News Malakai Watene-Zelezniak

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Bulldogs 2021 Pre-season Junior Development Trials
Authorbulldogs.com.auTimestampTue 15 Dec 2020, 02:55 PM
Share on social media
The Bulldogs junior development teams kick off their 2021 pre-season trials this week in the lead up to the Christmas holiday period.
Our Harold Matthews and SG Ball Cup sides will face off against the Penrith Panthers at Federation Forrest this Friday.
We match up against the Wests Tigers the following day, when our Jersey Flegg and Tarsha Gale Cup sides clash in Camden to round out our junior development representative trial matches for the weekend.

Representative LevelFixtureDateTimeVenue
Harold Matthews CupBulldogs vs PanthersFriday 18 December5:00PMFederation Forrest Football Fields
SG Ball CupBulldogs vs PanthersFriday 18 December7:00PMFederation Forrest Football Fields
Jersey FleggBulldogs vs Wests TigersSaturday 19 December9:30AMKirkham Oval, Camden
Tarsha Gale CupBulldogs vs Wests TigersSaturday 19 December11:00AMKirkham Oval, Camden

iDoggiesFan

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Baz has been talking about leaving the last 3 spots for signing quality players...clearly DWZ junior is not so this has to be a depth signing so who cares
I was looking forward to some player signing news today - JAC or early Burton release - but this is the best we can do.
Oh well maybe tomorrow
DWZ Senior*

Malakai is 4 years older than Dallin surprisingly.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Don't like either of them... Should have pissed Dallin off and signed Sione Katoa from the Sharks and had him here with brother Tui instead

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Maybe a train and trial contract?

We have Jayden Cock'n'balls out for a months to start the season. Leaves us with Meaney, DWZ and Crichton to fight it out for 2 wing spots. Doesn't hurt to have some more in there, if its bargain basement.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Not too worried about MWZ , he was not a bad player a while Back, remember watching him in the pink jersey for the panthers and thinking at the time we should have him instead of DWZ, I think TBAZ will get the best out of him if he’s just for depth...!! Never know, he could become the next big thing, it’s not impossible, just not likely.!!

Woofwoof1980

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
This is probably going to get me some flak as some people on TK are ruthless.... but here goes anyway. What's with all the DWZ bashing? I know he can be questionable under the highball at times and he has made some errors(in an error riddled team). Are you guys forgetting when we got him at the back end of 2019 we were sitting in dead last? And finished 12th. Largely off his back and playing out of position. He is a winger FFS. Our biggest problem and has been well documented is our spine is flimsy as fuck. Until we develop or buy a decent fullback and hooker we are most probably going to finish outside the 8.... anyway just my opinion.
Go Dogs

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is probably going to get me some flak as some people on TK are ruthless.... but here goes anyway. What's with all the DWZ bashing? I know he can be questionable under the highball at times and he has made some errors(in an error riddled team). Are you guys forgetting when we got him at the back end of 2019 we were sitting in dead last? And finished 12th. Largely off his back and playing out of position. He is a winger FFS. Our biggest problem and has been well documented is our spine is flimsy as fuck. Until we develop or buy a decent fullback and hooker we are most probably going to finish outside the 8.... anyway just my opinion.
Go Dogs
IMO his form is heavily dependent on his confidence...yes this is true of all athletes but some more than others and DWZ seems to be the type of player who is very reliant on confidence. When he's on he looks good but when he loses confidence he looks like a park footballer

Also, he is a winger who is being paid as a FB so he's always going to cop criticism unless he is on fire (apparently he's on $600K which is more than our JAC offer). With Cotric and JAC on $600K each we can't afford to be carrying DWZ on $600K too (yes I'm assuming we have signed JAC)

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Go Dogs
He's a great bloke, but unfortunately he's on a shitload more than he's worth. Always been an extremely inconsistent player.

Syrian Bulldog

New Pup
Reaction score
IMO his form is heavily dependent on his confidence...yes this is true of all athletes but some more than others and DWZ seems to be the type of player who is very reliant on confidence. When he's on he looks good but when he loses confidence he looks like a park footballer

Also, he is a winger who is being paid as a FB so he's always going to cop criticism unless he is on fire (apparently he's on $600K which is more than our JAC offer). With Cotric and JAC on $600K each we can't afford to be carrying DWZ on $600K too (yes I'm assuming we have signed JAC)
All I saw was a few good hits and abit of stupidity for $600k