Official Corey Allan signs 3 year deal with Bulldogs

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hughes and Munster did not kill it at fullback. Otherwise they would have remained there. Papenhuyzen on the other hand did kill it with his best attribute being his speed. I say that speed is a must for the modern day fullback. Look at the best, Tedesco, Tom T, all possess lightning speed. Maybe just me, but I don’t rate Gutherson at all
Mate parra without gutherson,would’ve been ultra shit,he was their best by a country mile,I would take him any day,he would be sensational in blue and white.

Ant2611

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We're not criticising his speed, we're criticising the people claiming he's fast. He's not.
Yep Beast he never said he was fast... Remis said that Remis was the fastest in league. Pity he was to lazy to use it. I dont think this bloke is lazy.....

foREVerA7X

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Hughes and Munster did not kill it at fullback. Otherwise they would have remained there. Papenhuyzen on the other hand did kill it with his best attribute being his speed. I say that speed is a must for the modern day fullback. Look at the best, Tedesco, Tom T, all possess lightning speed. Maybe just me, but I don’t rate Gutherson at all
Hit the nail on the head there. Speed and support play is the most valuable attribute of a FB in today's game.

Remove Tabascos ability to support and his pace and you have Gutho 2.0 in sense of tonne of hit ups and metres gained whoopppeee

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Well done trent management ,recruitment and board for that matter, not that long ago i was worried whete we were headed as a club,with the ousting of certain members of the board etc ,and the infighting within the factions,but look whats happened with change, new board, new coach,new player managent and coaching staff, = a team and club that all of a sudden is atractive to quality players again, i take my hat off to the club in general for having a go and throwing causion to the wind and trusting in trent, i think we are definately on the up and i dont think we've finished signing players yet either, dont no where well finish but i think possibly 10th or better
Exactly!!!

Thank God the members forced it and got rid of the people Who where destroying us from the inside and only focused on bettering themselves and the poor coach who was completely out of his depth.

Go dogs!

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It all happened in four days': Instant attraction for Allan at Bulldogs

Corey Allan needed just one meeting with Bulldogs coach Trent Barrett to convince him to quit South Sydney and try his luck at nailing down the Canterbury No.1 jersey.
Allan met Barrett last Wednesday, accepted a three-year deal on Thursday, informed his Souths teammates of the news on Friday before eventually locating Belmore on his map to begin life as a Bulldog on Monday.
Corey Allan departs Belmore on his first day as a Dog.

Corey Allan departs Belmore on his first day as a Dog.CREDIT:JESSICA HROMAS/SMH
The 22-year-old, who was cut loose by Wayne Bennett at Brisbane, was given the supercoach's blessing this time to join the Dogs due to the depth in the outside backs at Redfern.
Allan knew he would have struggled to bump Latrell Mitchell from the Souths' No.1 jersey, and will give it his all to nail down the Canterbury custodian role, a position Will Hopoate has had to keep returning to in recent years.

Allan's departure will pave the way for Penrith flyer Josh Mansour to sign a two-year deal at Souths by the end of the week. There was a report on Monday that Souths were keen to swoop on Wests Tigers favourite David Nofoaluma, but the preference is former Souths junior Mansour.
After completing his first session at Canterbury on a balmy summer's day, Allan told the Herald he was immediately won over by Barrett.
Corey Allan training with the Bulldogs.

Corey Allan training with the Bulldogs.CREDIT:CANTERBURY BANKSTOWN BULLDOGS
"It all happened in the space of about four days,'' Allan said. "I got a call from my manager Sam [Ayoub] on the Tuesday, I met 'Baz' on the Wednesday, and I told the Souths boys on the Friday.
"Baz said he really wanted to have me, he knew he could improve my game and how it was a good opportunity for me. I felt he was being really genuine. He's quite involved, he's young, excited and I'm intrigued to see what happens.

"Obviously I want to play fullback, that's my goal. I won't be too picky about where I play, but I am most comfortable [at fullback].
"Wayne wants the best for his players, he's always been good to me. He told me the truth, he said Latrell is here, I deserve to be playing first grade, and if I can find somewhere else he'll happily release me because he wants the best for me.''
Allan, who made his Maroons debut late last year, still struggles getting around Sydney and almost got lost heading to the south-western suburbs.
He made a point of not thinking about where he was going to fit into Bennett's back-line plans. Mitchell, Campbell Graham, Alex Johnston, Dane Gagai, Braidon Burns, Steven Marsters and even Tautau Moga are all on the payroll.
Allan was understood to be on about $350,000 this year, and received an upgrade at the Dogs.

Barrett's strike rate at nailing down players has continued. Allan joins Kyle Flanagan, Nick Cotric and Jack Hetherington, along with Josh Addo-Carr who arrives in 2022.
Souths praised Allan, who did a solid job at fullback once Mitchell broke down with a hamstring tear in the run home to the finals.
"Corey has done a great job for our club over the past two seasons and he goes to his new club knowing he has the respect of everyone at Souths," club football manager Mark Ellison said.
"His preferred position - and his best position - is fullback and the opportunity to play in that position on a regular basis is not there with us.

"He feels he will have a better opportunity to play fullback at his new club, on an extended and improved deal than that which he had with us. We felt it would be unfair to stand in the way of Corey progressing his career somewhere else, he will always be a Rabbitoh, and we wish him and his partner Teigan all the best for the future.''

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Wayne wants the best for his players, he's always been good to me. He told me the truth, he said Latrell is here, I deserve to be playing first grade, and if I can find somewhere else he'll happily release me because he wants the best for me.''
Credit to Wayne bennet, he actually does care for his players and easy to see why players are so loyal to him

Cujo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mate parra without gutherson,would’ve been ultra shit,he was their best by a country mile,I would take him any day,he would be sensational in blue and white.
Gotta say I hate Gutherson guys, even when playing for the Blues I find it hard to support him.
However he is 100% effort every minute of every game & usually the catalyst for anything good that happens for those slimy pricks. If he was to swap the yellow for white & join us I think it would take a few games to get used to but I am sure I could come to love Gutho...difference is probably an extra 300k+/yr over what we just signed Allan at..

Turvey Chip and Chase

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It’s a signing that strengthens us, however, look how bad we were.

I really don’t want to be “that guy” that doom and gloom’s things, I want the best for us and I hope I’m wrong and would be SOOO happy o eat my words, but I’m really not excited by this.

Pace in the FB role is crucial nowadays. I hope they can work on his pace.

yes, he’s origin, but they did have a few full back options injured last year for origin.

I don’t think he’s a shit player, but he is not much faster than Hoppa, and you know how we all felt about his lack of zip in the FB role. I think he’s a good player to have in the squad, not a gun fullback.

also, hope Averillo learns how to pass of the deck, looks like he’s going to be our 14. May not be a bad thing.

I pray I’m wrong here, after all, Baz knows better than I do....