Soccer The Liverpool FC Super Thread

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Okay I've done some Botman research. Not happening.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Okay I've done some Botman research. Not happening.
Haha

I don't think we'll buy a CB in Jan but will wait to get exactly what we want in the next window. The club has always been about being patient etc. and putting faith in the squad so I can't see us changing that.

I hope we do though as we've literally got no fit 1st grade CBs anymore. We've gotta start playing the top teams again, and Man U, where we'll be found out more. And we will be.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Haha

I don't think we'll buy a CB in Jan but will wait to get exactly what we want in the next window. The club has always been about being patient etc. and putting faith in the squad so I can't see us changing that.

I hope we do though as we've literally got no fit 1st grade CBs anymore. We've gotta start playing the top teams again, and Man U, where we'll be found out more. And we will be.
I think we will still bring in someone.. but like you said go after a top target next window.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I think we will still bring in someone.. but like you said go after a top target next window.
Hope so mate. Hope so. Why do you say Botman isn't possible? First year of contract? He was bought dirt cheap so if we offered 20m+ it'd be a lot more than what they initially piad?

It's honestly a fucking miracle that we're on top considering all of the injuries, COVID, and shitty VAR calls against us. Getting Jota back, having Thiago plus getting a decent CB in will be brilliant.

Find it interesting that there's so so many pics, updates etc. about VVD's recovery but absolutely nothing about Gomez. Weird? One thing that annoys me about the club is how secretive they are about injured players. Wish they'd tell us more.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
BIG BIG BIG month ahead for us.

Saints (A) - 04/01
Man Utd (H) - 17/01
Burnley (H) - 21/01
Spurs (A) - 28/01
West Ham (A) - 31/01

Some really tough games there and considering all of the stupid points we've lost recently we really we need to win all of these.

Starts with Saints. Anything but a win is disasterous imo. Happy to start '21 on a clean slate. We're top. So we now need to set the pace. It's in our hands.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Hope so mate. Hope so. Why do you say Botman isn't possible? First year of contract? He was bought dirt cheap so if we offered 20m+ it'd be a lot more than what they initially piad?

It's honestly a fucking miracle that we're on top considering all of the injuries, COVID, and shitty VAR calls against us. Getting Jota back, having Thiago plus getting a decent CB in will be brilliant.

Find it interesting that there's so so many pics, updates etc. about VVD's recovery but absolutely nothing about Gomez. Weird? One thing that annoys me about the club is how secretive they are about injured players. Wish they'd tell us more.
Okay, maybe we are signing Botman :tearsofjoy:

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Look , if we don’t sign Botman or any other central defender can we go to plan B and look at getting the referees and VAR to help us out. Its working for Utd. 11th penalty of the season and they are on target to match their last seasons record breaking haul.
Villa equalise , Pogba trips over himself in the box ....Penalty awarded lol
What a beautiful brand of football they play .....150 tactical fouls by Utd players through out the match and the referee allows it.
Aston Villa were quite unlucky not to win the game against these pretenders. They won’t be winning shit, their luck will run out sooner or later.

Last edited:

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I smell teams that play like shit being pushed to wins by referees, VAR and lady luck . :blush:

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Look , if we don’t sign Botman or any other central defender can we go to plan B and look at getting the referees and VAR to help us out. Its working for Utd. 11th penalty of the season and they are on target to match their last seasons record breaking haul.
Villa equalise , Pogba trips over himself in the box ....Penalty awarded lol
What a beautiful brand of football they play .....150 tactical fouls by Utd players through out the match and the referee allows it.
Aston Villa were quite unlucky not to win the game against these pretenders. They won’t be winning shit, their luck will run out sooner or later.
United have received 6 penalties in the premier league and Liverpool 5.

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We know, and you’re well on you’re way to breaking last seasons record of 14 . Back to back in other words.
Pogba’s penalty should not have been awarded today, he tripped over himself.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
One of Botman's mates said he's joining us, he is also yet to return to France and is in the Netherlands...so announcement when I wake up tomorrow?

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
We know, and you’re well on you’re way to breaking last seasons record of 14 . Back to back in other words.
Pogba’s penalty should not have been awarded today, he tripped over himself.
Spot on. Shame some people get so tribal about it.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
One of Botman's mates said he's joining us, he is also yet to return to France and is in the Netherlands...so announcement when I wake up tomorrow?
A signing we really need to make? Just very very quiet everywhere about this.

Announcement won't be till the 4th though, if at all, when the window opens. Would be very happy with this signing as he seems like a proper CB. Would've prefered someone more experienced but ...

Would be wonderful having him & Matip at CB, then having Fabinho, Thiago + another midfielder in front. Would be tidy that.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
FSG are tight, they won't spend big unless they can sell.

Klopp is a genius for working on their net spend budget and getting amazing results.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
FSG are tight, they won't spend big unless they can sell.

Klopp is a genius for working on their net spend budget and getting amazing results.
Their purchases last window doesn't fit that tho, does it? And I don't think botman would be a big signing. 30m or under these days really isn't massive

I've got my doubts tho that we'll sign someone but I don't think it's because FSG are tight but because the right player doesn't come up. We'll see