U.S. Politics

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

DONALD TRUMP
After acquitting Trump, McConnell slams him for a 'disgraceful dereliction of duty'
House Speaker Nancy Pelosi called the Senate Republican leader's remarks "pathetic."
Image: Impeachment trial of former U.S. President Trump concludes in Washington

Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell speaks about former President Donald Trump immediately after the Senate voted to acquit Trump on Feb. 13, 2021.Senate TV via Reuters

Feb. 14, 2021, 9:39 AM AEDT
By Sahil Kapur
WASHINGTON — Moments after voting to acquit Donald Trump, Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell gave a speech excoriating the former president for a "disgraceful dereliction of duty" and said he holds him responsible for "provoking" the Jan. 6 siege of the Capitol.
McConnell was among the 43 Republicans who voted that Trump was "not guilty" on the charge of incitement of insurrection.

"There's no question, none, that President Trump is practically and morally responsible for provoking the events of the day. No question about it," the Kentucky Republican said Saturday. "The people who stormed this building believed they were acting on the wishes and instructions of their president."
"And having that belief was a foreseeable consequence of the growing crescendo of false statements, conspiracy theories and reckless hyperbole which the defeated president kept shouting into the largest megaphone on planet earth," he continued.

I think that says it all. again no fault on democrats this is completely on the republicans. The democrats should now use this as not allowing any compromise what so ever with the republicans. The republicans showed their level of compromise 2nd term of Obamas presidency.

Trumps defence lawyers put up an absolutely shit defence, theres no ifs or buts in regards to this
The many faces of Mitch with conservative cowardice on show for all to see.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
The many faces of Mitch with conservative cowardice on show for all to see.
Him and Kevin McCarthy and the rest.

No honour at all.

Say one thing today.

Say the opposite tomorrow.

You just can't believe the duplicity of these Republicans. Where appears to be no level of deception they won't stoop to.

So Trump says he's only just begun to take over the party.

Over a 140 centre right disgusted (R) have met to discuss a 3rd party.

R Senators have just voted to not convict so therefore have handed over the whole party machine and infrastructure to Trump and the ones with a duty to their country before Trump have to start afresh to establish a new party or wing within.

Only in Murika.

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Him and Kevin McCarthy and the rest.

No honour at all.

Say one thing today.

Say the opposite tomorrow.

You just can't believe the duplicity of these Republicans. Where appears to be no level of deception they won't stoop to.

So Trump says he's only just begun to take over the party.

Over a 140 centre right disgusted (R) have met to discuss a 3rd party.

R Senators have just voted to not convict so therefore have handed over the whole party machine and infrastructure to Trump and the ones with a duty to their country before Trump have to start afresh to establish a new party or wing within.

Only in Murika.
I've said it before their entire political system has been corrupted over decades and this proves it. America look like a joke to the rest of the world and so they should. They can no longer moralise to the anyone.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I've said it before their entire political system has been corrupted over decades and this proves it. America look like a joke to the rest of the world and so they should. They can no longer moralise to the anyone.
So true.

Getting on my soapbox again...but...it's Murdoch that has enabled Trump and fashioned the bs about draining the swamp and I also point to the fundamentalist evangelists who got behind him as their chosen one and brainwashed their base.

We have too many of that type of conservative, profiteer evangelists Hillsong type new religion devotees in Govt too IMO.

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So true.

Getting on my soapbox again...but...it's Murdoch that has enabled Trump and fashioned the bs about draining the swamp and I also point to the fundamentalist evangelists who got behind him as their chosen one and brainwashed their base.

We have too many of that type of conservative, profiteer evangelists Hillsong type new religion devotees in Govt too IMO.
Case in point Craig Kelly. It was not that long ago he would have been dumped sprouting his retarded bullshit, but now it's called a diversity of opinion. As a species I sometimes think we are getting stupider with each generation.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
There's one key factor to keep in mind when it comes to Trump running again. He cannot run for President unless the Republican party nominate him. He burned so many bridges with the Republican party that it's highly unlikely the Republicans will ever let him get close to nomination.

That said, there is one factor. If 20-30 million Republican voters signed a petition stating that they will vote Democrat if Trump isn't nominated, then they'll effectively hold the Republican party hostage and the Republicans may be forced to nominate him.

That's the problem when the elections are a popularity contest.
Who can't imagine Trump asking the Trumpsters to do just that lol

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Unlikely. McConnell put it well in his closing speech. Trump didn't do enough for all the Republicans to vote him to be impeached, but he did enough that very few Republicans will ever support him again.

He'll attempt to run next election but he'll have very little support. I honestly think Pence will be the lead candidate next time. I don't like the guy and hate most of his policies, but there's no denying that he handled the Trump situation perfectly. He just blocked him and ignored him all while asking the American people to calm down and trust the democratic process.
Don't you think Pence has been greatly diminished in all of this?

He stuck by Trump and made himself look like a lap dog and so second rate in the process, always the short nodding inconsequential guy in the background clapping on Trump?

Then Trump dumps on him, insults him, calls his pride into question, sends a riot crowd to voice their opinion of him and they chant and erect a gallows for him. Trumps mob seek out his office and he barely escapes with some of his family.

He hasn't been seen of any consequence since.

I'd say he is done. Trump won't let him get nominated and the base blame him.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Don't you think Pence has been greatly diminished in all of this?

He stuck by Trump and made himself look like a lap dog and so second rate in the process, always the short nodding inconsequential guy in the background clapping on Trump?

Then Trump dumps on him, insults him, calls his pride into question, sends a riot crowd to voice their opinion of him and they chant and erect a gallows for him. Trumps mob seek out his office and he barely escapes with some of his family.

He hasn't been seen of any consequence since.

I'd say he is done. Trump won't let him get nominated and the base blame him.
I think Pence came out looking better to many long time Conservatives as he acted like a good politician. Gracious in defeat and didn't get into a slinging match with Trump.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I think Pence came out looking better to many long time Conservatives as he acted like a good politician. Gracious in defeat and didn't get into a slinging match with Trump.
True but it's now Trumps party by the looks.

Cant see it....unless he flies down to MaroLago to grovel as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.