News Matt Burton wants out

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Can someone tell me where this round 3 rumour started?

At training tonight everyone was saying this round 3 crap.

I'd love if it happened but I can't see it.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Blue over Burton continues
With the Bulldogs and Penrith doing battle this weekend, the talk around Matt Burton's future is no doubt going to resurface.

As far as Penrith are concerned, he won’t be leaving this year. The Panthers know they will struggle to win a premiership if Jarome Luai or Nathan Cleary get injured and Burton is in blue and white.
It's why Canterbury even offered to release Burton back to Penrith if they got an injury to their halves, but Penrith were having none of it. You can't blame Canterbury for trying.
All parties are being idiots.
They make it sound like the club is short of halves depth.
They have Tyrone May (ahead of Burton) and taht Jarule Salmon or whatever name he is. What’s the worry?
Also they wanted a prop from us and not a half so what’s tamest also tell you about what they are really worried about?
Not words but actions.

message to Burton:
Just tank!!!

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Can’t help with the source, Isuspect if they were gonna let him go mid season it will be after the 2nd origin, just before june30 That way they can still maintain their “ we care about Matt and his development “ facade and we will have already played them twice this year and they won’t have to see Burton in a dogs jersey tearing the panthers a new one until next year

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
All parties are being idiots.
They make it sound like the club is short of halves depth.
They have Tyrone May (ahead of Burton) and taht Jarule Salmon or whatever name he is. What’s the worry?
Also they wanted a prop from us and not a half so what’s tamest also tell you about what they are really worried about?
Not words but actions.

message to Burton:
Just tank!!!
Hahahaha Jarule Salmon :tearsofjoy:

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Can’t help with the source, Isuspect if they were gonna let him go mid season it will be after the 2nd origin, just before june30 That way they can still maintain their “ we care about Matt and his development “ facade and we will have already played them twice this year and they won’t have to see Burton in a dogs jersey tearing the panthers a new one until next year
If that's all it is then why don't they do what we did with CHN? Write in the contract that he can't play against the Panthers.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If that's all it is then why don't they do what we did with CHN? Write in the contract that he can't play against the Panthers.
That wouldn’t be the only reason,they want to keep him as back up to further their premiership ambitions too. but if they we’re going to release him this year it would definitely a clause in his contract that he doesn’t play us this year.

Malla

Reaction score
My biggest fear is we lose this kid.

He is easily the best junior we have had come through our system since Barba.

And I dont want another Thurstan situation...
I truly believe we won’t have that with Avo.
Avo will be our long term fullback IMO. When Burton comes over this season () I think Baz will move Allen to the wing and Avo at fullback.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Blokes like Hooper have been saying it in the media because we play Penrith in round 2 so logically they didnt want to release him before then. Would be hard for them to take if they released him to us before that and he came out and had a blinder and won us the game.

A few journo's definitely think it will happen but I can honestly see both sides (even though its been done to death on this page). He is too good for reserve grade and for the sake of his future the better thing to do for him personally would be to release him.

But they are right in a premiership window and have the best backup half in the competition on their books. Tyrone May might be in front of him as backup for Luai but Burton is the backup for Cleary.

Either way we need it sorted soon because if aint coming this year we should use that last spot on our roster on a middle forward. Thats where we got pumped on the weekend. Even if Burton played on Friday the scoreline wouldnt have been much different

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Blokes like Hooper have been saying it in the media because we play Penrith in round 2 so logically they didnt want to release him before then. Would be hard for them to take if they released him to us before that and he came out and had a blinder and won us the game.

A few journo's definitely think it will happen but I can honestly see both sides (even though its been done to death on this page). He is too good for reserve grade and for the sake of his future the better thing to do for him personally would be to release him.

But they are right in a premiership window and have the best backup half in the competition on their books. Tyrone May might be in front of him as backup for Luai but Burton is the backup for Cleary.

Either way we need it sorted soon because if aint coming this year we should use that last spot on our roster on a middle forward. Thats where we got pumped on the weekend. Even if Burton played on Friday the scoreline wouldnt have been much different
I think its because once the comp started u can drop someone out the 30 without replacing them
besides that i cant see the logic

ATT

Kennel Established
Reaction score
This is 81 pages of speculation and click bate for the media. In all honesty it doesn’t look like he coming this year. So we need to concentrate on what we have and hope it improves from the knights game. Avo needs to run more and more bodies in motion for the whole game. Defence needs to be commited and get up off the line.