Josh Addo Carr - Consolidated Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Only issue is that we won't be paying 500k. I'd say 550 at least, if not 600k
If it is over 550k forget it. Souffs are the only other contender if you believe the reports.

Worse case if Souffs get him what is stopping us from getting one of their backs? They don't really need a winger as their backline is sorted so they will have to move someone on.

Allan, Loltrell, Graham, Gagai, Johnston. They also have Burns and Paulo as backup

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We've brought Burton and Flanagan in. Averillo probably fullback. We need a 9, but after that we need a winger and prop. No point waiting 3 years for the spine to develop when we have to spend 95% of the salary cap and we need to be competitive 2021 and 2022.
He’s overpriced for a winger mate! And he’s not a fullback! We should of got him when he was still at the tigers in 2016. We need to move on from this bloke. We’ve already paid big money for a winger in Cotric who is still yet to prove himself at Centre.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He’s overpriced for a winger mate! And he’s not a fullback! We should of got him when he was still at the tigers in 2016. We need to move on from this bloke. We’ve already paid big money for a winger in Cotric who is still yet to prove himself at Centre.
Whether he's a fullback or not, he's not going to be a fullback for us. Averillo will be our fullback, it's as simple as that.

The question is whether the $$ is worth spending on JAC or not? Personally, going over half a mill for a winger is a big step to take but I'd like to believe in Barrett making the right call. If they see it as necessary then OK.

The concern is that he'll want more than 500k and I do think that's way too much for a winger, no matter how good he is.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Plus DWZ is on more then he’s worth.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
South Sydney Rabbitohs on Josh Addo Carr contract, Bulldogs | Daily Telegraph
Josh Addo-Carr has a lucrative offer from Canterbury on the table but the Storm flyer’s desire to play in the cardinal and myrtle of South Sydney has not waned.

There is one problem for Addo-Carr and his Rabbitohs ambitions though: the Redfern club has no plans to initiate contract talks until star fullback Latrell Mitchell and forward Junior Tatola are locked up for season 2022 and beyond.

The Bulldogs entered the race for Addo-Carr’s signature this week with a four-year deal worth around $2 million dollars.
Josh Addo-Carr may not get his wish to play with the Rabbitohs in 2022. Picture: AAP Image/Scott Barbour

Josh Addo-Carr may not get his wish to play with the Rabbitohs in 2022. Picture: AAP Image/Scott Barbour

The Daily Telegraph understands the Rabbitohs won’t join the hunt for The Fox with the club already identifying their three top retention priorities: Keaon Koloamatangi, Mitchell and Tatola.

Rising forward Kolomatangi was locked in until the end of season 2023 in November with South Sydney’s attention now turning to Mitchell and Tatola, who are both off contract at the end of 2021.

Also at Redfern, Corey Allan’s manager has moved to quash suggestions the Queensland State of Origin fullback is on the outer at South Sydney.

With Mitchell set to return from a hamstring injury and take his place at fullback Allan could find himself struggling for a regular starting spot in season 2021.

“There has never been a discussion about him being released but the club has said ‘if you come to us with a proposition we can consider, we’ll talk about it then’,” Allan’s manager Sam Ayoub said.

Apex Cedar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Had this site bookmarked for a few months. And all I can say is i'm glad most of you dumb c*** ain't running the club. Some like bradyk and a few others are good but most of you c***'s need to grow the Fuck Up
Look at this **** we are all entitled to our opinions and we will all continue to do so if you don’t like it fuck off you turd

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
South Sydney Rabbitohs on Josh Addo Carr contract, Bulldogs, Stephen Crichton | Daily Telegraph
Josh Addo-Carr has a lucrative offer from Canterbury on the table but the Storm flyer’s desire to play in the cardinal and myrtle of South Sydney has not waned.

There is one problem for Addo-Carr and his Rabbitohs ambitions though: the Redfern club has no plans to initiate contract talks until star fullback Latrell Mitchell and forward Junior Tatola are locked up for season 2022 and beyond.

The Bulldogs entered the race for Addo-Carr’s signature this week with a four-year deal worth around $2 million dollars.

The Daily Telegraph understands the Rabbitohs won’t join the hunt for The Fox with the club already identifying their three top retention priorities: Keaon Koloamatangi, Mitchell and Tatola.

Rising forward Kolomatangi was locked in until the end of season 2023 in November with South Sydney’s attention now turning to Mitchell and Tatola, who are both off contract at the end of 2021.

