Official Corey Allan signs 3 year deal with Bulldogs

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Actually on second thoughts I'd probably take him...pretty much a faster more agile Hoppa and could probably slot in well at centre also. Just don't think there's much value signing him, manager will probably push for decent $$$ after his SOO selection.

Raysie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'd be pretty happy with this. He had a really shite Origin game, but otherwise couldn't fault him for his form at the Rabbits at the end of last season.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Not that keen. Would want to much.

Also with burton and Flanagan wtf we doing with averilo? Centre? Cotric and hoppa surely there...

Not keen on a 12 Month move to 5/8 for Jake. Allan won’t take 12 Month deal either or he would stay at south’s surely.

Maybe he plays centre and cotric in the wing I dunno.

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't mind it. I think Allan's slightly better than Meaney (eye test, stats wise Allan is better). It'd allow us to play Meaney on the wing (instead of T. Katoa or Harding) until Okunbor returns with Allan at fullback (I have Averillo playing five-eighth). After this year I'm not sure Allan would be much use (depth I guess) as almost all of us want to see Averillo at fullback when Burton arrives (some even before). With JAC and Burton coming, we desperately need a hooker and another prop (both quality). Once we have all that we're a serious team again.
The problem was with his asking price,he’s manager was asking was 600k, because he played state of origin,the clubs offer was around 450k,that was the word around the club,if we can snag him for 450k I think would be a good buy he covered well for Inglis at fullback and has also played centre and wing.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I’m waiting till it’s offical to worry about it because it doesn’t make much sense for us to buy Allan for a few reasons.

ddt192

The Blue N White Butcher Stripe
Reaction score
Wouldn’t mind this tbh. He has some good hands and didn’t look out of place when he came in for Latrell. Can he play centre ?

Bulldog Wrestler

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I like to see the club make these announcements, before I get too invested, one way or another. But, I'd be far more excited to see a quality Hooker signed, to be honest.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Doubt he moves clubs to play in other position besides fullback either so his ability to play wing or centre doesn’t really matter.

BahaMan

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Can’t wrap my head around this one. Bloke looked okay in a quality Souths attack last season. Battles at times under a high ball and in defence. Thought he had West Tigers written all over him and that’s saying something.