600k max considering he hasn't played NRL before..

He's my top choice for hooker. I'm not worried about him being 28. Cook is turning 30 soon and doesn't look like slowing down and Clark is a similar player. I think he'd carve up in the NRL with these touch footy rules.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
If we somehow end up with Clark or Smith we should be thrilled..

If we missed out on both and got Hodgson, we'd still improve a lot if he stayed healthy. If he's injured again, we're back to playing backups and rejects at hooker..

If we don't get any of those three and get Kenny, we could have found a bargain or we could have signed another Egan/Katoa like reject.

If we don't sign any of those four, we're well and truly fucked as there's no one else out there with Starling and Simpkin off the market.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
I prefer b Smith personally. Yes he struggled with 10kg mass but at least he’s shown the league as a quality player. Along with ripping teams apart at 9.

I’ve only Heard hype of Clark in England can’t say I recall his English international games being as dominate as Smith has for nz (might be my memory)

Also Holbrook surely knows the league there better than any of us. If he is off Clark it tells me either he doubts him or he wants to much.

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Hes asking 800k a year for 3 years i heard.
Not sure how much the transfer fee is but

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Nasheed here,
Let’s do some analysis.
Here is mine.
No oil, no rumour, just fact.

Transfer fee- shouldnot be an issue. We are a rich club. Asians, dealers, locals feed our pokies and facilities daily and as a result we are rich. So shouldn’t be an issue.

so let’s look at the cap and what is Clark’s price.
Firstly, Clark has never to my knowledge states soem burning desire to test himself in the nrl, he’s happy at home in Warrington.

so we can forget about any pay cut business.

therefore we need to figure out what he is on now.
I do recall an old article on LU saying it was a 2 million 3 year deal but I could be wrong.
Conservatively he would be on 450 and maximum I think is 600.
We know that Thompson was going to be the highest paid Helens player of all time if he stayed for 725
We also know Benji was offered 700
Maloney is on 500+
Widdop is on 700
Burgers similar
These are cap exempt marquees

is Clarkthe second marquee at Warrington?Or is it Austin?

I suspect he isn’t, so he is most likely on 500.
At 500, what gets you to the nrl?
50k for extra rent and moving about rubbish. Just intrinsic cost.

we are now at 550.
Now what gets you moving from a happy comfortable environment?
I am thinking 150-300k given he could be a marquee elsewhere in the esl.

basically, I think he is going to cost 759 a year plus
Transfer costs. Pure Lebanon.

Is Daryl Clark worth 750?
Is he a Damien cook superstar?
Or a glorified jmk!?

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Hes asking 800k a year for 3 years i heard.
Not sure how much the transfer fee is but
That's crazy if true.. If he wants anything close to that then he won't find a taker, especially with a transfer fee on top. Only Cook and Grant would get as much or more than that. He's worth 600-650k. Anything else is mental.