Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Hopefully the young man doesn't burn him self out

Benno Bulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well Played..Jackson outstanding debut..looked to be the goods mate and demanded another start ye ha...

Jarrad El Hickey

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was so impressed with him tough circumstances and he played his heart out all game service wasn’t great but that’s to be expected from a 20 year old backrower but I can’t wait to see what the future holds for him

Longtimedog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Hold your head up high Jackson. Great energy and head never dropped despite being part of a horror show on debut, surrounded by blokes many years his senior playing like absolute hacks.

Thrown in the deep end at hooker 5 mins in;
46 tackles
1 missed tackle
56 metres gained
Never stopped trying.

Lock him into the 17 for hopefully the next decade. Great young kid.
I mentioned after Knights NSW Cup game that he could become a good 14 for us. His dummy half passing was a bit scratchy early but he got better as the game went on. Will only improve. I think he may have locked the 14 in for the rest of the year. When JMK comes back we can cover all positions except front row for any injuries with these 2 in the 17.

BlackDawg

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The kid is one of the few in the team that can hold his head high from yesterday's game. Played himself to a standstill in a position he doesnt normally play. I saw the interview with his parents and the kid was all heart exactly like you said he would be.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Not missing a tackle and the desperation and work rate he showed while playing out of position against a premiership contender in a badly beaten team is so impressive.

Topine showed more captaincy material in his debut than Jackson has in five seasons.

I don't want to overhype him or put too big an expectation on him after one game as he'll still have his ups and downs, but he has to be in the 17 every week and should start at lock or an on edge soon to replace Waddell..

It's so great to have a long term keeper from within our juniors! I hope Doorey is next to get given the same opportunity as I think he's capable of adding a lot to the squad too.

Malpass

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
At the start of the year with all the hype I was hoping mid table finish at best.
But now after 4 games I have accepted that we will be in the bottom 2.
Given that we should start blooding a few young guys.give topine more games ,doorey,make sure they persist with Atoni,Ogden they need more nrl games under their belt .
Aaron Schoup if he can be selected. Not sure he doesn't get a mention on the top 30 or development squad.

Yougra

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Not missing a tackle and the desperation and work rate he showed while playing out of position against a premiership contender in a badly beaten team is so impressive.

Topine showed more captaincy material in his debut than Jackson has in five seasons.

I don't want to overhype him or put too big an expectation on him after one game as he'll still have his ups and downs, but he has to be in the 17 every week and should start at lock or an on edge soon to replace Waddell..

It's so great to have a long term keeper from within our juniors! I hope Doorey is next to get given the same opportunity as I think he's capable of adding a lot to the squad too.
Yep agree. He backed up his words pre match and he gave his all when thrown into the game. He definitely has pride in the jersey and he was the only positive from yesterday. Has to be in the squad for the rest of the year to gain invaluable experience

Is still only a kid and still has a fair bit of physical development to go but I can see him becoming a Radley/Cameron Murray style player in physique and skills within a couple of years

What he does have is heart, desire and fire in his belly and that was evident yesterday. You can't coach that

I'm also looking forward to seeing how he develops

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Your efforts lately have been a bit obvious.
I can’t get excited about these kind of players... yeah they work hard, but this bloke works hard because he’s small. Imagine he had the attitude of someone like Atoni.. he wouldn’t be sighted in first grade. Tolman could punch out 200m and still cop it around here.

sifter6

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Excellent debut
But I’m fucking disappointed in the effort his team mates put in for him. Absolutely NONE. Few times he was tired and struggled to get to dummy half... where was his help? Nobody cared. Cannot wait for these flogs to fuck off at the end of the year
Hopefully the flogs are off-loaded before the end of the year like Harding was. Worst 5 years ever!

djdeep4172

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Outstanding young man.
‘I just want to keep going for the boys and get this club back to what it used to be’.
Between juniors like this and some quality buys we will get our mojo back. We could have our 9 already.
Outstanding debut, been calling for him to come into the team for a while now and was impressed with his game today.
Hopefully he can cement himself into the 17 for the rest of the year.
Now to piss off a few others and bring in Doorey and Schoup.
Who are the 6 players by name that Barrett said where good like topine that they had an eye on?

ddt192

The Blue N White Butcher Stripe
Reaction score
Diamond in the rough.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Been saying he should be in our top 17 for 2 seasons now.

TalDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Effort was next level but surely not a 9 the passing was terrible has to be somewhere in the 17