Who will be the last 3 signings for 2021 ?

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
What if Remis was never a swap, his form and attitude sucked and he thinks he is a centre and not a winger..

Just maybe he asked for a release and was granted one.
Storm wanting him is enough to keep him. I think everyone can see the potential Reimis had/has. With us getting a new coach it would of been beneficial to keep him for at least 1 more year to see how he responded to Barrett. If we released Reimis without getting JAC or B. Smith (Naden would of been fine too) I think it's a massive mistake. We're also light at winger with Okunbor being out for an extended period.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Storm wanting him is enough to keep him. I think everyone can see the potential Reimis had/has. With us getting a new coach it would of been beneficial to keep him for at least 1 more year to see how he responded to Barrett. If we released Reimis without getting JAC or B. Smith (Naden would of been fine too) I think it's a massive mistake. We're also light at winger with Okunbor being out for an extended period.
Yeah, I’m not questioning if @bradyk wants to keep him. Unless you are privy to Barrett’s plan is and what players matter or what Hill thinks it doesn’t really matter.

Remis has not come out and said anything and maybe he instigated the move. We are definitely NOT light on wingers or blokes who can play there...

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Yeah, I’m not questioning if @bradyk wants to keep him. Unless you are privy to Barrett’s plan is and what players matter or what Hill thinks it doesn’t really matter.

Remis has not come out and said anything and maybe he instigated the move. We are definitely NOT light on wingers or blokes who can play there...
Your opinion doesn't matter either then. We're light at winger unless you're fine with Crichton playing which I'm personally not. Even if Meaney's on the wing (we're cucked elsewhere if that's the case) he isn't good enough. DWZ's not even good enough going off last years form. We need another winger imo (as our current roster stands). If you disagree or be a tosser, this is where this conversation ends.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Your opinion doesn't matter either then. We're light at winger unless you're fine with Crichton playing which I'm personally not. Even if Meaney's on the wing (we're cucked elsewhere if that's the case) he isn't good enough. DWZ's not even good enough going off last years form. We need another winger imo (as our current roster stands). If you disagree or be a tosser, this is where this conversation ends.
Yep, we need another winger hahaha no worries

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Marshall king will have a breakout season next year.. MARK MY WORDS...
Mate all the kid needs is the confidence in himself to grow and some decent footy knowledge inserted into his brain along with how to stay composed... He already got everything else.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Wingers:

Cotric
Okunbor(he’ll get better and better)
Meaney(Did his job well under shit coaching)
DWZ(no doubt under the new coach he’ll pull his head out of his arse)

These players are more than capable of getting the job done under the new coaching regime. Just remember who was coaching us last season.
Please don’t tell me Cotric is a Centre. He might well be and could prove to be a good Centre but at the moment what has he done to prove he’s going to be a great Centre. Players need to be played in their positions. What we need is an out and out fleet footed Centre to partner Hoppa in the short term and then look for another Centre for 2022-2023(maybe Alomati/Schoupp can be brought up or sourced from another club) once Hoppa is moved on.

We need a gun Centre and Hooker for 2022 if we can’t land them for 2021. That’s what we’re missing badly. I’d give the no.1 Jersey to Avo and let him grow there and be our long term fullback!

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
What if Remis was never a swap, his form and attitude sucked and he thinks he is a centre and not a winger..

Just maybe he asked for a release and was granted one.
Good, lets Barrett bring in someone he wants.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Mate all the kid needs is the confidence in himself to grow and some decent footy knowledge inserted into his brain along with how to stay composed... He already got everything else.
“he needs footy knowledge inserted into his brain.”

That’s the problem mate.