Also at Redfern, Corey Allan’s manager has moved to quash suggestions the Queensland State of Origin fullback is on the outer at South Sydney.

With Mitchell set to return from a hamstring injury and take his place at fullback Allan could find himself struggling for a regular starting spot in season 2021.

“There has never been a discussion about him being released but the club has said ‘if you come to us with a proposition we can consider, we’ll talk about it then’,” Allan’s manager Sam Ayoub said.

Expect we'll find out where we stand in the coming week or so. Clearly the same as the Mitchell situation where there's a possibility for it being drawn out, which I highly doubt the club will allow. If JAC wants to come here I'd expect him to be announced soon. If he isn't, I'd expect the Dogs to officially pull out of the race soon enough also.

Time will tell.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Look at this c*** we are all entitled to our opinions and we will all continue to do so if you don’t like it fuck off you turd
This is the kind of 139th post I expect of people. Lovely. Well done kind Sir!

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Expect we'll find out where we stand in the coming week or so. Clearly the same as the Mitchell situation where there's a possibility for it being drawn out, which I highly doubt the club will allow. If JAC wants to come here I'd expect him to be announced soon. If he isn't, I'd expect the Dogs to officially pull out of the race soon enough also.

Time will tell.
I can’t see Hill letting it drag out. He smelt the bullshit early on with Latrell and canned the negotiations the same thing will happen here if he senses it.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I can’t see Hill letting it drag out. He smelt the bullshit early on with Latrell and canned the negotiations the same thing will happen here if he senses it.
Completely agree which is why I'm not too worried. The fact it's got to this point though makes me feel as though there's much more substance to it that Mitchell, however who really knows? We'll find out soon enough I think as the leak of the 'official offer' will no doubt put the ball in JAC's court, plus any rivals, to make their positions known.

Dog gone

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Why are we wasting our time on a winger. He won’t score jack shit with us until our spine fires!
Because he has what we need,the need for speed ,what we have offered is an excellent offer to become a part of a club with new hope in the coaches the board and players comming on board to really improve and make this club competetive again we are on the rise and if he wants to be part of it for the price we offer then awsome welcome to our great club if not then so be it bye bye

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
for the knights to be making a late play for JAC he must be seriously considering their offer even though he has stated he wants to be in Sydney to be closer to his family.....all I know is that money talks and if the knights come in with an offer of around 650k a year I think he will take it......

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Just my opinion, but if he's going to Souths he's taking a massive pay cut.

No way in hell they can come close to what we offer.
Just look at the roster they have and the money they have to spend.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
for the knights to be making a late play for JAC he must be seriously considering their offer even though he has stated he wants to be in Sydney to be closer to his family.....all I know is that money talks and if the knights come in with an offer of around 650k a year I think he will take it......
The Knights won't have the money to offer what we will. Its between us and Souths, and even then they won't have the money we have to offer.

On the books that is.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
BTW if they offer 650k a year when they already have guys on a mil plus a year good on them lol.

They don't have the money to offer what we can

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can’t see how the knights and Rabbits can come close to our offer.
Rabbits have Reynolds, Walker, Cook, Murray, Arrow on decent coin.
Knights have Ponga, Pearce, Klemmer, Brailey on decent coin.

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
On SEN radio this morning they said we have put a 2 week deadline on him. Offer is on the table until we break for Xmas. If he doesn’t sign by then he won’t be here in 2022.

I like that move. If he can’t make up his mind in that timeframe after already touring our facilities then it’s pretty clear he doesn’t want to come. Pull the offer and look elsewhere
Yeah I really like that move too. Very smart move by the club. If he turns us down, go even harder for Chricton. If I was Penrith I'd be using this 2 week deadline to lock him up now

Personally I think we'll get him. I'm not sure how appealing Souths will be when Clint Eastwood moves on to coach the 2nd Brisbane team plus I don't buy this notion that players are willing to take a pay cut just to play with their mates.

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
On SEN radio this morning they said we have put a 2 week deadline on him. Offer is on the table until we break for Xmas. If he doesn’t sign by then he won’t be here in 2022.

I like that move. If he can’t make up his mind in that timeframe after already touring our facilities then it’s pretty clear he doesn’t want to come. Pull the offer and look elsewhere
Hey Howie B brah
Its josh addo carr
Lets trot baby
Ill be at the dogs next year
Pcheeeeeeee

Status
Not open for further replies.