Bulldogs close in on ambitious triple swoop as fresh Suaalii link emerges: Jimmy Brings

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Looks the same as Rona does, a social media stir. If the fullback thing is true that possibly lowers the chances of the Carr pulling up at Redfern, particularly with his buddy Mitchell there. Concord is entirely possible but don’t the Tigers still have serious cap crunch in ‘21 especially with the likes of Mbye, Packer and Reynolds still on the payroll, not to mention Tamou inbound? I doubt releasing Benji provided much cap relief...
That's why they are trying really hard to get rid of Reynolds, Mbye and Packer. I know we have signed players for massive overs but they have been doing it for a lot longer, lol and to a bigger extent......Benji no cap relief anyway as his time was already done.......

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
That's why they are trying really hard to get rid of Reynolds, Mbye and Packer. I know we have signed players for massive overs but they have been doing it for a lot longer, lol and to a bigger extent......Benji no cap relief anyway as his time was already done.......
Don’t like their chances re: offloading, MBye is contracted to end of ‘22! The other two end of ‘21 but can’t see anyone paying freight on Grub - he can barely get a start as it is. Geez the Tigers did us a favour with those two! Yeah, Benji was off contract but what I meant was he wasn’t on big dollars so regardless wouldn’t make much difference to their cap, offload or not, whereas the other guys clearly would. Not sure I can see them accommodating JAC money wise but who knows and time will tell...

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Don’t like their chances re: offloading, MBye is contracted to end of ‘22! The other two end of ‘21 but can’t see anyone paying freight on Grub - he can barely get a start as it is. Geez the Tigers did us a favour with those two! Yeah, Benji was off contract but what I meant was he wasn’t on big dollars so regardless wouldn’t make much difference to their cap, offload or not, whereas the other guys clearly would. Not sure I can see them accommodating JAC money wise but who knows and time will tell...
As much as some really were saddened to see us lose Reynolds yeah a real big favour. I have no sympathy for clubs that go all out as they "have to have" a certain player and then it all goes pear shaped ( it has happened to us too) How often have the tigers had to pay freight on players they move on so they can go to their next disaster, serves them right......Your explanation for Benji makes sense...funny how a proven player and game changer was signed for a lot less in comparison to the other three mentioned....

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
As much as some really were saddened to see us lose Reynolds yeah a real big favour. I have no sympathy for clubs that go all out as they "have to have" a certain player and then it all goes pear shaped ( it has happened to us too) How often have the tigers had to pay freight on players they move on so they can go to their next disaster, serves them right......Your explanation for Benji makes sense...funny how a proven player and game changer was signed for a lot less in comparison to the other three mentioned....
Yeah - whilst I didn’t dislike Grub as much as some I also wasn’t sad to see him go. He had Bulldog spirit which was great - but that wasn’t going to win us a premiership. Players aren’t the only thing the Tigers have carried plenty of freight on, there’s been a few coaches too! As for Benji, he ended up a bit of a journeyman - had he have stayed he might’ve earned a lot more ala Jacko.

gbrussell

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
There are fans on here that have supported the dogs for 60 years. Get over yourself clown. This all started because you stated you remember silva playing for the dogs, like it was yesterday.
Yeah mate I'm one of those 60+ year fans. Saw my first game in 1958 when I was 4 years old. Unlimited tackle with a 3 yard rule was a totally different game to today. I played under unlimited, 4 tackle and 6 tackle rules. I also refereed under 4 and 6 tackle rule.

ATT

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Naden is getting axed from tonights game. Hopefully he wants to follow barrett. Good centre!
No he has some baggage. Wanted to break bubble leading up to last week game. Good player but can be a little loose

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Hope Penrith win - their young players values go up we pick up a few and cameron plays on we get grant
Same thinking. Really hope Penrith wins which means it'll be harder to keep all the starts. Will have to let go of players without doubt. Burton leaving would have to be a no brainer as it'd immediately free up some space.

Personally don't think we're with any chance of getting the Melbourne boys but you never know.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yeah mate I'm one of those 60+ year fans. Saw my first game in 1958 when I was 4 years old. Unlimited tackle with a 3 yard rule was a totally different game to today. I played under unlimited, 4 tackle and 6 tackle rules. I also refereed under 4 and 6 tackle rule.
You must know as much as our serial pest @Nasheed then!!! Haha

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I saw a Twitter post that Naden would be on the bench, tbh I think he deserves to be there considering his contribution in the season. I think Panthers best team from what I'm hearing would be Kenny on the bench instead tho.

Reactions: ATT

gbrussell

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Like my ol man. He was borne in 45 and grew up in canterbury.
I grew up in Bankstown. Married a nice lady from the Shire where we now live. Played my junior football in the now defunct "West's Ashfield" juniors which was split in 2 with half going to Balmain and the other half to Canterbury. Played in West's so I could be in the same team as my cousin. Took up refereeing under encouragement from my science teacher Ian McCall who was a 1st grade touch judge for many years and he did a few Grand Finals.