Off season podcasts (and audio media snippets) on Bulldogs specific topics

Sword

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
“0-6 to start the season for only the third time ever”

They really get stuck into Hoppa in this one!

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Are those guys posters here? Please take this feedback...

Fuck that opening Steve Allen thing off. It is horrible.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Nasheed here,
I considered doing a podcast with my friend Moez.
The Nasheed and Moez kennel podcast.
Basically the idea is to pick kenn posts of interest and get the author to discuss and expand. Get Lebbos to call in and vent. Also have a comedy section and get guys like the @Foxalldayeveryday guy to do a segment. Maybe do prank calls on air to Bulldogsteve. That sorta thing.

Maybe I can inspire a generation and document my own journey to the nrl after age 30.

Matt Frawley poster on my wall
That don't bother me at all
Playing poker till dawn with a deck of fifty-one
No more Smoking cigarettes and watching Captain Kangaroo
Now don't tell me I've nothing to do.

Spudowsky

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Good Podcast last night Finchy and Reni
Reni's comments on Des are very interesting. His perspective is one of the culture of our club pre Hasler and then coming back during the Des era. It seems Des ripped the real Bulldogs mentality straight out of our great club and we are still paying for it now.

Malla

Reaction score
Reni's comments on Des are very interesting. His perspective is one of the culture of our club pre Hasler and then coming back during the Des era. It seems Des ripped the real Bulldogs mentality straight out of our great club and we are still paying for it now.
I am literally up to that bit where he talks about going back to the Dogs - last thing he said was he did not feel like he was part of the team. I'll finish it tonight.

But yeah thats interesting and its also the same stuff Mase was saying about it a few years ago. Des ripped us apart. This is why we need to be patient with Baz, he seems like he is keen to bring back the Bulldogs culture that we lost under Des and Castle.

Spudowsky

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I am literally up to that bit where he talks about going back to the Dogs - last thing he said was he did not feel like he was part of the team. I'll finish it tonight.

But yeah thats interesting and its also the same stuff Mase was saying about it a few years ago. Des ripped us apart. This is why we need to be patient with Baz, he seems like he is keen to bring back the Bulldogs culture that we lost under Des and Castle.
Yeah hopefully Baz can do that. He can't be judged this early into his tenure. Reni also mentions reading comments from a certain forum which I can only assume is tk

Olddawg

Banned
Reaction score
There’s just more podcasts all round now. They’ve followed the American sports blueprint. Means there’s more shit podcasts than good ones but generally speaking I like Bloke in a Bar. Finchy has been getting on really good guests but he’s the worst person to host a podcast, just can’t stop talking about himself.
if you watch finchys mannerisms it seems as though he has some sort of motor neurone disease coming on. Kinda feel sorry for him. Also liking these podcasts puts into perspective there is more to life than footy and some gronk fans take the game way too seriously.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
if you watch finchys mannerisms it seems as though he has some sort of motor neurone disease coming on. Kinda feel sorry for him. Also liking these podcasts puts into perspective there is more to life than footy and some gronk fans take the game way too seriously.
A older guy I work with has it. Very strong man to soldier on work like he does, inspirational people fighting stuff like that.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Hope it’s not true, very sad like big Carl Webb also
Agree. I feel very sorry for Carl Webb, from my understanding it seems like he hasn't received much support. Hopefully he and his family are doing as good as they can in such a situation.

As for Finchy hes a nice guy who has struggled with mental health, I could never be a big ceo O wouldn't have had the heart to cut him from fox.

Malla

Reaction score
Yeah I have noticed that about Finchy, it was pretty evident on that matty John’s podcast couple years ago when people thought he was high. Feel for the guy but he’s such a footy nerd, loves the game. Also seems very loyal will always back his mates and if you remember when Hooper was having a crack at the storm on set once he backed em and went toe to toe, love it

Malla

Reaction score
Also my comment on finchy before talking about himself too much, he’s improved heaps. Very candid and really interviews well. Getting much better

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Spotify or on the podcast app if you have an iPhone mate. It’s called Brett Finch Uncensored. I think the YouTube video should be up soon too
Cheers bro I'll have a listen now

Malla

Reaction score
Just finished listening to it.

While Reni is right about the joint losing its identity and DNA, a lot of the changes introduced by Des are part and parcel of the game today.. we just needed someone in the joint to ensure bulldogs culture was still a big part of what we did.

Also Reni seemed like he had a massive chip on his shoulder during his second stint with us. Seems like he's just learning now he needs to take accountability of his actions and move forward. How many second chances did he expect to get? Des left him out of the teams after his brain snap against Manly which in my opinion was fair. He was sinbinned with almost 10 minutes left, could have cost us the game. Loved the way Reni played but looks like he always had a me against the world mentality, I remember when he backed Sonny when Sonny left, we all didn't like that but fuck me does he not understand why? Bloke is an air headed flog at times. Great player but what a fucking flog.

Olddawg

Banned
Reaction score
Just finished listening to it.

While Reni is right about the joint losing its identity and DNA, a lot of the changes introduced by Des are part and parcel of the game today.. we just needed someone in the joint to ensure bulldogs culture was still a big part of what we did.

Also Reni seemed like he had a massive chip on his shoulder during his second stint with us. Seems like he's just learning now he needs to take accountability of his actions and move forward. How many second chances did he expect to get? Des left him out of the teams after his brain snap against Manly which in my opinion was fair. He was sinbinned with almost 10 minutes left, could have cost us the game. Loved the way Reni played but looks like he always had a me against the world mentality, I remember when he backed Sonny when Sonny left, we all didn't like that but fuck me does he not understand why? Bloke is an air headed flog at times. Great player but what a fucking flog.
I liked it when sonny left, never ceases to amaze me how grown men act like bitches and schoolgirls, obsessed deniro fans calling footy players they have never met “Flogs and fucking flogs”