News Bulldogs Jack Hetherington facing lengthy ban after being sent off for tackle on Valentine Holmes

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The biggest insult to injury is that we signed this dud when Papali’i was available instead. He’s been one of the signings of the season

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
The biggest insult to injury is that we signed this dud when Papali’i was available instead. He’s been one of the signings of the season
True, but no one rated Papali'i before this season (he's on <200k at the Eels which shows no one was interested). He was terrible/struggling last year at the Warriors. I never wanted us to sign Hetherington tho. The best type of forward that's going to get us out of this mess are metre eater forwards, Hetherington is exactly the opposite of that. When you add his discipline on top well...

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
He knows he fucked up, maybe something pissed him off?
His offload got us the first try, he runs hard and is pretty new to first grade, I reckon he is going to be a good player if the Dogs stick by him.
He probably needs to go to 2ndrow ideally, to use his speed and offload and stop the chatter that he needs to be an enforcer.

He will be targetted closely now so drop him back to backrow role.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
True, but no one rated Papali'i before this season (he's on <200k at the Eels which shows no one was interested). He was terrible/struggling last year at the Warriors. I never wanted us to sign Hetherington tho. The best type of forward that's going to get us out of this mess are metre eater forwards, Hetherington is exactly the opposite of that. When you add his discipline on top well...
Shrewd signings the dogs of early 2000s would have made. We can't identify talent like that now.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Yep

BASE penalty 300 points, 140% loading +32 carry over points

Guilty= 692 points +32 points= 7 games
Early Plea= 527 points+ 32 points= 5 games
So 2? weeks we get penalised extra for his braindead record elsewhere?

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So 2? weeks we get penalised extra for his braindead record elsewhere?
Basically correct yes. Clean record he is off with 2 weeks. Problem is he has massive loading which increases now to 220% from memory (I'd have to check the table again for that figure). Hetherington is just a braindead useless version of Adrian Morley and the game has changed since Morley played!

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Basically correct yes. Clean record he is off with 2 weeks. Problem is he has massive loading which increases now to 220% from memory (I'd have to check the table again for that figure). Hetherington is just a braindead useless version of Adrian Morley and the game has changed since Morley played!
So there needs to be a system where these plonkers are fined, and compensate the club somehow, so that we aren't penalised for stuff they do at other clubs.

Maybe if they change clubs with carry over points, they (the player) pays a big fine, based on accumulated points, and they get a clean record restored for the next club.

Like 300 points carry over, Hethrington has to pay $50k fine to have his record restored back to zero if he goes to a new club.

Make the dumb players pay out of their hip pocket for their indiscretions.

Poor us, suffer for his reckless play at Penrith and Warriors.

But then again dumb us for taking him on with that record in the first place.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
All 3 should have been sent. Any charge where there are 3 week suspensions should have been sent off. Latrell Mitchell should have been as well this week. In general refs have become way too soft and players are getting away with absolutely anything. The report system is the biggest load of trash in the NRL, it has made refs soft.
I think the NRL have said in the past if it warrants a 5 game penalty then it's a send off, so the only one that would apply is Hetherington & only because he has priors. We should seek clarification on why he got a higher charge than Radley & then seek a downgrade. They were similar tackles.

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So there needs to be a system where these plonkers are fined, and compensate the club somehow, so that we aren't penalised for stuff they do at other clubs.

Maybe if they change clubs with carry over points, they (the player) pays a big fine, based on accumulated points, and they get a clean record restored for the next club.

Like 300 points carry over, Hethrington has to pay $50k fine to have his record restored back to zero if he goes to a new club.

Make the dumb players pay out of their hip pocket for their indiscretions.

Poor us, suffer for his reckless play at Penrith and Warriors.

But then again dumb us for taking him on with that record in the first place.
System is basically there to stop repeat offenders and I'm not sure how many more times Hetherington has to get it before changing his technique...I mean 140% loading fair dinkum that's worse than Morley! Not sure I agree with players buying out a record.

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think the NRL have said in the past if it warrants a 5 game penalty then it's a send off, so the only one that would apply is Hetherington & only because he has priors. We should seek clarification on why he got a higher charge than Radley & then seek a downgrade. They were similar tackles.
He basically got the same charge, 1 level above. A clean record he gets 2 weeks. I think many would say that's a 2 week suspension.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I missed the game but saw the replay and it looked ordinary. However...p.lease explain to me how on earth Holmes is free interchanged with Hess at AT 55.34 and then Holmes returns as a free interchange for Molo at 56-14. Just what damage did they assess and why did they get TWO free interchanges????
It's called rorting the system I believe