Who will be the last 3 signings for 2021 ?

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
look I think there is an agreement between the dogs and the storm I just don’t know who for. To say it’s def not going to happen can’t be right, Barrett has Bering doin everything right so far so I have faith he is going after a good number 9 and smith might be the man.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
look I think there is an agreement between the dogs and the storm I just don’t know who for. To say it’s def not going to happen can’t be right, Barrett has Bering doin everything right so far so I have faith he is going after a good number 9 and smith might be the man.
RSmith going to Melbourne in a virtual media vacuum makes us wonder what is really going on, surely there has to be at least a back story. They demanded a like for like player swap for JAC and the Tigers couldn't/wouldn't deliver and RSmith is not exactly a bad like for like winger swap. Obviously Bellamy agreed to his signing so obviously he wasn't a instant reject, if a swap was on cards.

The question is who is RSMith a swap for?

Go Dogs

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
RSmith going to Melbourne in a virtual media vacuum makes us wonder what is really going on, surely there has to be at least a back story. They demanded a like for like player swap for JAC and the Tigers couldn't/wouldn't deliver and RSmith is not exactly a bad like for like winger swap. Obviously Bellamy agreed to his signing so obviously he wasn't a instant reject, if a swap was on cards.

The question is who is RSMith a swap for?

Go Dogs
It can be no other than the Fox....JAC.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
In a perfect world Burton,JAC and Brandon Smith even if we had to, dare I say it,”back end “ their contracts a little to make it happen, We would be a top 4 side then. And could easily attract middle and lower priced players to complete our top 30 in 2022 when we have plenty of players to clear out Napa Lewis Crichton JMK SKatoa Hoppa , won’t be resigned and would free up around 2.5 million

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
In a perfect world Burton,JAC and Brandon Smith even if we had to, dare I say it,”back end “ their contracts a little to make it happen, We would be a top 4 side then. And could easily attract middle and lower priced players to complete our top 30 in 2022 when we have plenty of players to clear out Napa Lewis Crichton JMK SKatoa Hoppa , won’t be resigned and would free up around 2.5 million
You really need to rethink your logic, 3 players in and 6 players out doesn’t work, the fact is we have to 29 players before the season starts, so we can’t be Top 4 before we have to recruit at least 5 to replace the 6, because the season won’t have even started.

Go Dogs

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
You really need to rethink your logic, 3 players in and 6 players out doesn’t work, the fact is we have to 29 players before the season starts, so we can’t be Top 4 before we have to recruit at least 5 to replace the 6, because the season won’t have even started.

Go Dogs
I realise the logic is flawed BSmith Isn’t available till after 2022 and back ending contracts hasn’t helped us before. those players would be leaving and we could sign cheaper players to fill the 30. JAC, Burton, Flanagan and BSmith would be an awesome young spine . Both 500 k First year,JAC 2.8 mil for 4 years BSmith 2.5 mil for 4 years. I did say in a perfect world

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
It can be no other than the Fox....JAC.
I agree, I think the tigers heads of agreement complicated things and now it’s just a case of JAC and his Manager milking extra coin.

Reimis Smith going to the Storm is the best clue we will get, it couldn’t be for nothing, it had to be for JAC or B Smith & since Reimis is a winger JAC wanting to move to Sydney...just makes sense

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
I realise the logic is flawed BSmith Isn’t available till after 2022 and back ending contracts hasn’t helped us before. those players would be leaving and we could sign cheaper players to fill the 30. JAC, Burton, Flanagan and BSmith would be an awesome young spine . Both 500 k First year,JAC 2.8 mil for 4 years BSmith 2.5 mil for 4 years. I did say in a perfect world
We won’t get anyone cheaper than Katoa and Crichton, they are on the minimum. We might fluke it and get someone who is better after a year or 2, but no matter who it is they can’t be cheaper. There is no “perfect world“ for us, the NRL rules stop that from ever happening.

Go Dogs

Izy

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
1. Well, before the NRL make any changes to players breaking their contracts for more money elsewhere, which I fully support. Let’s hope we get Burton on the ASAP.

