Opinion Matt Burton

ibby

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
At the moment even if he was to come this year big deal it’s not like we a going to play any better seriously we have dead flops all around the park.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Still laughing at how some people on this forum believed averillo was just as good if not better lmfao
YEP and were surmising where else Matty could play as second fiddle to him oh my Lord :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:

This young bloke is a future great hope we have him for 10 Years and about 4 premierships :hearteyes:

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
YEP and were surmising where else Matty could play as second fiddle to him oh my Lord :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:

This young bloke is a future great hope we have him for 10 Years and about 4 premierships eyes:
To be honest if flanno doesn't pull his finger out Burto will be half and averillo five eight

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Flanno is behind the eight ball so far that is 100% correct, not sure Avo is the solution/plan B could he be even half the player Luai is and therefore a foil for Matt? Idk atm.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Flanno is behind the eight ball so far that is 100% correct, not sure Avo is the solution/plan B could he be even half the player Luai is and therefore a foil for Matt? Idk atm.
Flanagan hasn't been the best. But I have seen him throw some good passes to the edges that have earned us points. So perhaps the awareness and instinct is there, but he's having issues with producing from the platform our forwards are laying. I had hoped he'd display a creative kicking game which I don't think he's done yet. But I do hope he'll get there. I think with Averillo he's starting to show some signs of confidence and hopefully that brings out the best of him moving forwards. It wasn't ideal for him to pretty much skip reserve grade and get dropped in the deep end in a side that is lacking players to take the pressure off him.

It's hard to say what our best options will be for 2022. There's a long road ahead for both Flanno and Avo.

Kenya

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Flanagan hasn't been the best. But I have seen him throw some good passes to the edges that have earned us points. So perhaps the awareness and instinct is there, but he's having issues with producing from the platform our forwards are laying. I had hoped he'd display a creative kicking game which I don't think he's done yet. But I do hope he'll get there. I think with Averillo he's starting to show some signs of confidence and hopefully that brings out the best of him moving forwards. It wasn't ideal for him to pretty much skip reserve grade and get dropped in the deep end in a side that is lacking players to take the pressure off him.

It's hard to say what our best options will be for 2022. There's a long road ahead for both Flanno and Avo.
Agree Alan, Flanagin is playing behind a pack that Is not dominating and not going forward.

ATT

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Hopefully he comes to bulldogs. If not we are in for all sorts trouble.

ozdog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Fuck them, as brandy said on nrl 360, a contract is a contract and rugby league ain’t fair, he signed the contract and that’s where he stays.

Dogs79

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I missed the report, But I’m sure Panthers have said something like he is playing well and we’d love to keep him. While he is winning and scoring tries he might even question the decision himself, but end of the day he’s always said he wants to play No.6, he can certainly earn more as a 6 than he can plying 3-4, and he won’t play 6 with Luai in front of him, so I’m confident he’ll still be in the blue and white next year.