Mitchell Pearce wedding to Kristin Scott called off over text message scandal

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
agreed... read out a paragraph prepared for him by the club, took no questions, and simply walked off as quick as possible and left his coach to field questions... weak

and all the media spoke of was Pearce's emotional breakdown and that he was standing down from/stripped of the captaincy and not whether it was a sufficient response, whether Pearce had faced the fire his misbehaviour had brought on, why he lied about it being Covid related etc.
Considering he just about stated that the media were lying about the reason for the cancellation...well that was pretty much a good indicator that he only did what the club told him to do. Then the media goes into bat for poor old Mitchell and makes the club look like they have believed his story and that we should all feel sorry for him. 180 degree turn around....The old chestnut " Nothing to see here>>>"

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Can't say as I have used that particular Jim's franchise, but I have recommended this one of Jim's services;

View attachment 20518

Go Dogs
My intial thought was that I'd like to apply for this particular branch of a Jims franchise. But I ran my own mowing business on weekends while I was at Uni. I know that you could get some truly horrendous mowing jobs where people had done zero maintenance for numerous months/years. I'd hate to wind up with the equivalent here. I think I'll steer clear of this franchise.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Whats the latest goss is he still ploughing her or what? the pending wife not the sext babe :laughing:

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Pearce heading for immediate thumb surgery.

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Knights teammate says he’s ‘moved on’ after ‘traumatic’ Mitchell Pearce sexting scandal
NRL PREMIERSHIP
  • January 28, 2021 6:37am
  • by JAMES MATTHEY
  • Source: news.com.au

• Buderus: New leaders 'suit the club'

Buderus: New leaders 'suit the club'
    0:43

Newcastle star Lachlan Fitzgibbon has buried the hatchet with teammate Mitchell Pearce after the playmaker cancelled his wedding last year because of flirty text messages between himself and a Knights club employee.
    Pearce pulled the plug on his nuptials with fiancee Kristin Scott just days before the ceremony was due to take place on December 29 after alleged inappropriate text messages emerged between himself and a young female club employee — who was also in a relationship at the time.
    Kayo is your ticket to the best sport streaming Live & On-Demand. New to Kayo? Get your 14-day free trial & start streaming instantly >
    Pearce and Scott were due to get married in Byron Bay in front of 150 family and friends and while the footy star initially claimed the decision to cancel was due to COVID-19 restrictions, it was soon revealed the text message exchange was to blame.
    Round 1

Fitzgibbon is a close friend of the boyfriend of the club staffer and was reportedly furious at Pearce’s actions.
    But the back-rower, who admitted he was “angry” when the scandal erupted, said he has “moved on” and is playing nice with Pearce as the Knights hit the training paddock ahead of the new season.
    “We are a family here at the Knights and you don’t throw one of your family out,” Fitzgibbon said, per the Newcastle Herald.
    Knights head of football Danny Buderus said earlier this month Pearce would need to address the incident with his teammates to ensure it didn’t become a lingering issue within the side.
    “It definitely needs to be addressed (immediately) when he comes back … otherwise it can fester among the group,” Buderus said. “Something needs to be said and once it’s said we can all move on.”

Pearce and Fitzgibbon were seen laughing together at a pre-season photo shoot this week, suggesting the pair have kissed and made up and easing concerns about a lasting fallout from the ugly relationship drama.
    Pearce and Scott’s wedding was thrown into disarray.
    Pearce and Scott’s wedding was thrown into disarray.Source: Supplied
    Fitzgibbon was reportedly furious with Pearce because he is friends with the Newcastle staffer’s boyfriend.
    Fitzgibbon was reportedly furious with Pearce because he is friends with the Newcastle staffer’s boyfriend.Source: Getty Images
    Pearce has vanished from Scott’s Instagram page in the wake of the controversy, ending her desire for publicly sharing photos cuddled up with the former Roosters star.
    While Scott has shared photos on her account celebrating her 29th birthday, Christmas and New Year’s — Pearce has not been spotted in any of them. Pearce has also deleted his own Instagram account.
    The star No. 7 said last month he and Scott were “sorting things out” — but her Instagram cleanse has led to speculation the couple’s relationship is now over after the messy, public nature of the scandal.
    Pearce earlier described the way the saga played out publicly as “traumatic”, as he stepped down from his role as captain.
    “For me it’s been a traumatic few weeks for my personal life and those I love,” he said earlier this month. “Unfortunately my actions have impacted the team and more importantly the people I have closest to me, Kristin and my family.
    “I’m taking steps now to address these issues and for me to step down as captain this season.
    “I love this club and I love my family and I’m committed to working as hard as I can to be the best man I can be both on and off the field.
    “I appreciate a bit of respect moving forward and some time to get back to training.”
    The couple in happier times.
    The couple in happier times.Source: Supplied
    Newcastle has since announced a five-man leadership group to replace Pearce as captain, including Mitch Barnett, Kalyn Ponga, Daniel Saifiti, Blake Green and Jayden Brailey.
    Meanwhile, the Knights announced on Wednesday Pearce was undergoing surgery on his thumb after injuring the digit at training last week.
    However, he is not expected to miss any football and will be available for selection for the Knights’ Round 1 clash against the Bulldogs on March 12.