2. Doorey upgrade.

3. Will have to wait till June 30 I guess.

ATT

Kennel Established
Reaction score
They're saying it might only be 1 month under new rules
He has a lot more issues to deal with bigger than the game. He may be free to play under new rules but needs a clear path to deal with the issue of the use of substance not going to say where I got info or how long it’s gone on for but he’s had issues for some time and needs professional help to support him

ATT

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I was very keen on Naden before the cocaine thing but if we have already signed him surely the club will use this as an excuse to rip up his contract. If we're making a big song and dance about building a new culture and we're supposedly trying to model ourselves on the All Blacks, surely we can't sign a bloke like Naden as I'm pretty sure one of the rules of having a strong culture is having a no dickheads policy.

It's not the fact that he was taking cocaine that is the problem. Even if he was partying without drugs or he was playing video games till 5AM which resulted in him only getting 2 hours sleep the night before the GF, it would still be the same thing because he would still be hurting the team. We cant afford to have selfish players like that in the team.

As a footy club you can't tolerate that crap. The All Blacks or the Storm wouldnt, so I can't imagine Tbaz would, especially after recruiting Steve Hansen. Yes people make mistakes and they should be given 2nd chances but if he’s dumb enough to do coke the night before a GF I'm guessing this probably wasn't his first indiscretion. If he wants a 2nd chance I hear the Tigers are a great club
I agree with everything you stated. Except storm wouldn’t. They have a proven success of dealing with things like this. Example Sandor and Ingles
But as a hole I agree.

Woofwoof1980

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I can't believe all the hype over a bit of rack!!! Joey was a fiend on the pingers back in the day and look what he achieved. As long as Naden wasn't blowing rails off the toilet lid at half time who gives a fuck.... another media beat up. I'm sure most of the players indulge in blow from time to time. They are cashed up 20 year olds.... would most of us be any different?

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can't believe all the hype over a bit of rack!!! Joey was a fiend on the pingers back in the day and look what he achieved. As long as Naden wasn't blowing rails off the toilet lid at half time who gives a fuck.... another media beat up. I'm sure most of the players indulge in blow from time to time. They are cashed up 20 year olds.... would most of us be any different?
IMO the cocaine isn't the issue. It's the fact that he did it the night before the GF as that jeopardises the whole team. If he is off his game, even by 5%, that's going to a negative effect on the team and it could be the difference between winning and losing a GF. It shows poor judgement. That's the main issue.

It's the same as the Broncos players who were on the pokies the night before a big game (cant remember the details but I remember Milford was involved).

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Ends up exactly like a journeyman that just signed with his what 5th club now at the Tigers. And a few in Brisbane that don’t play like they once did. Their head ain’t in the game anymore and really shows.
We need to stay well away from these guys as they need too much help and the NRL need to step in and support them not the clubs.
And I think a lot of us would be different yes....

Woofwoof1980

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I agree with both these assessments. The bloke did however realise he had a problem and put his hand up. He did show poor judgement but if he gets 2 years for "performance enhancement " how do you think his mental health will be following that..... this should have been kept quiet let the nrl conduct its inquiry and get on with it. That should have been a 1 line story. This trial by media is out of control. These wankers like Hooper and Kent and just trying to sell papers.. these players need to learn but geez

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
I agree with both these assessments. The bloke did however realise he had a problem and put his hand up. He did show poor judgement but if he gets 2 years for "performance enhancement " how do you think his mental health will be following that..... this should have been kept quiet let the nrl conduct its inquiry and get on with it. That should have been a 1 line story. This trial by media is out of control. These wankers like Hooper and Kent and just trying to sell papers.. these players need to learn but geez
I think he was well advised to own up and then, most of all, book himself into rehab whilst playing the racial abuse card, all 3 things that play well with WADA. I don't believe he will get the maximum 2 years, maybe the 1 year less time off for already doing the rehab which WADA would have insisted on anyway.

Go Dogs

ATT

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I think he was well advised to own up and then, most of all, book himself into rehab whilst playing the racial abuse card, all 3 things that play well with WADA. I don't believe he will get the maximum 2 years, maybe the 1 year less time off for already doing the rehab which WADA would have insisted on anyway.

Go Dogs
You are very close to Mark. Hopefully he gets help not just a 1 week smoke screen help but real help