On that Laundy Money

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
View attachment 20083

Thommo on that Laundy money now.

Barrett has been given alot of praise for the continued roster overhaul (and rightly so), but my belief is that Arthur Laundy and son may be an even bigger contributor to getting the signatures on the board.
I dont have inside knowledge regarding player salaries but the reported figures of our recent signings is at or below market value. I can only imagine that a hands on approach from people in the money and sage financial advice from the Laundy's has gone a long way to securing quality players at reasonable prices.
Dont need to explain the knock on effect of value for money signings but if we continue in this fashion we will be a force again before too long.

Hip hip hooray for the Laundy's we should be thankful that we have had some outside influence with the best interest of our club at heart, step up and make a commitment to growth and success.

We have been paying overs for years, I dont want to elaborate or insult players but we have been taken for a ride for quite a few years now.
Well strap in kennelers because we are the club thats about to start riding this competition once again.

Extra praise for stepping up when we needed it the most and not waiting until we turned the corner and jumping on the band wagon.
Only if you know the truth...
Looking in from the the outside I don't blame you for imagining it is the Laundys or whoever but in time everyone will know the truth
all the truth and nothing but the truth !!!
Say no more :nomouth::nomouth::nomouth:

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I wonder if some of the talk of walking away has been deliberate. If the Laundy's are helping us out then right now they're not doing it as an official sponsor which makes it the ideal 3rd part agreement that doesn't count under the cap.
The Laundy's financial contribution...
2020........Zero
2021........$500k front jersey sponsor, my opinion half of what it is worth.
2022........$500k front jersey sponsor, I think it's not confirmed

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
When we signed Thompson I know the Laundy's paid 100K in TPAs but when they decided to become our major sponsor they had to withdraw it. I'm unsure how the 100K was replaced and by who. I'm also unsure if they have actually paid the sponsorship dollars yet. I would think so though. I do also know that Arthur was involved in negotiations with Matt Burton's family offering to be a mentor in future and Arthur was involved in Adam Elliott's re-signing and perhaps dealing with other players we've signed (I very much doubt brown paper bags though). Him offering to help players with advice on real estate investments in future can only help us in negotiations. Someone worth $830M would certainly grab the attention of ANY player. All players need to be well set up for life after footy.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I don’t think Laundy is really having that big of an effect on recruiting just yet. For mine it’s having a full cap and Tbaz being able to sell the joint better than a dodgy second hand car dealer with those potential players taking it hook line and sinker. Getting that first domino (Cotric) to fall was huge and now others are following. We are well on the way to being a destination club again.
Interesting way of putting it :grinning:
People will be amazingly surprised when the truth is revealed :nomouth:

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
When we signed Thompson I know the Laundy's paid 100K in TPAs but when they decided to become our major sponsor they had to withdraw it. I'm unsure how the 100K was replaced and by who. I'm also unsure if they have actually paid the sponsorship dollars yet. I would think so though. I do also know that Arthur was involved in negotiations with Matt Burton's family offering to be a mentor in future and Arthur was involved in Adam Elliott's re-signing and perhaps dealing with other players we've signed (I very much doubt brown paper bags though). Him offering to help players with advice on real estate investments in future can only help us in negotiations. Someone worth $830M would certainly grab the attention of ANY player. All players need to be well set up for life after footy.
We all know if you are a sponsor you can't offer a TPA
Legally the Laundys can only offer financial advice being a sponsor, they can be a great asset in this field...are they ?

Apercots

Kennel Established
Gilded
Reaction score
We all know if you are a sponsor you can't offer a TPA
Legally the Laundys can only offer financial advice being a sponsor, they can be a great asset in this field...are they ?
Go on then

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Only if you know the truth...
Looking in from the the outside I don't blame you for imagining it is the Laundys or whoever but in time everyone will know the truth
all the truth and nothing but the truth !!!
Say no more :nomouth::nomouth::nomouth:
J.K?

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
@D- voice

When, and under what circumstances, can fans and supporters expect to find out the truth about the Laundy sponsorship?

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
D-voice I should know better than to read your cryptic posts ;) I start out knowing nothing and at the end I'm left with nothing :grinning:

D_voice this ones for you Shaddap You Face :grinning:

I promise V, when the time is right I will reveal more :grinning:

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I got no inside info on what goes on at our club financially behind the scenes.

But what I do know is that when you are in a position of "Financial Power" you have the ability to have "Financial Power" which can be manipulated directly Or indirectly through the benefits & the business relationships that have been forged through the success of your "Financial Power" - Just like Uncle Nick at the Roosters.

Once again
Thank You "UNCLE ARTHUR".

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
It's no secret
2020 freeeeee
2021 $500 k
2022 $500 k with some uncertainty
Well I was alluding to the
information you say you will release when the time is right actually.

I can't understand your motivation for being so provocative and secretive is all, by throwing out tit bits of innuendo :(