Official Andrew Hill quits

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hill seemed a bit weak and inadequate after some of the other CEOs we've had but maybe that was Lynne's fault. Would prefer someone who seems more like a proactive leader though with new ideas and good business connections. Hill seemed more like a follower and without connections. I just hope the club doesn't appoint a female. Would be difficult to trust a woman in a major role again following Lynne and Raelene

Last edited:

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
His contract was up in early December and I haven't seen the position advertised (it was last time). So they were either hoping that he would stick around or they have someone else lined up.

Go Dogs

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Todd or Gallop lol

Reactions: DT

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
yeh well hopefully the new chief will be good for us and continue with the momentum we have been gathering the past few months..these executive fuckers aren't loyal though usually all of them pissoff anywhere for a better $$$...

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not too surprising and can’t see it being his choice. Just hope it doesn’t derail the momentum we had moving forward.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Considering the upheaval around him it’s surprising he lasted 3 years. If you have that much change around you it’s pretty hard not to have some level of baggage with attachments to people that have left. That’s not a slight on Hill by the way just more of a comment about the state of the administration over the last 3 years.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Does anyone know what Andrew Hills salary was while incharge of the Bulldogs ?

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
That's a real shame. He was doing a great job!

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
That's a real shame. He was doing a great job!
I thought as soon as the shackles were taken off from the previous incompetent board that he was doing really well.

Maybe theres something we arent seeing or maybe he was loyal to them and waiting for his contract to expire? Risky time to be in the C level sports employment market so you'd think he has something lined up?

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
I thought as soon as the shackles were taken off from the previous incompetent board that he was doing really well.

Maybe theres something we arent seeing or maybe he was loyal to them and waiting for his contract to expire? Risky time to be in the C level sports employment market so you'd think he has something lined up?
Yeah, can only wait and see, I guess.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score

From Hill’s point of view he wouldn’t have a better time of smelling like roses. He’s guided the club through a board mine field and Covid then come out the other side with a very decent side on paper, new major sponsor and stability in the club.

I’m not saying he did it all on his own but he’s the only one that has been here the whole time. If he sticks around and it all goes pear shaped this year for some reason he’s back at square one and starting again.

I’d be very surprised if he doesn’t have something else lined up.