Not saying he can’t improve and may have the potential to get better and better with the right coaching, BUT 9 times out of 10 you can see something special in great hookers early on in their careers. I just haven’t seen that something special in JMK to have any great hope of him being one of the top 5 no.9’s in the competition. For us to do anything regarding having a real crack at a premiership in the next couple of years the modern game requires a side to have a champion no.9 which in my humble opinion is the most important position on the field. Your whole attack starts from dummy half.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Wingers:

Cotric
Okunbor(he’ll get better and better)
Meaney(Did his job well under shit coaching)
DWZ(no doubt under the new coach he’ll pull his head out of his arse)

These players are more than capable of getting the job done under the new coaching regime. Just remember who was coaching us last season.
Please don’t tell me Cotric is a Centre. He might well be and could prove to be a good Centre but at the moment what has he done to prove he’s going to be a great Centre. Players need to be played in their positions. What we need is an out and out fleet footed Centre to partner Hoppa in the short term and then look for another Centre for 2022-2023(maybe Alomati/Schoupp can be brought up or sourced from another club) once Hoppa is moved on.

We need a gun Centre and Hooker for 2022 if we can’t land them for 2021. That’s what we’re missing badly. I’d give the no.1 Jersey to Avo and let him grow there and be our long term fullback!
Cotric is playing centre next year, another position where we were a basket case for but recruited to rectify.
Okunbor out for an extended period of time with an ACL injury.
Meaney's one of the worst wingers in the NRL when comparing him to other teams wingers, he's basically there to fill the position, I actually don't mind him as a back-up, but not first selection.
DWZ was a donkey last year.

Schoupp looks more like a 2022 option, at best mid 2021.
Averillo would be my 1 if Burton is released, otherwise 6.

We need a hooker, winger and prop. If we move Hopoate on Schoupp can play centre or we sign another centre.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Cotric is playing centre next year, another position where we were a basket case for but recruited to rectify.
Okunbor out for an extended period of time with an ACL injury.
Meaney's one of the worst wingers in the NRL when comparing him to other wingers in the NRL, he's basically there to fill the position, I actually don't mind him as a back-up, but not first selection.
DWZ was a donkey last year.
Well let’s just hope Cotric kills it at Centre next year otherwise bringing him over as a Centre will only make our club look as silly as that person on your aviator.

Why would you buy another winger to replace someone who is injured(Okunbor). What happens when okunbor comes back. We have enough back up wingers until he comes back. Meaney is a perfect back up winger.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Well let’s just hope Cotric kills it at Centre next year otherwise bringing him over as a Centre will only make our club look as silly as that person on your aviator.

Why would you buy another winger to replace someone who is injured(Okunbor). What happens when okunbor comes back. We have enough back up wingers until he comes back. Meaney is a perfect back up winger.
One or both of DWZ and Okunbor need to go after next year or the year after. Okunbor was good for the 2 games (not counting the one he was injured in) he played in the back end of the season but he's 50/50 whether he's going to make it long term. If DWZ and Okunbor are our wingers it's average at best when comparing to other teams.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Mate all the kid needs is the confidence in himself to grow and some decent footy knowledge inserted
“he needs footy knowledge inserted into his brain.”

That’s the problem mate.

Not saying he can’t improve and may have the potential to get better and better with the right coaching, BUT 9 times out of 10 you can see something special in great hookers early on in their careers. I just haven’t seen that something special in JMK to have any great hope of him being one of the top 5 no.9’s in the competition. For us to do anything regarding having a real crack at a premiership in the next couple of years the modern game requires a side to have a champion no.9 which in my humble opinion is the most important position on the field. Your whole attack starts from dummy half.
Spot on! A hooker either has that creativity and vision or they don’t. It’s like pace in that regard and there’s some things that just cannot be coached and unfortunately JMK just doesn’t have it.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
One or both of DWZ and Okunbor need to go after next year or the year after. Okunbor was good for the 2 games (not counting the one he was injured in) he played in the back end of the season but he's 50/50 whether he's going to make it long term. If DWZ and Okunbor are our wingers it's average at best when comparing to other teams.
I wouldn’t write off Okunbor just yet mate.
But regardless, you’re giving too much fuss over getting another winger in. The real concern is the centers mate, that’s where we are thin. We don’t have an out and out Centre. Not even one. Our centers are makeshift. Heck, I’d even go as far and say not even Hoppa is a Centre, don’t forget where he played at Manly and even when he played origin. We’re stacked with wingers. But we don’t even have One natural Centre. Just stating the facts.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'm a firm believer that a player or even a team are only as good a their coach and supporting staff are. Pay and his team of pretenders are the perfect example of this. We looked totally disorganized and unprepared dare I say unprofessional during Pay's tenure, we couldn't even attract sub-par first graders without overpaying. We cultivated a culture of excepting mediocrity, sub standard performances, even hard nosed, die hard fans were excepting of a loss as long as the boys showed some fight and were not blown of the park.

