Josh Addo Carr - Consolidated Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

bulldogsmyte

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Who’s the alternative ? Hoppa? Avo is about the same size,quicker and will be stronger after the preseason.
We don't have a top class centre. Hoppa is the least worse option from a list of poor options at this stage until the roster cleanout at end of 21. It's not a position to put a rookie as he has to defend against big boppa edge forwards running at him in addition to the centres and wingers. Need experience to make the right decisions under pressure. TB said in a coaching video years ago that it was the hardest position to defend against so zero chance of him putting Avo there.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The silence is deafening regarding the fox in his decision. I bet a decision will be made this week.
He is taking a pretty big risk if he doesnt sign with us. In 2 weeks the offer is off the table so that means us and the tigers are no longer options.

If he is fair dinkum about wanting to do what's best for his family he takes the deal.

1. Its in Sydney where he wants to be ; and
2. Its top dollar. He wont get more elsewhere

So its either sign with us or hold out for Souths and risk losing hundreds of thousands of dollars to play with your mates.

Of course we dont know what's going on behind closed doors either. Souths are as bad as the roosters when it comes to the cap. They reckon Latrell went there for $200k less than he could have got at the roosters and $400k less than what he could have got at the Tigers. They also got James Roberts off their books when he was on $500k and accepted $150k to play with the tigers. I have literally never seen that happen before. Every other time a player is moved on he keeps his whole salary and the old club has to chip in to make up the difference. But somehow we are led to believe he just gave up $350k a year for a change of scenery ?? Not to mention Burgess and Inglis. Farkin spare me

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He is taking a pretty big risk if he doesnt sign with us. In 2 weeks the offer is off the table so that means us and the tigers are no longer options.

If he is fair dinkum about wanting to do what's best for his family he takes the deal.

So its either sign with us or hold out for Souths and risk losing hundreds of thousands of dollars to play with your mates.

Of course we dont know what's going on behind closed doors either. Souths are as bad as the roosters when it comes to the cap. They reckon Latrell went there for $200k less than he could have got at the roosters and $400k less than what he could have got at the Tigers. They also got James Roberts off their books when he was on $500k and accepted $150k to play with the tigers. I have literally never seen that happen before. Every other time a player is moved on he keeps his whole salary and the old club has to chip in to make up the difference. But somehow we are led to believe he just gave up $350k a year for a change of scenery ?? Not to mention Burgess and Inglis. Farkin spare me
Maybe the tigers are back in the hunt

dogsballs

Kennel Established
Reaction score

I’m still under the impression that south’s are trying to offload someone in the background to free up space for JAC. The whole touring our facilities with his manager with a planted photographer was to get interest from other clubs no doubt. Sure our offer is real but we are smart to put a time limit on it.

dogsballs

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Also I would rather try Avo at fullback and go after S Chrichton or Stags for centre then sign JAC. He’s a great player no doubt but I feel like centres are what we actually need still. Crichton could also come as a fullback option in future.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
I think we clearly Can afford jac now.

Hoppa Goes next year for me and staggs and Crichton are my main targets. If no go perhaps best...

If We are smart we are throwing 500kish at Leinu leaving us about 150k with him replacing napa.

That 150k can go on top of hoppa 600-700k and easily afford any of them.

Napa and hoppa out. Leinu and staggs/Crichton in.

With jac no doubt covered from smith and whatever’s left now. People forget Foran and tolman would of been almost 2mil ffs. Lost cogger sue montoya Holland the other nuffies who are all on overs. I mean burton Flanagan and cotric barely take more than forans 1.2 backend deal alone!!! Tolman and montoya and Holland where all on overs to! Tolman was rumoured on backend near 700k ffs! Thanks dessie!

Then I’d piss off lewis jmk combined no doubt 600k+ and get a minimum in. With 450k plus whatever we have when we part with britt meaney Katoa other smith Crichton (unless it’s to sign his bro) I’m sure we have some of them on more than they are worth! That would allow us a good 700-800k play for a hooker e.g smith or Clarke or McInnes at worst.

