Official Kyle Flanagan signs 3 year deal

Hulk76

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Its a possibility. Maybe aiming to mould him into a Api Korosai type 9 ?

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Great news. 350k for a half of his potential and experience for three years, plus a 100k discount the first year is tremendous value.. Especially considering what average halves get paid..

He's not the finished article yet but I have faith that Baz is the right coach to get him to reach his potential. If we sign Burton too, we'd have one of the best halves combinations in the comp for years to come.

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What i really like about this signing is he chose us over the Sharks, so he wanted to come here to develop his game as opposed to coming here for a huge pay day like Foz did. Would he have signed with us if Pay or SG were coaching next year - even if our offer was higher....I don't think so

This is what having a good coach can do. Now I'm just waiting for Burton to start following Flanagan on Instagram and we'll know it's a done deal :laughing:

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Great news. 350k for a half of his potential and experience for three years, plus a 100k discount the first year is tremendous value.. Especially considering what average halves get paid..

He's not the finished article yet but I have faith that Baz is the right coach to get him to reach his potential. If we sign Burton too, we'd have one of the best halves combinations in the comp for years to come.
If he kicks on and we are only paying 350k 3 years from now, it will be a fucking steal.
Well done to all involved in making this happen. And welcome to the club Kyle!!!

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
All the usual suspects are out and about trying to crucify this kid before he gets here.
He and Averillo will be a good halves pairing. It will take time to develop but it will be good.
lewis will be the 14.
I think you need to get over the fact Lewis is going bye bye. Barrett doesn't rate him otherwise he wouldn't have signed Green, Flanno and chasing Burton.

Lewis sucks.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Should have signed you as our 7 for 2021. Would you prefer Green? Or maybe Lewis would be more your cup of tea??
Some people can never be pleased.
I would've preferred waiting another season to get a better half. Not bog ourselves down with him for another 3 years.

He failed in a well oiled back to back premiership roosters team.

Roosters won their first grand final with Cooper cronk having a busted shoulder and only marshalling the team around the field. Flanagan stepped in and completely failed to impress