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Knights teammate says he’s ‘moved on’ after ‘traumatic’ Mitchell Pearce sexting scandal
NRL PREMIERSHIP
  • January 28, 2021 6:37am
  • by JAMES MATTHEY
  • Source: news.com.au

• Buderus: New leaders 'suit the club''suit the club'

Buderus: New leaders 'suit the club'
    0:43

Newcastle star Lachlan Fitzgibbon has buried the hatchet with teammate Mitchell Pearce after the playmaker cancelled his wedding last year because of flirty text messages between himself and a Knights club employee.
    Pearce pulled the plug on his nuptials with fiancee Kristin Scott just days before the ceremony was due to take place on December 29 after alleged inappropriate text messages emerged between himself and a young female club employee — who was also in a relationship at the time.
    Kayo is your ticket to the best sport streaming Live & On-Demand. New to Kayo? Get your 14-day free trial & start streaming instantly >
    Pearce and Scott were due to get married in Byron Bay in front of 150 family and friends and while the footy star initially claimed the decision to cancel was due to COVID-19 restrictions, it was soon revealed the text message exchange was to blame.
    Round 1

Fitzgibbon is a close friend of the boyfriend of the club staffer and was reportedly furious at Pearce’s actions.
    But the back-rower, who admitted he was “angry” when the scandal erupted, said he has “moved on” and is playing nice with Pearce as the Knights hit the training paddock ahead of the new season.
    “We are a family here at the Knights and you don’t throw one of your family out,” Fitzgibbon said, per the Newcastle Herald.
    Knights head of football Danny Buderus said earlier this month Pearce would need to address the incident with his teammates to ensure it didn’t become a lingering issue within the side.
    “It definitely needs to be addressed (immediately) when he comes back … otherwise it can fester among the group,” Buderus said. “Something needs to be said and once it’s said we can all move on.”

Pearce and Fitzgibbon were seen laughing together at a pre-season photo shoot this week, suggesting the pair have kissed and made up and easing concerns about a lasting fallout from the ugly relationship drama.
    Pearce and Scott’s wedding was thrown into disarray.
    Pearce and Scott’s wedding was thrown into disarray.Source: Supplied
    Fitzgibbon was reportedly furious with Pearce because he is friends with the Newcastle staffer’s boyfriend.
    Fitzgibbon was reportedly furious with Pearce because he is friends with the Newcastle staffer’s boyfriend.Source: Getty Images
    Pearce has vanished from Scott’s Instagram page in the wake of the controversy, ending her desire for publicly sharing photos cuddled up with the former Roosters star.
    While Scott has shared photos on her account celebrating her 29th birthday, Christmas and New Year’s — Pearce has not been spotted in any of them. Pearce has also deleted his own Instagram account.
    The star No. 7 said last month he and Scott were “sorting things out” — but her Instagram cleanse has led to speculation the couple’s relationship is now over after the messy, public nature of the scandal.
    Pearce earlier described the way the saga played out publicly as “traumatic”, as he stepped down from his role as captain.
    “For me it’s been a traumatic few weeks for my personal life and those I love,” he said earlier this month. “Unfortunately my actions have impacted the team and more importantly the people I have closest to me, Kristin and my family.
    “I’m taking steps now to address these issues and for me to step down as captain this season.
    “I love this club and I love my family and I’m committed to working as hard as I can to be the best man I can be both on and off the field.
    “I appreciate a bit of respect moving forward and some time to get back to training.”
    The couple in happier times.
    The couple in happier times.Source: Supplied
    Newcastle has since announced a five-man leadership group to replace Pearce as captain, including Mitch Barnett, Kalyn Ponga, Daniel Saifiti, Blake Green and Jayden Brailey.
    Meanwhile, the Knights announced on Wednesday Pearce was undergoing surgery on his thumb after injuring the digit at training last week.
    However, he is not expected to miss any football and will be available for selection for the Knights’ Round 1 clash against the Bulldogs on March 12.
Hilarious, "we're family here .... etc " sounds like those words came directly from a Knights staffer who told Fitzgibbon to get over it, Pearce is not going anywhere and you have to play in the same team.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think in a “manner” Fitzgibbon have been told to stfu considering his change to suddenly saying “we’re family” LOLLL
Fitzgibbon to the boyfriend : Don't worry mate, Pearce is a ****, I'm going to create a rift amongst the playing group till he f*cks off.

Knights admin: Hi Fitz, you enjoy playing NRL?

Fitzgibbon : We're family...

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
In other Knights news Klemmer was snobbed from the leadership group, the former Kangaroo's prop said they can stick their labels as he knows his job and he puts his best foot forward every week.