Official Round 5 Bulldogs V Storm - Team Lists and Discussion Thread

kungfuman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I very much doubt we will make 1 line break , but if we jag 1 i bet we have nobody backing up!

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
If Cotric isn't going to be playing in the centres next year we need Naden. I think Schoupp ready for next year.
Yeah I just figured we keep Cotric happy in the short term, sign an experienced winger like Ferguson for 1-2 years and move Cotric to wing then when Alomati is ready. I do like Naden in attack but his off field issues and defence are a concern.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
It's not working because of our shit hooker and shit middles... Everything unfolds from there.

Literally all you get now are his kicks returns as he's now closer to the sideline and with our attack won't see the ball. Seeing that we were already getting his kick returns alot when he was swapping with Meaney it seems like a pointless move

Alomati is not ready for first grade next year imo. Hopoate should not be retained and Allan is meh. So for me that means Cotric and Schoupp should be 2022 centre pairing, so fucking with that now makes no sense to me.
Fair enough.. I just think he was never a centre and trying to manufacture him into being one does Cotric's game and the teams performance a disservice..

Addo-Carr and Cotric as your wingers is as good as it gets though. I agree that centres are an issue but maybe if Allan goes okay there, then Schoupp or Alamoti or Naden if we sign him we can find two out of those four?

Cotric was still getting carries from dummy half, but I hate having centres who can't or won't pass the ball and he struggles defensively there too.. Anyway, we'll see how the changes go this week and beyond..

Cosmo24

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Napa's only playing because of his pay packet.
Any chance he’s just being picked because we are trying to revisit the Napa / Burton exchange and hoping he can pull out his once-a-season non-shit game? Trying to keep his selling point as a top 17 player.

Sorry to bring up Burton again everyone :(

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Any chance he’s just being picked because we are trying to revisit the Napa / Burton exchange and hoping he can pull out his once-a-season non-shit game? Trying to keep his selling point as a top 17 player.

Panthers are getting Blacker from Dragons exchange for Burns

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs will be boosted by the return of Luke Thompson, Dallin Watene-Zelezniak and skipper Josh Jackson for this Saturday's match against the Melbourne Storm at Stadium Australia (5:30PM AEST).
All three return after suspension, with Thompson to play his first match of the season.
In other team news, Head Coach Trent Barrett has made a number of player and positional changes for the match:

• Dallin Watene-Zelezniak will return in the full back position to replace Nick Meaney who will be out for several weeks with broken ribs
  • Luke Thompson and Josh Jackson return to the starting side
  • Nick Cotric moves to the wing, while Corey Allan takes over in the centres
  • Jake Averillo returns in place of Lachlan Lewis after recovering from an ankle injury
  • Dylan Napa returns to the bench with Dean Britt and Joe Stimson dropping back to the extended bench
Match: Bulldogs v Storm
ROUND 5 - SATURDAY 10TH APRIL
5:30pm

No.PlayerSponsor
1Dallin Watene-ZelezniakHy-Tec
2Nick CotricGuardian Venue Management
3Will HopoateCincotta Chemist Campsie
4Corey AllanAustralasian Industrial Wrappings & Coatings
5Tui KatoaSouthern Cross Charcoal
6Jake AverilloPenny's Crispy Pork Crackling
7Kyle FlanaganSydney Freezers
8Luke ThompsonIntello IT
9Sione KatoaJay Productions & Events
10Jack HetheringtonMMX Projects
11Adam ElliottTLH Recruitment
12Corey WaddellDental on Evaline
13Josh JacksonDaily Press
InterchangeRecovery Partners
14Jackson TopineKhalil Family Lawyers
15Renouf AtoniUrbanista Café & Convenience
16Dylan NapaYour Property People
17Ofahiki OgdenMcDonalds Punchbowl/Lakemba
Reserves
19Brandon Wakeham
20Chris Smith
21Joe Stimson
22Dean Britt
People are totally impatient...
TBaz inherited a roster mostly 2nd graders, we have at least 15 players off contract and our form isn't great, I ask how else do we work out who to keep and who to let go, all that matters now is to keep or buy the right players and to work out the best position for each player it's a case of trial and error...
Patience goes a long way, our faith in our club is our strength !!!

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

I think we've accepted hes not coming

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
People are totally impatient...
TBaz inherited a roster mostly 2nd graders, we have at least 15 players off contract and our form isn't great, I ask how else do we work out who to keep and who to let go, all that matters now is to keep or buy the right players and to work out the best position for each player it's a case of trial and error...
Patience goes a long way, our faith in our club is our strength !!!
This isn't school, not everyone gets a go. He should have a good enough idea from training yet he goes and makes a brain dead decision like playing Cotric at left centre. Funny that Allan is now centre and Cotric wing...was always going to end up like that.

Dawain87

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
get wakeham in the halves and averillo on the bench to come on once one of the backs gets gassed.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score

I think that boat has well and truly sailed. I think he played his best game in a while against the Broncos and he was still terrible.