News Matt Burton wants out

KLil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Maybe if he gets a lot fitter....but assuming he does, what happens if he gets injured? Not to mention the fact we are without Thompson to start the season.

Rosters need depth in key positions. There is no logical reason to give Penrith Napa and leave ourselves short up front.

Napa hardly punches out big mins and if he does there is near zero quality there....

Depth? Atoni/Stimson/Doorey/Wadell/Kalache/Roumanos/Britt/Smith.... Depth. AND can always just sign another forward on peanuts if need be.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Probably.... but having depth and options is a much better place to be in than not being able to field a solid team.
Agree.
For example with this line up someone still misses out... It seems logical that Averillo will be the one lost imo as he wants to play in the spine. Who knows how it will play out in a year or two but it's going to be interesting to watch it unfold... Maybe he knocks off Allan who knows.
1. Allan
2. Cotric
3. Alomati
4. Schoupp
5. Addo-Carr

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Agree.
For example with this line up someone still misses out... It seems logical that Averillo will be the one lost imo as he wants to play in the spine. Who knows how it will play out in a year or two but it's going to be interesting to watch it unfold... Maybe he knocks off Allan who knows.
1. Allan
2. Cotric
3. Alomati
4. Schoupp
5. Addo-Carr
I saw Schoupp training in the backrow lol.

maltalian_dog

DESeption
Reaction score
It's been interesting reading from the other side. It's very clear how much it means to everyone.
It means alot more for us because we don't have first grade halves without Burton.. Penrith on the other hand are flush and that's a great problem to have. losing Burton is far less problematic for you than it is not bringing him over a year early for us.

Oldpanther

Kennel Established
Reaction score
It means alot more for us because we don't have first grade halves without Burton.. Penrith on the other hand are flush and that's a great problem to have. losing Burton is far less problematic for you than it is not bringing him over a year early for us.
Without a doubt. It's understandable why you'd want him so much. Anyone would in your situation. We are in a position to compete for a premiership so the club is being a bit more ruthless. If Burton is here he most likely plays during origin and an injury or 2 and he plays finals or possibly a GF.

Oldpanther

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Welcome back.
It seems your coach has plenty, but maybe not in blue and white. Would you mind passing him this from Bulldogs fans? Thanks :-).
View attachment 21128

I'll get it to him ASAP.

Jokes aside I don't think Panthers are upset. Just trying to juggle the cap and stay competitive while not being the Roosters is tough.

KLil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
That would be ideal, never saw the appeal in Roumanos.
Roumanos is very very raw... Been playing above his weight and age the last couple of years. Now he is 21 moving onto 22 we should see what he really has to offer.

berries1935

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I understand Penrith wanting a swap deal. Even though Napa hasn’t performed for us to what we expected he is still a state of origin player. We are asking for a guy who has played 10 first grade games. Like for like that’s all. I’d be rejecting that as well

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe it's just me but in the 2 years that Napa has played for us I can only recall him playing 1 good game. I can't remember the opposition but it was a day time game and he scored a try. The only other good game I recall is when he smashed the Burgess brothers while he was at the Roosters

Every other player, even the crap ones, usually have a few good games a year. Thomposon, Atoni, Ogden all had a few good games last year but I can't recall Napa having even one. Maybe I'm just so biased against him because he used to be a Rooster and he's a Justin Beiber groupie that I don't recall his good games and that I don't see his supposed talent.

IMO he is such a forgettable player that I dont even notice when he's in the 17 let alone on the field

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I honestly believe at least one of them will become a strike back rower
Depends how long they’re willing to wait.
With Jacko and Herb on new 3 year deals and RFM/Doorey on new 2 year deals it’s that much harder but there’s also Smith, Britt and Atoni off contract end of this year so if they state their case...

ChimpNugget

Waterboy
Reaction score
Maybe it's just me but in the 2 years that Napa has played for us I can only recall him playing 1 good game. I can't remember the opposition but it was a day time game and he scored a try. The only other good game I recall is when he smashed the Burgess brothers while he was at the Roosters

Every other player, even the crap ones, usually have a few good games a year. Thomposon, Atoni, Ogden all had a few good games last year but I can't recall Napa having even one. Maybe I'm just so biased against him because he used to be a Rooster and he's a Justin Beiber groupie that I don't recall his good games and that I don't see his supposed talent.

IMO he is such a forgettable player that I dont even notice when he's in the 17 let alone on the field
Was it that game against Tigers at Campbelltown? Nick Meaney streaked away and we scored a long field try?

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Was it that game against Tigers at Campbelltown? Nick Meaney streaked away and we scored a long field try?
No idea mate but it was the only time he impressed me.
It's weird because I remember him playing well that day but I don't remember the opposition.

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
It's been interesting reading from the other side. It's very clear how much it means to everyone.
Welcome back, out of curiosity, if a trade was to occur, what Bulldogs player do you think would get the deal across the line?