By all accounts Remis had a bad attitude ad hated to train and it showed in his below par performances, though letting him go for nothing is a bit of a head scratcher, I believe the club would of done it's due diligence and had it's reasons for letting him go. Continually revisiting the question to why we let him go is like closing the gate when the horse has already bolted. We will never know the real reason behind it nor will we know if Remis would have changed his attitude nor blossomed under Barrett's tutelage. but I'm confident enough to believe that Barrett would have known of any appending release, and since Remis was released Barrett would have had his say.

What I'm getting at is, to cut a long story short, as a fan for the first time in years I am feeling optimistic going into a new season. All the news surrounding the club seems positive and up beat, by the grace of God and Barrett's charisma we are hitting our targeted recruitment targets, for the first time in a long time Hill seems to be focused and determined and the board is silent. All good signs.....this wave of positivity is sure to have a flow on effect through our playing group / roster. Barrett and his team will have us fit focused and ready and every player that dons our jersey will have earned it.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I'm a firm believer that a player or even a team are only as good a their coach and supporting staff are. Pay and his team of pretenders are the perfect example of this. We looked totally disorganized and unprepared dare I say unprofessional during Pay's tenure, we couldn't even attract sub-par first graders without overpaying. We cultivated a culture of excepting mediocrity, sub standard performances, even hard nosed, die hard fans were excepting of a loss as long as the boys showed some fight and were not blown of the park.

By all accounts Remis had a bad attitude ad hated to train and it showed in his below par performances, though letting him go for nothing is a bit of a head scratcher, I believe the club would of done it's due diligence and had it's reasons for letting him go. Continually revisiting the question to why we let him go is like closing the gate when the horse has already bolted. We will never know the real reason behind it nor will we know if Remis would have changed his attitude nor blossomed under Barrett's tutelage. but I'm confident enough to believe that Barrett would have known of any appending release, and since Remis was released Barrett would have had his say.

What I'm getting at is, to cut a long story short, as a fan for the first time in years I am feeling optimistic going into a new season. All the news surrounding the club seems positive and up beat, by the grace of God and Barrett's charisma we are hitting our targeted recruitment targets, for the first time in a long time Hill seems to be focused and determined and the board is silent. All good signs.....this wave of positivity is sure to have a flow on effect through our playing group / roster. Barrett and his team will have us fit focused and ready and every player that dons our jersey will have earned it.
Well said mate

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
WTF?? I think you have had one too many Kennel battles champ and you are a bit punch drunk.. I was not having a go at you ya Wally.

I was merely suggesting that perhaps others inside the club might have a different view about Remis Smith and that maybe the discussion on here about him being a swap for JAC or anyone else for that matter was just speculation.

Put your dukes down little fella...

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
WTF?? I think you have had one too many Kennel battles champ and you are a bit punch drunk.. I was not having a go at you ya Wally.

I was merely suggesting that perhaps others inside the club might have a different view about Remis Smith and that maybe the discussion on here about him being a swap for JAC or anyone else for that matter was just speculation.

Put your dukes down little fella...
Stop picking fights with everyone ffs