Fullback for next year?

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
We can also all thank Finch if Paps comes, because that interview where he talked about passion for the dogs is what got the clubs attention.

Bulldog wazza

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Ok next year we will have DWZ. ADDO CARR, ALLEN,COTRIC NADEN, BURTON, AVERILLO, SCHOUP, FLANNO and maybe MEANEY to choose for spots. Healthy depth indeed.

For me Im willing to see this over the preseason
1. AVO - Speed and footwork ...if he works hard on positional play and reading the game (my biggest worry)
2. JAC Amazing winger World Class
3.NADEN - Great finisher speed inside JAC to keep up in support.
4. DWZ Strong carries out of our end - he build on confidence with Burton ball playing and Cotric outside of him.
5. COTRIC Rep class Winger will benefit with Burton coming to the club next year.
6. BURTON - Future Rep star
7. FLANNO - will be much improved player and good solid partner for Burton.

Big area still for us.
we need that damm world class Hooker to make this team shine..

Forwards- Toby Rudolph,Thommo, Hetherington, another prop ,Atoni RFM Elliot and Topine my backrowers.

Stimson ,Wadell,Doorey benches with maybe another up and coming Junior as a utility.

Kenya

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fullback in the modern game is about explosive speed. A genuine quick.

We don’t have that yet. Maybe Meaney if he settles and gets his angles and support play happening.
I don’t know if Averillo is quick? Is he?

Otherwise we’re in the hunt for someone as we push for a top 4 spot.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
DWZ is a better fullback than Dufty. We need to invest our money in positions 8-13 moving forward.
No way... DWZ runs harder than Dufty and defends better. Dufty better in all other areas

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Pick one of DWZ, JAC, Naden, Allan, Cotric, Averillo or Meaney. We're probably still going to have fullback roulette. I think Averillo could be our long term option there. I currently have DWZ for round 1 22, but it changes week to week :P .

Mak Dogs

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I like us to put addo Carr fullback. Any half break will result in a instant try cause he’s the best support player in the game. I’d have okunbor and dwz on the wing for strong carries to bring the ball out of our own 20. Cotric one centre and out of Allen or Naden for the other with shouup and Meaney for depth

Magic Arrow

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No hes definitely not
Oh well we'll agree to disagree.

No way... DWZ runs harder than Dufty and defends better. Dufty better in all other areas
Dufty is a horrible last line of defense. The only part of his game I like is his support play. People forget how bad he was last year. I think DWZ will improve once he gets a combination going next year with Burton. He doesnt get good ball out the back. People also forget theyre the same age.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Dunno how you guys are finding Averillo at FB out of all this but maybe he could be an option, needs heaps of development.
As for DWZ he is better than Dufty in 2 pretty key areas and is already contracted on pretty fat money for next year....no brainer why get another bloke on around the same money who isn't massively better? for mine DWZ is going to have a good year this year and has already started off fairly well.

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Is it just me or the more i watch Avo play the more he reminds me of Mbye/Holdsworth/Roberts... shitloads of potential and that's about it. Play a few good games here and there and that's about it. Hope i get proven wrong though

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
After signing Naden, we're surely not looking at Dufty. So I'll be happy for us to get by with one of DWZ, Meaney, Averillo or Fox there until the right long term fullback comes along or one of those guys makes the position their own.

Averillo or Addo-Carr have the most potential at fullback but neither have played there in FG. Meaney and DWZ are the safer options but I wouldn't be surprised if Fox got first crack and we see something like:

1: Addo-Carr
2: DWZ/Meaney
3: Allan
4: Naden
5: Cotric
6: Averillo
7: Burton

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
if we have a decent forward pack that can create momentum for our backs then the best option would be Allan. We saw what he did for Souths when latrell went down. He is a great link up person.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
After signing Naden, we're surely not looking at Dufty. So I'll be happy for us to get by with one of DWZ, Meaney, Averillo or Fox there until the right long term fullback comes along or one of those guys makes the position their own.

Averillo or Addo-Carr have the most potential at fullback but neither have played there in FG. Meaney and DWZ are the safer options but I wouldn't be surprised if Fox got first crack and we see something like:

1: Addo-Carr
2: DWZ/Meaney
3: Allan
4: Naden
5: Cotric
6: Averillo
7: Burton
The club has never even made mention of Dufty so I agree with you. Those on here wanting us to sign him must think we are going to run out there with a team full of outside backs next year.

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
How drunk were you when you saw potential in Holdsworth?
Lol at the time it was all over the news, way before social media and TV footage available to us now. Based on opinions etc he was supposed to be man to replace Anasta but fuck he was crap.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Paps they say is about to sign a 2 year extension until the end of 2024. We should grab Dufty on the cheap or Drinkwater. The advantage about Drinkwater is he can also play in the halves and I recently read while playing fullback he's very good at organising the defensive line.

Last edited: