Ennis

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
why exactly is it ridiculous? trust me ennis is correct and the club is stupid
Retard? You’re the one looking stupid pal.

It’s well documented the club gave Hasler too much power. It’s also ancient history. If Ennis is still salty after 7 years, 4 of those in retirement then that reflects more on him than anyone else. Move on Menace.

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ennis was a bit of a journey man having played with the Knights, the Dragons, the Broncos, us and the Sharks but his "hottest takes" so to speak as a commentator seem to be limited to us... now, you can tell early on he harboured resentment for the club and Des for being let go in favour of Lichaa

some of his opinions are also clearly motivated by his loyalty to old teammates (eg. Josh Reynolds and how he should not have been allowed to leave)

however, I do think that a lot of what Ennis says comes from his genuine affection I guess for the club

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
Retard? You’re the one looking stupid pal.

It’s well documented the club gave Hasler too much power. It’s also ancient history. If Ennis is still salty after 7 years, 4 of those in retirement then that reflects more on him than anyone else. Move on Menace.
lichaa couldnt pass or do anything, so yes its like if your work replaced you with a retard who couldnt do anything, if that happened to me i would have ill felling towards that company for life and think they were shit and thats not even with the public situation of the club releasing to the newspapers that they expect to win 2 premierships in the next 5 years

if im ennis i would take that part extremely personally, like the club thinks they not only wont miss me but that i was the problem and now it will be much better

but justice happened though, ennis won the title and gets to talk as much shit as he wants now because the club is still on its knees

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Ridiculous comparison.

And Ennis should be over it after 7 years.
He won a (granted tainted) Premiership with the Sharks and has a cushy media job now.
He’s sinking the boot in for no good reason.
Maybe because he put his hand up for a spot on a ticket to run for the board and didn’t get it.

Last edited:

Ribo Flavin

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The Bulldogs have hit rock bottom, we have become the joke of the nrl. It is more important for management to run a successful business over achieving the goal of being a dominant force on the field, and competing for premierships. The loyalty from the fans has been abused for too long.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
And there you go again with the retard thing.
You’re a flog lizard man and the rest is irrelevant.
the retard wording is not important to the comparison but i went with it for logic purposes because how else could you know that the worker was obviously less competent than you like lichaa was to ennis?

ok ill fix it up then because everything needs to be perfect for you

thats like if they let you go at your job and then brought in someone to replace you and claimed that the business will be much more successful now, then you found out through conversations with former co-workers that the person replacing you was incompetent and the business failed

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
btw that situation gave Ennis special insight into how dumb the Bulldogs club are, because its a mind boggling dumb decision and the club doubled down on it with Cook

so now that he knows that the club were run into the ground by dumb people, why shouldn't he use that information in his role as commentator? should he lie?

I love the club but if i had a platform like that i would say much worse things

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
the retard wording is not important to the comparison but i went with it for logic purposes because how else could you know that the worker was obviously less competent than you like lichaa was to ennis?

ok ill fix it up then because everything needs to be perfect for you

thats like if they let you go at your job and then brought in someone to replace you and claimed that the business will be much more successful now, then you found out through conversations with former co-workers that the person replacing you was incompetent and the business failed
It is important because there’s no reason for it.
Perfect? No idea how you made that leap.
Just not disrespectful for no reason.
The rest is jibberish.

The truth of the matter is the Dogs offered a 1 year extension to Ennis (for 2015) and he wanted 2 years, which he got at the Sharks. Yes, Hasler believed Liccha was the next generation hooker and he was wrong. Not much different to when Steve Folkes said that Shifty would be better footballer than JT. Everyone has the benefit of hindsight. I’m sure 100% of your predictions have come true, yeah?

The club did NOT publicise ‘2 Premierships by 2019’ - that came from an internal PowerPoint Hasler presented to the board at the time. It was leaked in 2016 (not by him but when) Turvey broke ranks to say the club had ‘lost its DNA’ under Hasler. Yet he had to stand down and Dib re-signed then sacked Hasler the following year. Not retaining Ennis was a drop in the ocean in the scheme of the clubs issues at the time, which we’re still rebounding from today.

At least get your facts straight before you ramble.

