Official Brent Naden signs with the Bulldogs until 2023

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Burton literally uses the number 6 in his Insta name, he's a five-eighth, wants to play five-eighth and is going to be playing five-eighth. Maybe old mate heard "half" and assumed.

Longtimedog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
DWZ had one half decent game at fullback and everyone forgets all the errors he makes... no way we make this guy permanent FB.
For me
1.Meaney (Allan/DWZ)
2. (L) JAC
3. (L) Naden
4. (R) Cotric
5. (R) Okunbur
6. (L) Burton
7 (R) Averillo
Meaney if used backing up in the middle , can ball play and has a short kicking game. Safe under high ball
Allan good ball player but too slow for mine.
DWZ despite his hard running and courage there’s not much else.
I like Okunbur because he gets us on the front foot from our end. He like DWZ has feet for hands but he is good defending and attacking the high kick.
Both have no idea reading numbers in defence.
Odd ones out for me are Flanagan ( but we know that won’t happen) DWZ and Allan.
I thought at the time Allan was a bad signing.
Schoup as back up centre.
Hoppa , anywhere but Belmore
But without a good 9 and another front rower we will still struggle a bit

Last edited:

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Flanagan is a NO7 that's not an experiment

Putting Burton as a NO 7 is an experiment

Why would u buy Burton to play him NO7 ?
I didn’t say I would, but it has been mentioned by others that he is keen on playing in the 7. So unless you know the exact detail of Barrett and Burton’s discussions, you are just speculating like the rest of us.

Personally I think he should play 6 and I have also said several times in different threads that Flange is likely to stay our 7, particularly if Burton is beside him in the 6.

But, like the rest of our backline we now appear to have the headache of options for next year which is a good thing. The only certainties would be Burton, JAC and Cotric.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Burton literally uses the number 6 in his Insta name, he's a five-eighth, wants to play five-eighth and is going to be playing five-eighth. Maybe old mate heard "half" and assumed.
Is there much of a difference these days? Not really

Back in the old days when you were still swimming it was a deep backline because of the 5 meter rule. Halfback to 5/8th, 5/8th to inside centre, Inside centre to Outside centre, Outside centre to the winger...then TRY!!!!

Very different these days

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
When is the last time the club had two aboriginal players in the same team?
We have smith, and not including Elliott coz that’s BS.
I honestly can’t think of a time in our history where that’s been the case where 2 of the 13 taking the field have been.
Chris Smith & Reimis Smith? 2020?

surfdog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Happy with this signing both money and contract length, when you consider the type of player we have had here on 3-400k its a massive upgrade, now lets get the engine room sorted.

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
See, this proves my point... The mail about Naden gets proven right, other reliable sources give you more info that you don't deserve to be privy to, and you still bitch and moan and show how ungrateful you are and question everything....

Just be happy people are passing on what they hear and that we're linked to rep players in key positions. If it doesn't work out, don't shoot the messenger and get over it..

Til then, shut the fuck up and show some appreciation to @ASSASSIN @Roger the alien @MasterP and others like the rest of us do and be thankful we're getting good info..
I dont think he understands how the real world works. When mummy and daddy have fed you all your life you cant really blame him.
Things change. Circumstances evolve. Theres leverage, gamesmanship, people out for themselves, people in their ears etc.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score

Back in the old days when you were still swimming it was a deep backline because of the 5 meter rule. Halfback to 5/8th, 5/8th to inside centre, Inside centre to Outside centre, Outside centre to the winger...then TRY!!!!

There is a massive difference. Look at Cleary and Luai (Hodkinson and Reynolds if you want a doggies e.g.). Those 2 playstyles together are your ideal combination (yin and yang). 6 - x-factor, feeling based, chips in, plays both sides more than the other. 7 - implements game plan, organises, general, long kicking, etc (doing these roles will take away from your individual ability). 6 and 7 need to overlap in roles a bit (less predictable) but they aren't the same. If Panthers are our blueprint - Burton 6, Flanagan 7.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score

There is a difference but it varies from team to team.