Flanagan is our immediate problem.

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
Hasn't shown any improvement and kicks as far and as high as a kid in under 12s. No vision, no ability, we had a set in the Eels half and when he got the ball all our players stopped, they can see it.

We need to be looking for another option right away because at this point we are going to be relying too heavily on Burton. At this point I'd take Jackson in the halves over this guy at least then we know the line will be engaged and Jackos grubbers shits on Flanagan's.

Shows no indication that he trained with one of the best halves ever. He can learn how to play the position in reserve grade.
And when Averillo finally did something outside of the robotic training session and ran through the line to score, everyone was in shock lol

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Hopefully after November 1 some other club will buy Flanno for 2023 season and we let him go earlier in 2022. This is what im praying for..

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Was thinking this earlier. Maybe he's a hooker option?
I wouldnt waste my time to be honest... Its just a better option for him because he seems way out of his depth at HB.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hopefully after November 1 some other club will buy Flanno for 2023 season and we let him go earlier in 2022. This is what im praying for..
LOLLLL no ones buying Flanno bro, well have to pay for someone else to take him. I wouldn’t be surprised if Mick Potter has told Barrett that Flanno is banned from lower grades and that’s why Flanno is still in first grade

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He is terrible. Baz has made things worse by making him the focal point of our attack and making everything go through him.
He is our #7 and most of our attack should go through him....the problem isn't Barret, it's whether Flanagan has the smarts to control it which i am doubting with every game I watch.

Jarrad El Hickey

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wasn’t a fan of the signing and he hasn’t looked great the way he speaks about his time at the roosters seems fairly entitled to me however he shows a little bit with his passing in the opposition red zone and hasn’t had much to work with in terms of go forward but his last tackle options are atrocious not a fan so far but haven’t lost hope

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He’s signed with us for 23 season. We have to shop him around, whilst paying some sort of freight. $100 000 a year would be a good result

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
There is something wrong, a couple times Flanagan was ball out front, looking for some options, and there was nothing, just no one.
A good half is always thinking of the next play ahead and directing his players around to give him the options, decoys and runners he needs. Flanagan is struggling to set up our plays

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Another mare from Flanagan tonight. Barrett needs to grow a pair and send him to the park ranks. Next week I’d like to see;
6. Averillo
7. Lewis

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Somehow he gets worse every week and yet again Averillo looked more likely and put in better kicks.

I'm still adamant Flanagan isn't a FG standard half and I'm shocked so many people think he can turn it around despite the fact that he's struggling at his third club now and he couldn't even look semi decent surrounded by stars at the Roosters.

Hopefully he and Allan are moved on after this season as both are lucky to be in first grade the way they're playing.

CanterburybankstownBD

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I think he's the type of player who needs more time than usual to reach his potential, thought that before he played a game for us.
This team and the situation we're in is slowing his progression
we really need a better pack and a decent hooker

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone get to watch Sam Walker slay the Knights tonight ? LOLLLL for all the morons saying Flanno is still young and experienced please take a bow.
Cannot believe barett signed Flanagan to be the half back leas us around the park for the next 3 years.....what the hell was he thinking....this was a desperate move....very desperate.....he cannot keep playing him in 1st grade

hackenbush

Kennel Established
Reaction score
A quick comparison between flannigan v Lewis.
Long kicking game. LEWIS
Short kicking game LEWIS
Speed off the mark. FLANNIGAN
Organising ability ON PAR
Tackling LEWIS
Game management TOSS OF THE COIN
Would not have expected the result of this comparison at the beginning of the year.
Keep trying with Flannigan or time to give LEWIS another chance. Let's see how he goes with the Mounties today.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Somehow he gets worse every week and yet again Averillo looked more likely and put in better kicks.

I'm still adamant Flanagan isn't a FG standard half and I'm shocked so many people think he can turn it around despite the fact that he's struggling at his third club now and he couldn't even look semi decent surrounded by stars at the Roosters.

Hopefully he and Allan are moved on after this season as both are lucky to be in first grade the way they're playing.
I'm not giving up hope that he can turn it around. But hope and expectation are different things. Hopes are high while expectation is low.

I don't know if he's a confidence player and Barrett hasn't shafted him because his abilities look good on the training runs or if Barrett is just poor at judging his talent.

At the end of the day he's just one of the problems in the team right now. I'd love to see at least one of our halves showing that they need to be there next year very soon. It won't be ideal for Burton to walk into a side where the defense knows to target him.

James zac

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How would Flanagan go at 9 might be in the DNA wasn’t his old man a hooker ?

the_insider

Kennel Established
Reaction score
At the roosters he had a monster pack, all star backline as well as a superstar halves partner to carry him and still couldn't get it done, I mean Trent Robinson literally paid us to take him. Look what am 18 year old rookie in Sam Walker has done in his place despite having half the team injured around him

MariaZ

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
No big deal we got him for cheap can sit in reserve grade next year Burton & Avo might work well together
Next year? TB needs to buy his own coffee and put him there next week. Cant believe I am saying this but please bring back Lewis!

Snoop

Waterboy
Reaction score
I’m not sticking up for him as I think Barrett is ordinary coach with poor tactics
But honestly what half could do anything behind this pack
Our metres each week are horrific
We don’t break the advantage line
No fast play the balls

Jonathon Thurston would look dogshit behind this pack
Not to mention the dogshit service from hooker
Cmon you kidding? If Thurston was half back we’ll be in a better position. He is the most influential half back in history along side Johns. He’ll be directing the pack. You’re talking about a future immortal here.