Last edited:

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Does he even want to play fullback?
Is Barrett even considering him as a fullback?
Four years is massive, gives him and the club some stability, the icing on the cake for the rebuild.
If we don't get him things are still on the up with other options, Meaney is reasonably reliable and there are some good wingers on the market.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’m still under the impression that south’s are trying to offload someone in the background to free up space for JAC. The whole touring our facilities with his manager with a planted photographer was to get interest from other clubs no doubt. Sure our offer is real but we are smart to put a time limit on it.
Yep they probably are. But even if they are I doubt they can do it within 2 weeks which is when our offer is pulled.

Also I dont think they will match our offer.

So as I said he has to decide whether he wants to take that risk. I cant see anything changing from Souths point of view by the end of next week so he has all of the info he needs to make a decision

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I think we clearly Can afford jac now.

Hoppa Goes next year for me and staggs and Crichton are my main targets. If no go perhaps best...

If We are smart we are throwing 500kish at Leinu leaving us about 150k with him replacing napa.

That 150k can go on top of hoppa 600-700k and easily afford any of them.

Napa and hoppa out. Leinu and staggs/Crichton in.

With jac no doubt covered from smith and whatever’s left now. People forget Foran and tolman would of been almost 2mil ffs. Lost cogger sue montoya Holland the other nuffies who are all on overs. I mean burton Flanagan and cotric barely take more than forans 1.2 backend deal alone!!! Tolman and montoya and Holland where all on overs to! Tolman was rumoured on backend near 700k ffs! Thanks dessie!

Then I’d piss off lewis jmk combined no doubt 600k+ and get a minimum in. With 450k plus whatever we have when we part with britt meaney Katoa other smith Crichton (unless it’s to sign his bro) I’m sure we have some of them on more than they are worth! That would allow us a good 700-800k play for a hooker e.g smith or Clarke or McInnes at worst.
I'm pretty confident Hopoate isn't on 600-700k for 2021. This year was the last year of his back ended deal and he got a 1 year extension at a reduced rate for 2021. I think 400-500k is more likely what he's on.

Malla

Reaction score
Yep they probably are. But even if they are I doubt they can do it within 2 weeks which is when our offer is pulled.

Also I dont think they will match our offer.

So as I said he has to decide whether he wants to take that risk. I cant see anything changing from Souths point of view by the end of next week so he has all of the info he needs to make a decision
JAC to Souths will not happen, I don't know where Buzz or anyone got that bullshit rumour from.

Souths are offering him wingers money.

Bulldogs have put together an incentive based contract that has bonuses if he is able to successfully transition into a fullback.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
JAC to Souths will not happen, I don't know where Buzz or anyone got that bullshit rumour from.

Souths are offering him wingers money.

Bulldogs have put together an incentive based contract that has bonuses if he is able to successfully transition into a fullback.
Alot of the journo's have mentioned that his preference is to go to Souths. They might be making it up because he has alot of mates there and they are using that.

I am fully aware of the contract we put to him. And as I said even if Souths go after him they wont be able to match our offer

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
I'm pretty confident Hopoate isn't on 600-700k for 2021. This year was the last year of his back ended deal and he got a 1 year extension at a reduced rate for 2021. I think 400-500k is more likely what he's on.
No way in the world is he on 400k mate/ we had Fucking Holland on almost that which is disgusting!

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
No way in the world is he on 400k mate/ we had Fucking Holland on almost that which is disgusting!
Two wrongs don't make a right. Hopoate being on 600-700k this time round would be up there with Foran contract stupidity. I just can't see it personally, it has to be in the 400-500k range.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Barrett has mentioned in an interview about being creative and using JAC as a 2nd fullback at certain parts of the game from the wing. Ideally JAC comes as a winger otherwise Averillo doesn't have a position imo. Averillo is also going to need time at fullback, more than JAC would need imo.
Spot on

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Two wrongs don't make a right. Hopoate being on 600-700k this time round would be up there with Foran contract stupidity. I just can't see it personally, it has to be in the 400-500k range.
Sorry mate but that’a you trying to find a positive. It ain’t there lol.

Well it is. One more year of it.

Think of the $ napa, Tolman, hoop, Foran, etc took up. Scary to think montoya and Holland where on that near 400k mark ffs!

Almost finally free!

Status
Not open for further replies.