How much longer can we carry Hopa?

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
It’s not about being right or wrong per se, more about showing all the all factors that lead to the outcome.
Our excessive tiredness due to lack of possession was a big factor also. Caused by our poor handling and the work cuntmins the worlds shittest most diabolical referee since the advent of adjudication.
That's why I said "valid point" :grinning:

kungfuman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He will be at Manly next year unless Des gets sacked which could be on the cards!

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sad to say but we might be in for another lean few years.
WE had a big clean out at the beginning of 2021, now we need an even bigger cleanout end of 2021.
We have to let go of big money plodders, Napa, Hoppa DWZ, JJ, and two are going to be with us for while., and their might be others on big money who are not preforming.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Sad to say but we might be in for another lean few years.
WE had a big clean out at the beginning of 2021, now we need an even bigger cleanout end of 2021.
We have to let go of big money plodders, Napa, Hoppa DWZ, JJ, and two are going to be with us for while., and their might be others on big money who are not preforming.
It sounds harsh but that's the reality.

No team can carry players on the wane. Every player has to contribute towards that win...the opposition don't have plodders.

FZ1-S

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Hoppa looked poor the other night and I think this will be his last season with us. In saying that, the suggrstion of putting Schoupp in between DWZ and Flanno will leak thousands of points.

Hoppa has been a good player for the dogs for many years, but has never played consistently well at centre.
Or Fullback.

gazza

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
There should not be too many of those coming off contract still around next year. Hoppa first to go. Has done very little the whole time he has bee with the team. Can’t run fast and can’t bust the line; his defence is poor and always has been. A nightmare for the wingers outside him in defence. Almost always the poor winger ends up having to mark two players due to Hoppas poor tackling ability and unwillingness to commit.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
There should not be too many of those coming off contract still around next year. Hoppa first to go. Has done very little the whole time he has bee with the team. Can’t run fast and can’t bust the line; his defence is poor and always has been. A nightmare for the wingers outside him in defence. Almost always the poor winger ends up having to mark two players due to Hoppas poor tackling ability and unwillingness to commit.
Its been like that for a while now. Time to bite the bullet.

Dog gone

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
It sounds harsh but that's the reality.

No team can carry players on the wane. Every player has to contribute towards that win...the opposition don't have plodders.
Im probably going to get roasted on here but i think its time we got rid of jackson not only as captain but all together he just isnt cutting it in attack or defence ,he looked past it on friday night and in general not interested

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Im probably going to get roasted on here but i think its time we got rid of jackson not only as captain but all together he just isnt cutting it in attack or defence ,he looked past it on friday night and in general not interested
Oh shit they had a go at me for Meaney.

I'm not saying anything about Jacko :grinning:

Except he might come good when they get their defence organised and Maria's point about how demoralizing it must be to be continually canned by refs. There's little he can do and it's been happening the whole time he's been captain.

TroopSalute

Kennel Participant
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
I know how you feel and don't think you'll get roasted but there is still a place for Jacko in the team, we just don't have the depth or level of experience to make such a move this early on.

I believe he's a great leader and respected amongst his peers but he appears to be not as vocal as other captains, nice to see more from him.

Jacko and Hoppa are also the only two members in our squad who qualify for the $200k veterans allowance and I'd rather see an uninterested Hoppa gone than Jacko who has been trying he's bloody best in difficult times...no easy feat.

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
does nobody understand experience matters. Everyone wants Hoppa, Napa and DWZ gone, but our only experienced players other then them are RFM and Jacko. We need to keep them
What is experience worth to a team if the experienced players are playing worse that the less experienced?

Listen to the presser of Todd Payten on the weekend regarding Jason Taumololo. It was one of the best and most brutally honest assessments of an experienced player one coach could say. He basically pointed out JT was lazy in defence and it effected the team while everyone bases JT's performances on his run metres and don't see the little thing in his game that wasn't up to scratch. Cudos to Payten for having the balls to call out his captain and most experienced player not to mention his biggest salary earner at the Cowboy's.

There are 1%'s that are vital in a team to win and if the experienced players can't lead by example then the less experienced have no one to learn off and fall into bad habits. Unfortunately it's the case with us and players such as Hoppa unfortunately have to go.

Last edited:
Reactions: GDR