Caveman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No doubt he did, he probably still does. But he's still way past NRL level. Ennis brining him up like we made some huge mistake for not signing him is a dogshit take.
Yeh, I'm just sick of the lack of heart our forwards seem to play with.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Never a good look if there is past angst and your dishing out shit but he has some fairly valid points NOT the ones about ex spuds Reynolds and Mbye.. but harsh critique on how we are going is warranted.
Upon more reflection i am in the zero fucks given camp neither for or against him, admittedly i can't stand the EXCESSIVE pre and post match bullshit so have heard only a few digs and they were about playing style/deficiencies etc..

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
It is important because there’s no reason for it.
Perfect? No idea how you made that leap.
Just not disrespectful for no reason.
The rest is jibberish.

The truth of the matter is the Dogs offered a 1 year extension to Ennis (for 2015) and he wanted 2 years, which he got at the Sharks. Yes, Hasler believed Liccha was the next generation hooker and he was wrong. Not much different to when Steve Folkes said that Shifty would be better footballer than JT. Everyone has the benefit of hindsight. I’m sure 100% of your predictions have come true, yeah?

The club did NOT publicise ‘2 Premierships by 2019’ - that came from an internal PowerPoint Hasler presented to the board at the time. It was leaked in 2016 (not by him but when) Turvey broke ranks to say the club had ‘lost its DNA’ under Hasler. Yet he had to stand down and Dib re-signed then sacked Hasler the following year. Not retaining Ennis was a drop in the ocean in the scheme of the clubs issues at the time, which we’re still rebounding from today.

At least get your facts straight before you ramble.
ok now i know why you got offended by the retard word, because you are a retard yourself and dont like that word to be ever used, like how black people dont like to be referred to as black

it is completely unimportant part of the comparison, simply getting replaced is enough to make people resentful, even if the person was more competent, im just trying to make you understand how normal people feel and react to things

trust me that is the situation here, ennis worked his ass off for the club, showed maybe the most passion of all time, the club disrespected him with the lichaa signing and offering ennis a fake 1 year token deal, ennis didnt feel like he deserved to be treated like a 34 year old when he in fact was still 30, so then he signed with Cronulla and won a title for them proving that he was correct

the club released the plan to win 2 titles to the media in that same off season 2014/15, so you should get your facts straight and dont be a piece of shit

(1) Strategic plan - 2 nrl premierships by 2019 | The Kennel Forum

here is a post on the kennel from 2015, the plan had been rolled out even earlier than this but its still earlier than your 2016 bullshit and as you can see it links to the bulldogs official website

if it was released in 2016 then explain how this happened ffs

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Notice how these commentators are scared to say how it really is comps just garbage anasta tried to say something but was real careful with his wording I could tell he was fearful of his pay masters
Spot on. None of them even mention it or how ugly all of the blowouts are. They don't want to bite the hand that feeds them. Instead they wank on about how great the team that wins is and how bad the other team is and don't analyse any reasons why in between. It's a joke. They just toe the company line so as not to piss off Vlandys or Murdoch..

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Never a good look if there is past angst and your dishing out shit but he has some fairly valid points NOT the ones about ex spuds Reynolds and Mbye.. but harsh critique on how we are going is warranted.
Upon more reflection i am in the zero fucks given camp neither for or against him, admittedly i can't stand the EXCESSIVE pre and post match bullshit so have heard only a few digs and they were about playing style/deficiencies etc..
Yes unfortunately we are in a big hole atm where everyone, and everything, immediate past, and present, looks inept and grim.

And there's not a thing we can do about Ennis or any other commentator bagging us, except suck it up (and remember and motivate us).

Ennis probably half right with some things and all wrong with others.

We have some excellent measures for next year in place to alter our destiny and the inevitability that we will strengthen the team for next season with better players.

Until then we have to roll with the inevitable punches, take the mickey on ourselves on here, vent and be realistic with the situation.... can we please get that field goal on Saturday lol.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
FoxSports may as well be Fox News in the US.. They just spew this shit constantly without anything resembling impartiality or reason and sensationally hammer every club they can for being in crisis while slurping the top 4.. Never mind their agendas or actually being constructive as to what the problem is and how to fix it..

And yet still even after another Manly drubbing Ennis and his cronies refuse to apply the same blowtorch to Des and Manly? Interesting...

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Im sure I heard him say the other day, something along these lines

"It was criminal not to sign Benji or even Josh Reynolds" lmao

Every other half decent thing he says just gets thrown out the window when I hear that dogshit.
It was a huge mistake not taking benji when we had the chance. We would look much better than we do now and the season much more exciting. Not to mention he would help take all the pressure of flanno , so I guess he told it like it was.. 100% truth .!!!